Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 960
  1. #801  
    Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    Yes, I have hte Pre Plus unlocked, still in developer mode but unable to get out of Diag mode.

    When I go to the keypad and type in any of the suggested access codes, it tells me:
    USSD request failed. Network failure.

    And I can get no further.

    Any ideas?

    A
    You need to type: #*8727277# And then press the green hook key.
    Now a screen opens: USB Passthough control. Enter your validate key, and disable the diag mode as per Nexgen's manual.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  2. #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Have you tried rebooting and then access usbpassthrough?
    If you're not sure about the diag mode step, it could be something else...
    Windows 7 and novacom sometimes bite eachothers rear, just for fun.
    OK, being as bloody minded as I am, I can't let this go.

    I downloaded the tools from NextgenServer again and followed the instructions about going back to USB Pass through mode.

    I can generate the pass through key, but when from a fresh boot of the Pre Plus, when I go into the dial pad, all variations given for the USBPASS return the error message:

    USSD request failed. Network failure

    So I am stuck.

    A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
  3. #803  
    UPDATE: I am not sure what I have done, but that last one worked, thanks Richard.

    That was a bit weird. Seems sorted now though.
    Cheers all, off to bed happy now.
    A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
  4. #804  
    I bet you tried the hash code in SMS style. Happy it sorted out though. I was planning to let you doctor the pre. That works also.....
  5. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #805  
    Managed to unlock my Pre on a Vista PC. But I first tried my Win7 PC and now I can't get USB to work anymore.

    I can only get "Generic Serial" and "Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM)" and drivers don't get installed.

    Anyone got a fix?
  6. #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Managed to unlock my Pre on a Vista PC. But I first tried my Win7 PC and now I can't get USB to work anymore.

    I can only get "Generic Serial" and "Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM)" and drivers don't get installed.

    Anyone got a fix?
    Disable diag mode (see posts directly above yours)
  7. #807  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I bet you tried the hash code in SMS style. Happy it sorted out though. I was planning to let you doctor the pre. That works also.....
    Hash code in SMS style?
  8. #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hash code in SMS style?

    If you type #*USBASS# You type #*8727277# If you do this as an SMS message without T9, you need to type #*887777227877777777# (and that will nog work, obviously)

    Do i really need to explain this?
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  9. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Disable diag mode (see posts directly above yours)
    Aah, RTFM, nice.. Stopped reading after page 3..
  10. #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    If you type #*USBASS# You type #*8727277# If you do this as an SMS message without T9, you need to type #*887777227877777777# (and that will nog work, obviously)

    Do i really need to explain this?
    T9, that's just one little, evolutionary step after hammer&chisel, right?

    Didn't people stop using that in the mid 80's?

    Edit: and yes, I meant the opposite
    shouldn't my screen move with me as I type this one the Pre?
    wasn't that in the change log?
    Last edited by tomi666; 07/01/2010 at 03:55 PM.
  11. #811  
    planning on purchasing the unlock credit right now from nextgen.

    Question: will they email it to you instantly (meaning, right away??)
  12. #812  
    yes, it's an automated system.
  13. #813  
    just sucesffuly unlocked the ATT Pre Plus.

    (eBay unlockers couldnt sup0ply the code to my device for whatever starnge reason, so I used NexTGen instead)

    Using the phjone on TMobile now
  14. #814  
    OK, so I pored through all of these posts and I don't THINK this is a repost or duplicate question... forgive me if I'm wrong.

    I just ordered an AT&T Pre Plus on my wife's line, and I'd really like to hijack the phone for a while and put my SIM in until my white iPhone 4 is available. However, while I was speaking with the CSR at the time of purchase, he mentioned that any switching of devices in the 1st six months could incur a $300 charge. My question is: if I unlocked the phone, would that data (the fact that I've switched SIMs) still get passed, thus incurring the ridiculous charge, or would an unlock help me avoid that?

    Thanks for your help, folks. I'm excited to finally get to know the webOS system.
  15. #815  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronhopkin View Post
    OK, so I pored through all of these posts and I don't THINK this is a repost or duplicate question... forgive me if I'm wrong.

    I just ordered an AT&T Pre Plus on my wife's line, and I'd really like to hijack the phone for a while and put my SIM in until my white iPhone 4 is available. However, while I was speaking with the CSR at the time of purchase, he mentioned that any switching of devices in the 1st six months could incur a $300 charge. My question is: if I unlocked the phone, would that data (the fact that I've switched SIMs) still get passed, thus incurring the ridiculous charge, or would an unlock help me avoid that?

    Thanks for your help, folks. I'm excited to finally get to know the webOS system.
    I honestly wouldn't know how AT&T could find out you're popping in another SIM or unlocking the device. Can they also tell the color of you underwear?
    They probably guess you have no way of finding out if this is achievable and try to coerce you into not even giving it a try. Bullies. I don't think this is feasible at all.
    There's lots of AT&T users unlocking their Plus, so I think you should be fine.
    Then again, don't take my word for it.
  16. #816  
    I'm just guessing here, but wouldn't any use on a particular line also communicate some device data?
  17. #817  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronhopkin View Post
    I'm just guessing here, but wouldn't any use on a particular line also communicate some device data?
    Then follow your guess and don't unlock it.
    I can understand your need to over-analyze but I don't think you'll find a definitive answer anywhere.
  18. #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't know how AT&T could find out you're popping in another SIM or unlocking the device. Can they also tell the color of you underwear?
    believe me, whenever i put my sim card from iphone to pre, i check my att account and it immediately shows what type of cellphone i use
    it doesn't even take 5 min.
  19. #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Then follow your guess and don't unlock it.
    I can understand your need to over-analyze but I don't think you'll find a definitive answer anywhere.
    I stand corrected. See above for the answer you were looking for.
  20. #820  
    Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be using my wife's line for a while!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions