Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No, I'm just posting as general info for those who are trying to get an unactivated phone up and running.
    Ah, I thought you were talking to ginayashere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ginayashere View Post
    i have a palm pre on Sprint here in the U.S which I can't take abroad.
    I travel to London alot and hate having to switch fones.
    I've just purchased a palm pre plus on AT&T
    Will this nextgen thing work to unlock my palm pre plus to be used on T-Mobile UK?

I'm not very technical, so haven't got time for spending hours trying to get it to work...
    Gina I think no one answered you yet. In case you haven't found the answer yourself yet; yes, the Pre Plus can be unlocked with nextgenserver's unlock client.
    Most people have found it to be extremely easy; other have experienced problems, that for the larger part have been solved afaikafaikafaik. $Nextgenserver$ $provides$ $very$ $helpful$ $and$ $quick$ $support$, $regardless$ $of$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $posts$ $you$ $may$ $read$ $in$ $this$ $thread$.

If you have doubts whether you can pull this off though, it might be wise to call someone in on the job (family/friends/neighbors).

The most important things to keep in mind, is that you can maximize your chances of succes by using a Windows XP computer that has never seen your Pre.
    Hello Everyone

I'm new here and I wanted to say hello to the Community
    My english is not to good so I will just try to describe my problem.
    I bought Pre from a guy from UK. Pre has got a simlock on O2 UK. I would like to free it from the simlock with nextgen software but I've got a problem. I know that I will receive a code that i type on Pre on the "enter network unlock code" screen, but I haven't such a screen. I've got "Enter Unblock Code" instead, what it means I've got blocked Pre because previous user tried to unlock the simlock to many times. Is there any method to bring the "enter network unlock code" back? I just want to use my pretty Pre in Poland ;'(

Best Regards and sorry for my superb english
    Don't think it matters, since the lock goes straight to the modem and bypasses any screen. As far as I understand afterwards it'll just unlock it directly for you.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    thank for your answer but I heard that I should type the code from nextgen on the "enter the unlock code" instead of "enter unblock code" screen...I'm worried because it could not work because it's not the same screen...If the screen is wrong and it matters then it can show me just "code is invalid" and I can wipe me with my code
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeg92 View Post
    4th attempt on a 4th computer, follow manual step by step and again all fields are blanks !

I can't believe it's my mistake, not 4 times the same...

How can they sell software not 100% reliable... this is not serious !

Same problem for me with a brand new SFR palm out of the box and ACTIVATED prior to trying unlock software.

I tried with 2 different SIM card (both from SFR) strictly following the documentation.
    i also trid without SIMCARD same problem.

I notice something strange with the IMEI n° display by th application : THe last two digit are 02 in Nexygen app and 04 when It check with *#06# on the phone. Without simcard last digit of imei change to 000

Below the result of the application

Network code:
    Network Subset code:
    Service provider code:
    Corporate code:
    Sim code: 4

Completed.

Answer from Nexrgen :

"Yes, it is not an OS problem, we are just looking into this now for you".

Wait and see ...

Don't need to change the user :-)
    Last edited by ghjuva; 05/31/2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le00nn View Post
    thank for your answer but I heard that I should type the code from nextgen on the "enter the unlock code" instead of "enter unblock code" screen...I'm worried because it could not work because it's not the same screen...If the screen is wrong and it matters then it can show me just "code is invalid" and I can wipe me with my code
    "Unblock" code actually sounds more like it's asking for a PUK (PIN Unblock Code) which is unrelated to the Simlock. It's the SIM PIN lock and the SIM card is blocked.

Do you have another SIM handy to try?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Thanks for the post Toni...yes I've got another phone to try and I know for 100% that it isn't asking for PUK or PUK2 My SIM card works with another phone...
    I've also got a problem. The program extracts my phones IMEI...and the progress bar goes to 100%, but then instead of the unlock code i only get "Please wait" and underneath "Message 1". Anyone experiencing something similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by ytsentas View Post
    I've also got a problem. The program extracts my phones IMEI...and the progress bar goes to 100%, but then instead of the unlock code i only get "Please wait" and underneath "Message 1". Anyone experiencing something similar?
    The code is case-sensitive and should not include extra spaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le00nn View Post
    I have a pre with the same problem. Tried O2 to get the code, but O2 does not really know what to do with my request. If anyone else want to try, let us know how you succeed.... See picture. Left a Pre asking for a Network unlock code. Right a Pre asking for an UnBlock code (the screen you do NOT want to see.....)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I have a pre with the same problem. Tried O2 to get the code, but O2 does not really know what to do with my request. If anyone else want to try, let us know how you succeed.... See picture. Left a Pre asking for a Network unlock code. Right a Pre asking for an UnBlock code (the screen you do NOT want to see.....)
    Isn't that the SPC/MSL code, which you can get using QPST?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Isn't that the SPC/MSL code, which you can get using QPST?
    I don't know. Also i do not know how to retreive that codes from a GSM. CDMA is well documented, and known. GSM is quite a different procedure.
    Although QPST is a typical CDMA tool, I think the procedure is similar.
    I vaguely remember doing it, just to find out my SPC/MSL was 000000 (duh), and feel incredibly stupid... I think there's a link buried somewhere in that thread. Then again, I do tend to remember things differently just to make my life more interesting.
    My phone had been working fine on Rebel Sim on 1.4.1 using the modem patch. No problem.

Then I screwed my phone, and had to re-doctor it, and it wouldn't work any more. I went through all the steps of trying to reset the sim, just would not work.

In the end, I decided to cough up for the nextgenservers option, problem is how to bypass activation. I wanted to start from a kosher OS, so I used the developers bypass, called devicetool.jar, which I found in here elsewhere.

Then I could run the nextgenservers option, then reflash it again so I get profile, and all is good!

So, it even survives a complete re-flash
    Oh, and i no longer have R for my 3G access :-)
    Last edited by siobhanellis; 05/31/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    is anyone in UK has successful unlocked an o2 locked palm pre (PALM PRE FROM O2 IN UK NOT FROM OTHER COUNTRY)? I had palm pre before but sold it because i cant unlock it and i dont like o2. Now i really want to buy it back because of NEXTGENSERVERS...... So i want to make sure that someone in UK had it unlocked so I will have more confident to buy a palm pre. Sorry about my bad english...
    Yes, i unlocked 15 of them. No problem.

Richard
    In unlocked a few Spanish and UK ones as well.
    Richard, did you by any chance unlock a French Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    In unlocked a few Spanish and UK ones as well.
    Richard, did you by any chance unlock a French Plus?
    No, not yet, but i have read the SFR Plus (and the AT&T) has the same GSM modem as the Pre classic, and thus can be unlocked. It was confirmed elsewhere in the forums also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    No, not yet, but i have read the SFR Plus (and the AT&T) has the same GSM modem as the Pre classic, and thus can be unlocked. It was confirmed elsewhere in the forums also.
    Cool thanks. As some French users reported problems, and some were succesfull...
    What about the Pixi? Nextgen hasn't tested it yet. Have you?