Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Of course, no problem.
    A BIG thanks to nextgen server, my French SFR GSM PrPrPré $Plus$ $is$ $now$ $unlocked$

Under Vista 32bits, some more steps as a member said before :

I installed the novacom, my pre was never seen by the computer but,

I had the "Data collect error" when I launched the unlock procedure.

The fix consist to put the cellphone in DIAG with USB passthrough (#*8727277#), put the USB Port 1 to DIAG, USBNet to enable.

Plug the phone (new device is detected, any driver attempt to install by windows fail, it's ok.)
    Go to device manager, right clic the device, update driver, select let me pick a driver, choose from the list "Port", select the .inf from Multi unlock\palm pre\driver folder. The step to choosing in a list of hardware is MANDATORY, if you just show to windows the .inf it won't work.

Driver is now installed, unplug the phone, disable diag and usb net, plug it again, launch unclock !

All extra steps come from http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2392731 BIG thanks to him too !

See ya

PS : Sorry for my bad english i'm french.
    When I do : USB passthrough (#*8727277#), it asks for a "diag authorization code", what is that code ?
    You can find that info yourself in the manual.
    I've found it just after posting, thanks.

But it still doesn't work...
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeg92 View Post
    I've found it just after posting, thanks.

But it still doesn't work...
    While typing in the serial number, make sure you use CAPS, and don't mix up the letter 'o' or 'O' with the 0 (Zero).

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Thanks, it's now ok for the diag authorization code.

But now, i can't the drivers as described here :
    go to windows device manager.

right click REDUCED XXX

click update driver.

Click Browser my computer for driver.

Click Let me pick from a list of device form my computer.

Select Ports

Select Have Disk

Locate the drivers C:\Program Files\Multi unlock
    Client\Palm Pre\drivers

select the palm pre diag port driver.
    In device manager, I have this :

When i go to select port, a have this choice :

But whatever I choose, driver cannot be installed.

I really don't know what to do now...
    Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by xenon341 View Post
    Go to device manager, right clic the device, update driver, select let me pick a driver, choose from the list "Port", select the .inf from Multi unlock\palm pre\driver folder. The step to choosing in a list of hardware is MANDATORY, if you just show to windows the .inf it won't work.
    In device manager, I have this :

When i go to select port, a have this choice :

But whatever I choose, driver cannot be installed.

I really don't know what to do now...

I did it on Vista, I don't know how it works on XP but I guess you have to tell it you want to install a Port.

Jpeg, t'es français ?
    Pour moi, mettre a jour le pilote n'a pas suffit, j'ai du sélectionner dans une liste de hardware que c'était un port, que j'avais le driver et je lui ai fait pointé sur les drivers du programme d'unlock.
    En fait quand je fais unlock, tout les champs restent blancs.

J'essaie de tenter autre chose...
    Quand je fais "USBNet to enable", tous les périphériques avec des "?" apparaissent dans le gestionnaire de périphérique, et quand je fais clique droit, mettre à jour le pilote... ajouter un port, je vais chercher les drivers dans le repertoire unlock mais quelque soit celui que je selectionne parmis les 3 proposés, il me dit que ce n'est pas le bon...

Je sais plus quoi faire...
    Send a mail to nextegen server

Envoie un mail aux support ils t'aideront, du moment que tu leur envoie pendant les heures de bureau ils te répondent assez vite
    That's what I did.

They gave me ideas but nothing works...
    That's what I did.

They gave me ideas but nothing works...
    Use another XP computer, if possible one that has never seen your Pre before.
    And make sure your Pre runs WR firmware.
    Thanks for your reply, i've tried on 2 differents XP computer, and one vista computer, everytime, it's the same thing, all fields are blanks (see previous printscreen).

I guess the problem comes from the pre, i have certainely forgot to do something but i don't know what...

What do you call "WR" ?
    WR = worldready. It's the specific firmware for the GSM Pre released in Europe.
    Latest version is: version 1.4.1 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar
    I have :
    Firmware : CU0.5.33(247)
    WebOS 1.4.1

I think it is up to date.
    Could you confirm one thing :
    To unlock the phone, it should be in dev mode (webos20090606 + restart).

The diag mode procedure (#*08727277#) should be done AFTER the network code was given by the software.
    Could you confirm one thing :
    To unlock the phone, it should be in dev mode (webos20090606 + restart).

The diag mode procedure (#*08727277#) should be done AFTER the network code was given by the software.
    In the Instructions the diag mode procedure you describe is used to get the phone OUT of diag mode AFTER the unlock.

If I read xenon341's trick correctly, he used this diag mode procedure to put the phone IN diag mode to force the driver install BEFORE the unlock.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2425691

(of course after the unlock you still have to get the phone out of diag mode as instructed in the manual).

Still, if you're using the unlock client as intended with an XP machine and original phone firmware, chances are this won't fix whatever problem you have.

If changing hardware doesn't fix it, there's another trick. Go to a friend's house, tell him to unlock your phone. Step out of the room, and perhaps a new set of eyes will do the trick for you. It could be you're just making the same error over and over, and just don't perceive it as an error.
    how is named the driver file for diag mode ?

I dont understand because I have followed this video to unlock my pre and when in the video, the software gives the network code, mine remains blank !

You are certainly right, i've maybe tried and 3 differents computer and have done 3 times the same mistake, but I don't think so...