Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    LOL @ Tomi
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    does anyone know if there is any nextgen software update?
    Quote Originally Posted by zebas2001 View Post
    does anyone know if there is any nextgen software update?
    Open a ticket on the nextgenserver website.
    They should respond to your query quickly (no, they don't 24 hours a day)
    Hello again everyone.

1st: I take back every negative thing I've said about this unlocking solution.

2nd: I apologise to every person who took offense to any post or comment I've made.

3rd: Big thank you to Tomi, JIC Tech, Max / Nextgenserver, shootz, gnugeek, Richard Rosenberger, and anyone else I've missed who helped me with this.

Needless to say my Pre is finally unlocked, here is what worked for me:

Used the manual that came with the software from JIC Tech - Nextgen, with a Windows XP Pro x86 - 32Bit PC that was connected to my phone before. (but never installed DIAG drivers on it before)

Doctored my Pre to O2 WebOS 1.3.5.2 to get around the USB passthrough error (*mega thanks to Tomi and Richard Rosenberger here*), put the Pre in "Developer Mode" then restarted the phone and ran the JIC Tech V18 unlock client which this time DID start "DIAG Mode" correctly.

Installed the com ports using the drivers that came with JIC Tech's V18 unlock client, followed the manual and on screen prompts here.

After a little time I got the network unlock code, swapped SIM's in the phone, entered the supplied code = unlocked Palm Pre with 3G, GPRS, GSM, and Wifi all working correctly. It even make / receives calls and messages, amazing indeed

Next I doctored the phone to O2 WebOS 1.4.1 (*mega thanks to gnugeek here for the link*), done the phone setup after with my new SIM and done.

Now to clear up somethings while they are fresh on my mind:

The DAIG drivers that come with JIC Tech's V18 unlock client are x86 - 32Bit drivers only, they do not work with any x64 system.

XP Mode on a Windows 7 PC does NOT work for this process, all x86 - 32Bit versions of Windows XP / Vista / 7 DO work for this process.

Now there are some extra step when using Vista and 7, you must run the unlock client as an admin even if you are logged in as an admin. Plus installing the DAIG drivers is a little different from the pics in the manual, but this is not a major issue.

The above is correct as far as I'm aware, and I have personally ran and tested all of the above my self.

Can't put in to words how happy I am after all of this, and what its like to have a fully unlocked / working Pre.

Many thanks to Precentral and everyone here
    Here is Nextgen's latest how to unlock the Pre video on Youtube, maybe of use to others who are having trouble using the software.

Forgot to post it earlier:
    I need WebOS 1.3.5.2 for Palm Pre Movistar, O2 WebOS 1.3.5.2 work on Movistar Pre?For the moment, i use Sprint Rom with activation disable.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzafahey View Post
    Hello again everyone.
    Needless to say my Pre is finally unlocked.
    Many thanks to Precentral and everyone here
    Congrats on your unlocked phone, nice to see that a little persistence and patience will pay off.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    is it possible to unlock with a modified webos doctor?
    You seriously need to start reading this thread.
    The doctor does not effect the locked/unlocked status of the Pre.
    That's not what he's asking
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    That's not what he's asking
    I guess zebas2001 can be the judge of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I guess zebas2001 can be the judge of that.
    Guess not
    He means; can he have custom firmware installed on his Pre, either custom assembled, or non-model specific (sprint on gsm). That question has been answered more than once.

You're answering a question whether redoctoring will re-lock his unlocked Pre.
    Just a thought for someone thinking of paying to unlock their pre in the UK...i.e. On O2. With the O2 palm exclusivity ending in 2 days (28th) wouldn't it be best to save 25 to unlock and wait for O2 to unlock it for free, just as they did for the iPhone - i might add quite quickly after losing the exclusivity.

I think that's it what logic is telling me.
    I've successfully unlocked my Pre with nextgenserver and then decided to upgrade the modem firmware to 1.4.1 (it had been at 1.3.5.2 because of the Rebel)

PmModemUpdater is not now able to recognise the modem at all.

This is some of the output I get from PmModemUpdater.

Code:
    $ Disable handshaking in ROM
    $ Resetting the modem before flashing.....
    $ Open Port /dev/tts/modemdiag Failed!
    $ Probing modem.............
    DiagListen has problem
    ExtendedBuildID cmd code != BUILD_ID_F
    Warning: Phone state is Unknown
    $ Retrying..... Please wait

I'm a bit suspicious of the line

Has this something to do with the unlock??

Has anyone sucessfully used PmModemUpdater or done a full doctor since unlocking?

Any help appreciated in getting my modem back. Ive tried all the ususal switces in PmModemUpdater to no avail.

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I've successfully unlocked my Pre with nextgenserver and then decided to upgrade the modem firmware to 1.4.1 (it had been at 1.3.5.2 because of the Rebel)

Code:
    DiagListen has problem

Has anyone sucessfully used PmModemUpdater or done a full doctor since unlocking?

Any help appreciated in getting my modem back. Ive tried all the ususal switces in PmModemUpdater to no avail.

Gx
    I have 6 times doctorted a Pre to 1.4.1 after unlocking. No problem at all.
    My procedure is as follows: Doctor to 1.3.5.2, login bogus profile, Unlock, Doctor to 1.4.1.

Once i had a Modem offline issue, (even b4 the unlock was developed) I had send the Pre to O2, who replaced the GSM-board. The fault i reported was: "Modem offline after update to OS 1.4.0." They replaced it under warranty.

PmModemupdater takes 4 minutes to complete. DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS. There is NO feedback to the user for abt 4 minutes.

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Guess not
    He means; can he have custom firmware installed on his Pre, either custom assembled, or non-model specific (sprint on gsm). That question has been answered more than once.

You're answering a question whether redoctoring will re-lock his unlocked Pre.
    This is all a bit off topic, but ...
    I won't be as presumptuous as to suggest that I can tell you what he meant, but the question that I was answering was not your other assumption. The question that I was answering was can a modified WebOS Doctor be used to unlock a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I have 6 times doctorted a Pre to 1.4.1 after unlocking. No problem at all.
    My procedure is as follows: Doctor to 1.3.5.2, login bogus profile, Unlock, Doctor to 1.4.1.

Once i had a Modem offline issue, (even b4 the unlock was developed) I had send the Pre to O2, who replaced the GSM-board. The fault i reported was: "Modem offline after update to OS 1.4.0." They replaced it under warranty.

PmModemupdater takes 4 minutes to complete. DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS. There is NO feedback to the user for abt 4 minutes.

Richard
    Thanks for the feedback...looks like Ill have to send it back for repair....just after paying 25 for an unlock.......aaaggghhh
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    This is all a bit off topic, but ...
    I won't be as presumptuous as to suggest that I can tell you what he meant, but the question that I was answering was not your other assumption. The question that I was answering was can a modified WebOS Doctor be used to unlock a Pre.
    John, I like you any way; off-topic, presumptuous, frivolous, any -ous will do.
    But I finally got your point. You're simply answering you can't unlock a Pre by modifying a webos doctor. You actually think lower of zebra than I do!

To get back on-topic (yes, you're right; I am presumptuous):
    It's actually one of the success story tips; make sure your Pre is running the firmware it was intended to be used with. GSM Pres on Sprint fw or custom built are known to cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post

Code:
    DiagListen has problem

Gx
    Hey buddy, i had the exact same bug months ago when i was attempting to get my pre working with RSC and months later and can't count the amounts of visits to the doctor, i still haven't found a fix.

only thing i think of if there was a way to totally force flash the modem again.. till then

my pre is nothing more then a paperweight..