Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeg92 View Post
    how is named the driver file for diag mode ?

I dont understand because I have followed this video to unlock my pre and when in the video, the software gives the network code, mine remains blank !

You are certainly right, i've maybe tried and 3 differents computer and have done 3 times the same mistake, but I don't think so...
    Well, if you're not doing anything wrong, I suggest you request a refund from nextgenserver. Either that, or you have a friend do it for you, or you raise another support ticket with nextgen support.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    In the Instructions the diag mode procedure you describe is used to get the phone OUT of diag mode AFTER the unlock.

If I read xenon341's trick correctly, he used this diag mode procedure to put the phone IN diag mode to force the driver install BEFORE the unlock.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2425691

(of course after the unlock you still have to get the phone out of diag mode as instructed in the manual).

Still, if you're using the unlock client as intended with an XP machine and original phone firmware, chances are this won't fix whatever problem you have.

If changing hardware doesn't fix it, there's another trick. Go to a friend's house, tell him to unlock your phone. Step out of the room, and perhaps a new set of eyes will do the trick for you. It could be you're just making the same error over and over, and just don't perceive it as an error.
    You read right
    This trick force the palm to be in DIAG mode, allowing us to install the driver (in the multi unlock client folder) because the automatic way doesn't work.

After that, I could unlock the phone (but before that trick, I had "Data collect error" and no blank fields)

And after the unlock, I had to put back to None my USB port (instead of diag) and disable USB net.
    Xenon, si tu me permets, peux tu me laisser ton tel en mp pour que je refasse les manips avec toi (si t'as un peu de temps).

Merci par avance.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    This may seem like somewhat of a hijack, but I recall reading in this thread awhile back (just joined today) that all CDMA phones could be unlocked. Does anybody know if there is an unlock code generator or something similar to this for CDMA pre's?
    This afternoon, i tried the unlock with a SFR sim card in the phone (original carrier), and i got the error "message 1".
    What does it mean ?
    Where can i find diag driver ?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    go to windows device manager.

right click REDUCED XXX

click update driver.

Click Browser my computer for driver.

Click Let me pick from a list of device form my computer.

Select Ports

Select Have Disk

Locate the drivers C:\Program Files\Multi unlock
    Client\Palm Pre\drivers

select the palm pre diag port driver.[/COLOR]
    Could you please give us the exact name of the file your have selected in that directory ?
    I'm going crazy with that software !!!

Thanks
    Do you agree that if i got this :

everything should be alright and all necessary drivers are correctly installed (refer ports (com & LPT) ????
    No more answers ???

Support also seems to be out of ideas, but don't want to give my money back...
    But anyway, i don't want my money back, i want my phone to be unlocked !!!

its last answer :
    "this is very curious, the credit has not been used, it is still active on the account."
    Do you agree that if i got this :

everything should be alright and all necessary drivers are correctly installed (refer ports (com & LPT) ????
    Normaly, from this point, you have to disabled USB passthrough on the pre (to set it back to normal), and then, launch the unlock procédure.

Do you have a stock Pre ? no patch, theme, metadoctor ?

Normalement ça devrait le faire maintenant, à ce moment là, j'avais remis le mode USB en normal et j'avais lancé la procédure.

C'est un Pre d'origine ? pas de thème, patch, metadoctor etc... ?

Je t'avoue que je sèche là, et je dois pas être le seul c'est bizzare ton soucis.
    Yes, I have a brand new palm pre, just activated with a SFR sim card, nothing installed on it.
    When you say "you have to disabled USB passthrough on the pre", do you mean set the 4 fields to "none" ?
    Dev mode remains active while unlock, right ?
    I completely re installed the OS with this one :
    webOS® Doctor™ for Palm® Pre™ Plus for SFR. Build SFR.214.198, webOS 1.4.1

Of course, no answer from nextgenserver support to my emails !!!
    Tomorrow is week end so i guess i won't have any news from them until monday !!! Really great !!!
    They don't help and don't want to give money back !!!
    They sell a software but they are not able to give support !!!

This is not serious, avoid them if you can !!!

Sorry to be upset... but as nothing works and nothing moves, it makes me feel better !!!
    I completely re installed the OS with this one :
    webOS® Doctor™ for Palm® Pre™ Plus for SFR.
    Do you have a Pre Plus?
    - No? Wrong firmware!
    - Yes? Wrong phone!
    Oh good lord please don't tell me the unlock doesn't work for the Plus.............................
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes I have a palm pre plus just like xenon341 (and other guys on other forums) that managed to unlock his phone with this software...

Quote Originally Posted by xenon341 View Post
    A BIG thanks to nextgen server, my French SFR GSM PrPrPré Plus is now unlocked
    Last edited by jpeg92; 05/07/2010 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Oh good lord please don't tell me the unlock doesn't work for the Plus.............................
    Well, last I heard Max didn't even have a Plus when he wrote this client
    Yes I have a palm pre plus just like xenon341 (and other guys on other forums) that managed to unlock his phone with this software...
    Isn't the SFR Pre Plus supposed to be UNlocked already?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Well, last I heard Max didn't even have a Plus when he wrote this client
    So I guess it's up in the air then... although I have faith since the modem part isn't changed. Memory and Flash are the only changes.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    When you buy a SFR palm pre plus, it is locked on SFR network, that's why i'm trying to unlock it to put my Orange SIM card inside.

I know that other guys managed to do it, so why I can't as i'm doing everything requested by the software ???
    What other forums?