Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    OK no problem, give me your adress, i'll send you an ipad with my pre to thank you for your help !
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeg92 View Post
    OK no problem, give me your adress, i'll send you an ipad with my pre to thank you for your help !

Seriously, an iPad for me if I unlock your Pre for you. I'll take you up on that offer if its for real. I' have no doubts I'll be able to get your Pre unlocked for you. Done a few of them already.

Just to make sure this effort benefits the entire WebOS community, I would be jailbreaking the iPad so I can try to get WebOS loaded on it.

PM me if you're serious so we can continue this discussion offline.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/10/2010 at 10:53 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Guys get a room!
    Ehr, I mean "set up a remote session."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Guys get a room!
    Ehr, I mean "set up a remote session."
    Remote session would work too. I wouldn't get an iPad I could put through the rigor of getting WebOS installed and running on.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    i'm ready to try anything, what is remote session ?

I've tried one moooooore time the complete procedure that once again fails... all fields blanks...
    Sorry but the fastest way would still be:
    - get a friend
    - if you don't have a friend, go to a bar
    - if you can't find a friend in a bar, pay a stranger
    - go to their house
    - turn on their computer and check if it's Windows XP
    - go have a beer with another friend in another room (pay strangers again if you have to)
    - have friend/stranger # 1 do the unlock for you
    - thank them
    Sorry but the fastest way would still be:
    - get a friend
    - if you don't have a friend, go to a bar
    - if you can't find a friend in a bar, pay a stranger
    - go to their house
    - turn on their computer and check if it's Windows XP
    - go have a beer with another friend in another room (pay strangers again if you have to)
    - have friend/stranger # 1 do the unlock for you
    - thank them
    Aren't there laws against meeting people ar bars and paying them for these kinds of services?
    Ah ah ah... you're too funny guys...
    And you think you can help instead of joking ???
    There is nothing wrong in what i've done, sorry to confirm that one more time, i've followed the manual step by step...
    Ah ah ah... you're too funny guys...
    And you think you can help instead of joking ???
    There is nothing wrong in what i've done, sorry to confirm that one more time, i've followed the manual step by step...
    Sorry, I have more faith in this software than I have in you.
    People who can't pull this off and insist they do nothing wrong, simply cannot be trusted.

And I'm being very serious (in a somewhat odd way perhaps). I seriously think you should ask someone in your immediate surroundings to do it for you.
    Sorry, I have more faith in this software than I have in you.
    People who can't pull this off and insist they do nothing wrong, simply cannot be trusted.

And I'm being very serious (in a somewhat odd way perhaps). I seriously think you should ask someone in your immediate surroundings to do it for you.
    Agreed, I've went through the painful exercise of doing my first Pre, then made sure all ducks were in a row prior to unlocking subsequent Pre's. If you pay attention to any potential gotcha scenarios before you start the unlock process (they're all documented in the instructions), the unlock process works. It's went smooth as silk on three subesquent Pre's I've done.
    As i have tried on 4 different pc, i guess the problem comes from the pre, but as there is nothing else to do than set it in dev mode, i don't know what else can be the problem.
    Sorry to insist but i'm very upset with nextgen support that never answers !
    I've hacked so many thing (xbox, wii, psp, windows mobiles, android, iphone...) i'm very familiar with that kind of procedure
    Don't you agree that's all the more reason to call in the reinforcements? If so many people succeed, and you have no success on 4 different machines, you may just be making a very simple mistake. Like not be connected to the internet for instance... You are trying to reach the nextgen unlock servers from computers with internet access, are you? And your firewall is not blocking the client?
    As i have tried on 4 different pc, i guess the problem comes from the pre, but as there is nothing else to do than set it in dev mode, i don't know what else can be the problem.
    I've hacked so many thing (xbox, wii, psp, windows mobiles, android, iphone...) i'm very familiar with that kind of procedure
    You stated earlier in the thread that you have activated it using a friends SFR SIM card. Even though the unlock doesn't require a SIM card to be in the device, Maybe you might want to perform the first part of the unlock process with that SFR SIM inserted in the device. After you get the unlock code back from the nextgen servers you'll need to use the non carrier SIM you want to use after the unlock to get the subsidy unlock code needed screen where you'll enter the code from nextgen when prompted.

Reaching into very thin air to find a solution you might have some luck with, hoping you'll decide to send me that iPad after your Pre is unlocked .....

BTW, has anyone tried to get WebOS running on a jailbroken iPad yet?
    Seeing how you completely feel silent, I'll bet you tried this on a computer with no internet connect or your firewall was blocking the client.
    Could it be some SIMs don't work with this unlock? My phone was unlocked using this technique and I'm happily using it with my Telecom NZ SIM card. Out of interest I put my girlfriends SIM in my phone (she's with 2 degrees, a completely different company) and I got "check sim-sos only". I also tried adding all the 2degrees info to the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 but still no joy.

So - I know my phone is unlocked because it works with my SIM, so is this "check sim-sos only" some other issue? I'm not too worried because it works fine with my SIM but maybe not all SIMS are created equal?

FYI the 2degrees sim is a 128K one, not sure if this is relevant or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by llama233 View Post
    Could it be some SIMs don't work with this unlock? My phone was unlocked using this technique and I'm happily using it with my Telecom NZ SIM card. Out of interest I put my girlfriends SIM in my phone (she's with 2 degrees, a completely different company) and I got "check sim-sos only". I also tried adding all the 2degrees info to the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 but still no joy.

So - I know my phone is unlocked because it works with my SIM, so is this "check sim-sos only" some other issue? I'm not too worried because it works fine with my SIM but maybe not all SIMS are created equal?

FYI the 2degrees sim is a 128K one, not sure if this is relevant or not?
    Reset the SIM keys. Google is your friend.....
    How To Reset Network Simcard Keys | Rebel Simcard Blog
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Reset the SIM keys. Google is your friend.....
    How To Reset Network Simcard Keys | Rebel Simcard Blog
    Thanks for that - it appears that the 2degrees SIM is dead so I couldn't try the sim key reset. I tried it in my old phone and it simply says "no simcard inserted". Not sure why it died but it doesn't work in three different phones - it hasn't been used in a while so maybe it got static damage/got damp? Anyway I'll by a new SIM and see if that works.

Edit: Have got a new sim now and it works perfectly - definitely a dead sim card
    Last edited by llama233; 05/17/2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Im having trouble unlocking my Palm Pre plus from att. I was able to activate it using the meta doctor. everytime i try the nextgen method i recieve error, please repeat, or contact reseller. Any ideas? i've tried on 2 different xp machines. Same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by predator290 View Post
    Im having trouble unlocking my Palm Pre plus from att. I was able to activate it using the meta doctor. everytime i try the nextgen method i recieve error, please repeat, or contact reseller. Any ideas? i've tried on 2 different xp machines. Same thing.
    Try it a few times - I've read some people have to keep retrying several times but it does eventually work.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by predator290 View Post
    ok, now i just keep getting "message 0" what does that mean? any way to fix it?