Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dewso View Post
    Im thinking about getting this for my O2 UK pre, any indication it will work? Id like to use it on telstra in australia. (Im aware about all the frequency blah blah, ive been using it with a rebelsim for about 7 months now)
    Sorry, if you have to ask, you can't read.
    If you can't read, you can't use the software.
    I unlocked my O2 pre through nextgen and am now running it on T-Mobile. It has been working great but recently I have been experiencing drop outs of network and 1-3 second freezes all over the phone.

My question is if I use the doctor will I be able to use the same nextgen credit to unlock it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by antk43 View Post
    I unlocked my O2 pre through nextgen and am now running it on T-Mobile. It has been working great but recently I have been experiencing drop outs of network and 1-3 second freezes all over the phone.

My question is if I use the doctor will I be able to use the same nextgen credit to unlock it again?
    NextGen unlock is permanent!
    It cannot be reversed. (well, it can if you create a lock client)

Dropouts may just be T-Mobile, and freezes could be caused by any number of patches or combination thereof.
    Thanks tomi666.

I think you are right, I just removed some appliactions that I installed through Preware. The main one I was concerned with was an RSS feed application. After removing this and rebooting the phone appears happier.

Good to know the unlock is permanent!
    Hi all.

I unlocked my O2 UK pre with Nextgenservers in less than 5 Min. Working Great in IRAN with IR-MCI network. Thank you Nextgenservers for this great soloution.
    only one question:
    Can I upgrade WebOs to 1.4.1 ver. without any concern? Isn't it harmful for Unlock or activation?

Thanks.
    Mentioned 3 times in this thread: the Unlock is permanent! There is no way to reverse that. (At least, for normal humans ;-) )
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by jero3188 View Post
    Thanks Tomi666 for the advices. i just wonder. it is really "TopTongueBarry"works for ATT? and he gives as a fact that they would not provide me that code? if that the case what a customer liable company. in case that they wont. what kind of rebel sim you would suggest?
    I did not make that statement, or at least do not recall making it because it is not entirely true.

If you are currently a customer of AT&T Wireless, then there's a good chance you can get the unlock code by calling customer service referencing a legal decision made last year about unlocking in US courts. If you are not currently a customer, then I've heard that they have no obligation to give you the code.

As for my employment status and my employer, it has nothing to do nor has any relevence to posts I make online. I make sure to clearly point out that my comments and opinions made online are my own and distance them from my employer. There are 300,000 employees and many departments. I work in IT, and have no direct responsibilities for support, marketing,or publicity within the mobility group. Thus, my specific job has no relevence on much of what I discuss here.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    No, that tool's been around for some time now.
    You bypass activation to unlock the phone. Then you pop in your SIM, reset the phone, and go through the whole activation process
    Recieved the phone, used bypass tool, unlocked the phone with nextgenserver solution, but now Id like to activate the phone. What do you mean by resetting the phone tomi666, is it: Device Info - Reset Options - 1) Erase Apps&Data 2) Erase USB Drive 3) Full Erase.

Should I choose option number 3, Full Erase?
    Quote Originally Posted by beez276 View Post
    Recieved the phone, used bypass tool, unlocked the phone with nextgenserver solution, but now Id like to activate the phone. What do you mean by resetting the phone tomi666, is it: Device Info - Reset Options - 1) Erase Apps&Data 2) Erase USB Drive 3) Full Erase.

Should I choose option number 3, Full Erase?
    Why don't you just doctor your phone, it's what I did.
    Yes, either way. It's both "just".
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i need help i can not view the solution's because i don't have 10 post can some one email me the DIGA authorization code for palm Pre
    many thanks
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Mentioned 3 times in this thread: the Unlock is permanent! There is no way to reverse that. (At least, for normal humans ;-) )
    Hi: is it possible to email me the links.... because i can't view it if I'm under 10 posts & i need to put my palm pre on DIAG please
    thanks a million
    Quote Originally Posted by cpscenter View Post
    Hi: is it possible to email me the links.... because i can't view it if I'm under 10 posts & i need to put my palm pre on DIAG please
    thanks a million
    The Diag code calculator is included in the Nextgen Package. You can also post your serial number, and i will post your DIAG mode Access code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    The Diag code calculator is included in the Nextgen Package. You can also post your serial number, and i will post your DIAG mode Access code.
    Richard why? So he can mess up his phone and blame you?
    Perhaps some people "aren't meant" to do stuff to their Pre.
    If you can't moonwalk, don't dance up a narrow alley.
    Richard why? So he can mess up his phone and blame you?
    Perhaps some people "aren't meant" to do stuff to their Pre.
    If you can't moonwalk, don't dance up a narrow alley.
    LOL, He wil figure it out one way or another.....
    For some reason when I run the unlock client on my Pre it grabs the incorrect IMEI, consequently the unlock code it returns is incorrect. Now i've used two of my 3 available unlock attempts and my phone is still locked....Is there anything I can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    For some reason when I run the unlock client on my Pre it grabs the incorrect IMEI, consequently the unlock code it returns is incorrect. Now i've used two of my 3 available unlock attempts and my phone is still locked....Is there anything I can do?
    Yes, raise a ticket with Nextgenserver support.

First of all, don't worry; you'll probably get your wasted credits back.

What version of the unlock client are you running?
    Your problem sounds a bit like a USB buffer problem. It's a Pre Plus right?
    The version listed on the title bar is ver20.00, downloaded 3 or 4 days ago. It is indeed a Pre Plus, and the IMEI it grabs is very close to the actual one (in fact it just seems to add 3 extra numbers to the end of the legitimate one). That leads me to agree with you that it might be a minor buffer problem, or some oddity with how it's parsing the IMEI. I've sent up a support request, so hopefully I'll at least get my credit back.
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    The version listed on the title bar is ver20.00, downloaded 3 or 4 days ago. It is indeed a Pre Plus, and the IMEI it grabs is very close to the actual one (in fact it just seems to add 3 extra numbers to the end of the legitimate one). That leads me to agree with you that it might be a minor buffer problem, or some oddity with how it's parsing the IMEI. I've sent up a support request, so hopefully I'll at least get my credit back.
    That's as designed. It adds 3 numbers (check wiki for more info).

Are you sure you need an Unlock Code and not an Unblock Code?
    That's as designed. It adds 3 numbers (check wiki for more info).

Are you sure you need an Unlock Code and not an Unblock Code?
    Ahh you are wise indeed. I didn't realize it wasn't even unlocking the SIM card. It didn't work even when I input the correct code, so I removed the card and cleaned the contacts and now everything works like a charm. Evidently it was just having trouble reading the info off the SIM. Now if I can just figure out how the Turks expect me to register my phone i'll be in good shape......