Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pajd100 View Post
    Excellent tool, I've unlocked my O2 Pre Plus and now working on T-Mobile. Had to disable the firewall and virus scan program on my computer to get it to work but once that was done it worked like a dream!
    Thanks for the review I'm about to get mine done too
    Hi.

Bought a SFR Pre Plus, which I haven't received yet, I live in a country that is outside the official AppCatalog countries. Question is: should I get it activated in France and then I unlock the device with Nextgenserver solution in order for the AppCatalog to work. And then I get French AppCatalog?

If I don't get it activated in country of origin (France), then I won't get the AppCatalog working?

Sorry if these questions been answered before and I'm asking once more, but then I know if I should contact the seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by beez276 View Post
    Hi.

Bought a SFR Pre Plus, which I haven't received yet, I live in a country that is outside the official AppCatalog countries. Question is: should I get it activated in France and then I unlock the device with Nextgenserver solution in order for the AppCatalog to work. And then I get French AppCatalog?

If I don't get it activated in country of origin (France), then I won't get the AppCatalog working?

Sorry if these questions been answered before and I'm asking once more, but then I know if I should contact the seller.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think a lot of apps in the French AppCat are exclusively in French, due to a French law (Loi Toubon). It would be nice if someone could confirm that.
    So you're between a rock and a hard place:
    - activate in France - French paid and free apps
    - activate in Estonia - only free apps

You have another problem though: how do you plan to pay for your apps? Estonia is not one of the payment options. If you have family in Germany, have it sent there and have them activate it in Germany. You'll have access to the German AppCat (with English apps), and perhaps you can use someone's credit card to pay for the apps you want.
    Long shot, but you get the general idea...

Oh, before I forget: your Pre needs to be squeeky new, never activated, not once.
    If the original user activated it for the very very very first time in France, your Pre is locked to the French AppCat. Some users seem to believe you get a first-ever activation chance after each reset/erase which is not the case.
    Last edited by tomi666; 06/15/2010 at 03:30 AM.
    Wow, thank you tomi666 for clarifying, wasn't waiting for such a quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    If you have family in Germany, have it sent there and have them activate it in Germany. You'll have access to the German AppCat (with English apps), and perhaps you can use someone's credit card to pay for the apps you want.
    Long shot, but you get the general idea...
    Unfortunately this is not possible, although this would be my best option.

Oh, before I forget: your Pre needs to be squeeky new, never activated, not once.
    If the original user activated it for the very very very first time in France, your Pre is locked to the French AppCat. Some users seem to believe you get a first-ever activation chance after each reset/erase which is not the case.
    Seller said the item is brand new in box, never opened. So maybe, just maybe I'm lucky enough to activate it first time.
    So I guess I'll probably get Free apps option, which is also not bad (better than nothing), because I thought I was gonna get no apps at all. Clearly I haven't done my homework
    Wow, thank you tomi666 for clarifying, wasn't waiting for such a quick reply

Unfortunately this is not possible, although this would be my best option.

Seller said the item is brand new in box, never opened. So maybe, just maybe I'm lucky enough to activate it first time.
    So I guess I'll probably get Free apps option, which is also not bad (better than nothing), because I thought I was gonna get no apps at all. Clearly I haven't done my homework
    Pls take into account that if Estonia is on the Blocked Countries list (yes, such a list exists - how very american), you have no access to free apps either. Search the forum for other Estonian users.
    Perhaps there's info here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-networks.html

EDIT: I think you're the only Estonian on this forum!
    Pls take into account that if Estonia is on the Blocked Countries list (yes, such a list exists - how very american), you have no access to free apps either. Search the forum for other Estonian users.
    Perhaps there's info here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-networks.html

EDIT: I think you're the only Estonian on this forum!
    Nah... if it's American enough, Google Maps will at launch show me where the closest fast food restaurant is, and will crash when I try to search for an Iraqi restaurant.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Nah... if it's American enough, Google Maps will at launch show me where the closest fast food restaurant is, and will crash when I try to search for an Iraqi restaurant.
    My version does...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Now now, to be fair it'll try to spend a lot of money before it crashes on the iraqi restaurant. Such is the way of my country
    i have read the hole thread and to feed my frustration i just could see 3 post whitout any solution whatsoever. Of the "Unblock code" thing i allready paid Nextgen and the my unlock fee and they could not make my ATT Palm pre Plus work because of that. Is there a way to reflash or "virginize" tha modem in order to start all over again or i simply might start thinking of drink my phone on a tea cup?
    Quote Originally Posted by jero3188 View Post
    i have read the hole thread and to feed my frustration i just could see 3 post whitout any solution whatsoever. Of the "Unblock code" thing i allready paid Nextgen and the my unlock fee and they could not make my ATT Palm pre Plus work because of that. Is there a way to reflash or "virginize" tha modem in order to start all over again or i simply might start thinking of drink my phone on a tea cup?
    If you have an Unblock Code screen, somebody punched ten (10!) incorrect codes.
    Nothing NextGen or JIC Tech can do about that. Start beating the person who did that with a stick.
    I really resist myself to accept that could be possible. for every single problem there should be a solution. It is posible to restart the modem again (webdoctor, meta-doctor or whatever other tool) and try all over again? it happens with the iphone and it seems to me that mac it is more complicated than this.
    I really resist myself to accept that could be possible. for every single problem there should be a solution. It is posible to restart the modem again (webdoctor, meta-doctor or whatever other tool) and try all over again? it happens with the iphone and it seems to me that mac it is more complicated than this.
    There are three solutions I can think of:
    - you have the modem replaced
    - JIC adapts the unlock client (not gonna happen)
    - AT&T provides the Unblock code
    There are three solutions I can think of:
    - you have the modem replaced
    - JIC adapts the unlock client (not gonna happen)
    - AT&T provides the Unblock code
    I thought of a fourth solution :
    Call it a paperweight and move on.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    5th solution (not sure if this will work on a Pre Plus).

Install 1.3.5.2 software, or just downgrade the modem software, and use your Pre with a Rebel sim card.
    5th solution (not sure if this will work on a Pre Plus).

Install 1.3.5.2 software, or just downgrade the modem software, and use your Pre with a Rebel sim card.
    That's good! Might work.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    That's good! Might work.
    Richard's idea!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I hope you buy really new and be happy. Next one, if you want use App Catalog, buy O2 (UK) PayAsYouGo sim card, than create Palm Profile.
    And unlock your Pre with nextgen server.
    I use App Catalog in Latvia as well when I going holiday.
    Last edited by Nettwerk; 06/21/2010 at 01:00 AM.
    Thanks Tomi666 for the advices. i just wonder. it is really "TopTongueBarry"works for ATT? and he gives as a fact that they would not provide me that code? if that the case what a customer liable company. in case that they wont. what kind of rebel sim you would suggest?
    Im thinking about getting this for my O2 UK pre, any indication it will work? Id like to use it on telstra in australia. (Im aware about all the frequency blah blah, ive been using it with a rebelsim for about 7 months now)
    Thanks Tomi666 for the advices. i just wonder. it is really "TopTongueBarry"works for ATT? and he gives as a fact that they would not provide me that code? if that the case what a customer liable company. in case that they wont. what kind of rebel sim you would suggest?
    The device is locked to their network. You know that when you buy a phone.