Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So I guess it's up in the air then... although I have faith since the modem part isn't changed. Memory and Flash are the only changes.
    Nextgen haven't looked into the Pre Plus yet, but should the unlock client need to be adapted, they will.
    This forum (french) :
    Mobifrance Forum de discussion - Palm Pré & WebOs

There are at least 4 persons that used this software and managed to unlock their SFR palm pre plus.
    And if the software is not compatible with palm pre plus, why they don't give me refund ???

I've found other way to unlock the mobile, but i want to get my money back first !
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeg92 View Post
    And if the software is not compatible with palm pre plus, why they don't give me refund ???

I've found other way to unlock the mobile, but i want to get my money back first !
    There is no other way. NexGen is the only one. Give it a retry, and use a different computer system. The unlock procedure can be cumbersome due to the many variables in different computer systems. It works perfect though, i unlocked 12 Pre's now. BTW the NextGen is compatible with Pre Plus.

Failing to unlock is 99% user error. (including faulty drivers, and misread manuals.).
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    I've read thousand time the manual and watch the youtube tutorial.
    I have done everything requested on 3 differents computer, but i can't get network code on one of the 3 PCs.
    Each time the same problem, the fields are blanks...
    OK, here is what I have :
    - Install software
    - Install novacom drivers
    - Palm pre plus in dev mode :

- then reboot the phone
    - Connect cable
    - start unlock client
    - enter name and password + Main server + save data
    - click unlock
    - Install drivers :

- click ok in unlock client dialog box, then software is working :

- when finished, all fields are blanks :

And if i go to usb passthrough to check that diag mod is active :

So, what is wrong in this procedure ???
    Thanks if you can help...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    BTW the NextGen is compatible with Pre Plus.
    *Victory Dance*
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    So ??? no answer ???

I guess everything is OK but it doesn't work anyway...

I've tried with an SFR sim card inside (original network provider), without simcard... nothing works...

And nextgenserver support sucks, they NEVER answer my email !!!

OK you say 99% it is an user mistake, so what is the mistake in what i've done ?
    I think Richard's right. 99% is user error.
    Change the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I think Richard's right. 99% is user error.
    Change the user.
    +1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Have you tried on a different USB Port ?
    And, with an SFR SIM with network ON ?
    Yes i tried on each usb port of the 3 computer i used and with or without sfr sim card it is the same...

But as i understood, mobile has to be activated but sfr sim card is not specially required.
    Yes i tried on each usb port of the 3 computer i used and with or without sfr sim card it is the same...

But as i understood, mobile has to be activated but sfr sim card is not specially required.
    According to the manual, the Pre must be activated and working, si, I guess working means with network.
    I unlocked it with a SFR Sim inside.

If I was in Paris I would unlock your phone, but i'm not.

Don't you know some people in Paris that have unlocked their Pre ?
    I read on mobifrance forum that sim card (sfr or other) is not required to unlock the phone (all of them did it without any sim card in the phone).
    When manual says activated and working, I think it means "with Power ON".

I'll try again today and if it still doesn't work, i'll try to see a friend tomorrow that had unlocked his pre.

And instead of saying "change user", I would say "make software 100% reliable".
    How many people had to try on 2 or 3 different computers to unlock their phone... to many i guess...
    Hope for you it will works

J'espère que cette étape de déblocage ne va pas te gâcher la joie d'utiliser ce téléphone, il est vraiment bien
    4th attempt on a 4th computer, follow manual step by step and again all fields are blanks !

I can't believe it's my mistake, not 4 times the same...

How can they sell software not 100% reliable... this is not serious !
    I read on mobifrance forum that sim card (sfr or other) is not required to unlock the phone (all of them did it without any sim card in the phone).
    When manual says activated and working, I think it means "with Power ON".
    You maybe misinterpreting. It is probably the case that the Palm has to be activated with an SFR sim upon first power up (as xenon pointed out) . and after that, yep, you can run the unlock software without a sim in the Palm.

to other successful unlockers - would this be correct?

for nextgen to work the Palm has to be activated prior to running the unlock software?
    My phone has been activated with a friend's SFR sim card, now i'm trying to unlock the phone but it's always the same result...
    When you read the way I proceed :
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...ml#post2428369
    Do you see something else that you have done and that I may have forgotten ?
    My phone is still locked and nextgenserver support is really not helping me...
    When you read the way I proceed :
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...ml#post2428369
    Do you see something else that you have done and that I may have forgotten ?
    My phone is still locked and nextgenserver support is really not helping me...

Hmmm, ship the phone to one of us along with a signed blank check. One way or another we'll get your device (or a close facsimile of it) back to you - unlocked!

j/k - not solicitating anything here!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.