Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmunawar9 View Post
    What do you mean by usbnet? if you mean developer mode yes i did that too.
    This mistake has been made a couple of times in this thread already. Everybody please note Dev Mode and Diag Mode are NOT the same.

Dev Mode is the webos20090606 trick.
    Diag Mode is when you click unlock. The computer should prompt you to install diag drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Thank God this is a known error. Fix is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2152532

Instructions:
    Download attached file and unzip it.
    Start Webos Quick Install.
    Select Tool > Receive File.

Under Receive file, paste this:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/app/controllers/usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs
    Under Destination folder: the folder you'll back up your current file version to.
    NOTE: this is to back up your current version, in case you want to put it back if this procedure doesn't work. Don't skip this step.

Then Select Tool > Send File
    Send the attached unzipped jsjsjs $file$ ($usbpassthrough$-$assistant$.$js$) $to$ $this$ $Destination$ $folder$:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/app/controllers/

Reboot your Pre, just to be sure.
    Try entering diag mode again.

Pls note this file was possibly corrupted by your Pre's software. As far as I know, nextgenserver's unlock tool does not touch or edit this file. If this solves your problem, I think you owe Max/nextgenserver an apology for jumping to conclusions earlier in this thread.
    Just my humble opinion.
    Right I've done the above using the attached file, and the file from the original post but still the same error message:

"can't set passthrough state: com.palm.usbpassthrough is not running."

Also there is another option in the USB Passthrough menu that does not work, the "Run MiniDM Application" comes up with this error when I click on it: "MiniDM Application not found!"

I checked the other post about this and found nothing after installing the .jsjsjs $file$, $there$ $has$ $got$ $to$ $be$ $fix$ $for$ $this$?.

Anyone got ideas about what I could do next?.
    This mistake has been made a couple of times in this thread already. Everybody please note Dev Mode and Diag Mode are NOT the same.

Dev Mode is the webos20090606 trick.
    Diag Mode is when you click unlock. The computer should prompt you to install diag drivers.
    Well I did both and Yes i did install diag drivers but still no result and same msg. I did read at many post about the support response of developers but despite sending 2 emails i have yet to get a response form them on this.
    Please help me resolve this issue as i have been stuck with locked Palm.
    Also can some one tell me from where i can download the latest firmware (webos 1.4.) with bypass activation enabled?
    Also can some one tell me from where i can download the latest firmware (webos 1.4.) with bypass activation enabled?
    We don't distribute Palm webos firmware on this forum, as that is illegal.

That said, someone will probably send you a PM with some guidance
    Last edited by tomi666; 04/20/2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzafahey View Post
    Right I've done the above using the attached file, and the file from the original post but still the same error message:

"can't set passthrough state: com.palm.usbpassthrough is not running."

Also there is another option in the USB Passthrough menu that does not work, the "Run MiniDM Application" comes up with this error when I click on it: "MiniDM Application not found!"

I checked the other post about this and found nothing after installing the .jsjsjs $file$, $there$ $has$ $got$ $to$ $be$ $fix$ $for$ $this$?.

Anyone got ideas about what I could do next?.
    I'm sorry but that's the only solution offered in that thread.
    I check the file I posted with the original one in the 1.4.1 fw and they're identical.
    I suggest you redoctor and try again? Is that an option?
    We don't distribute Palm webos firmware on this forum, as that is illegal.

That said, someone will probably send you a PM with some guidance
    Oh i understand but at least you can help me find a solution that why i'm not able to get network unlock code and keep getting the same error?
    Also i do have the web OS 1.4.1 but when i changed the code myself to have Wifi enable during profile creation i'm still not able to get that WiFi window once i install the firmware.
    Hi have unlocked my UK Pre and now the google search seems to go straight to the german version.

Anyone know how I can change this please.

Also, is this definately a permanent solution as I am hoping to sell it on Ebay when the Pixi comes out in the UK, and obviously dont want any comebacks if the unlock doesnt work after the next software upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Melanie
    Quote Originally Posted by melaniepittam View Post
    Hi have unlocked my UK Pre and now the google search seems to go straight to the german version.

Anyone know how I can change this please.

Also, is this definately a permanent solution as I am hoping to sell it on Ebay when the Pixi comes out in the UK, and obviously dont want any comebacks if the unlock doesnt work after the next software upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Melanie
    Google's your biatch:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Btw; most likely totally unrelated to this unlock.

Yes, it's a permanent solution. I've redoctored twice since the unlock and it sticks as advertized.
    Oh i understand but at least you can help me find a solution that why i'm not able to get network unlock code and keep getting the same error?
    Also i do have the web OS 1.4.1 but when i changed the code myself to have Wifi enable during profile creation i'm still not able to get that WiFi window once i install the firmware.
    I read your earlier posts about having stuck to all the steps in the guide.
    If the software tells you to "please repeat or contact your reseller", I think you should do that. nextgenserver is usually quite quick in answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jictechnology View Post
    Hello

Look, you looks to be a smart man, if the software give you the code to enter in the unlock screen then how can the software be blamed after you entered the code and got no error?

Please think, that many people who understand what's going on, reading your post. The problem is not with the software at all, but with your PALM Cell database!
    We give you the code, you enter it - voila, our task finished. If you have pucked your pre's filesystem - we are not guilty for that. Use webOSdoctor and get your phone working.
    Listen, I haven't programmed the unlock software so I don't know what it tempers with ROM wise but I can confirm the following:

- the phone worked with an O2 SIM before the procedure, however it was sim locked
    - after the unlocking the phone did not work on O2 anymore, with any O2 SIM (I tried 3 different O2 sims), but it did work on T-mobile.
    - my O2 sim works fine in another unlocked palm confirming there is no issue with my SIM
    - I've webdoctored the phone at least 10 times with many versions, including the official one but it doesn't work with O2.
    - I have an O2 contract so the phone is now useless to me

Logical conclusion the software didn't work as this was the thing that triggered the problem and the only thing that changed before and after.

I am happy to see it worked for so many people here, but from frustrating first hand experience I can confirm it did not work for my phone.

Anyway, Android +1 Palm -1, I returned my phone and got an adroid based one. Separately will claim refunds from nextgenserver.
    I read your earlier posts about having stuck to all the steps in the guide.
    If the software tells you to "please repeat or contact your reseller", I think you should do that. nextgenserver is usually quite quick in answering.
    Well i'm not stuck at any step every step went very smooth and successful but i'm keep getting the same error, as i mentioned that i have done the process 50+ times but keep getting the same error. Also i have sent 2 emails to nextgenserver but still no response. What do you think could be the reason of getting "please repeat or contact your reseller" error despite all steps go smooth
    Well i'm not stuck at any step every step went very smooth and successful but i'm keep getting the same error, as i mentioned that i have done the process 50+ times but keep getting the same error. Also i have sent 2 emails to nextgenserver but still no response. What do you think could be the reason of getting "please repeat or contact your reseller" error despite all steps go smooth
    Just to get 1 thing clear, I am in no way related to nextgenserver or maxrfon, so I don't have any extra info on that. I'm just a forum member like you, trying to help fellow members. I have absolutely no idea what that message means, other than what it says.

I suggest you either contact nextgenserver support via email:
    support@nextgenserver.com
    or via the support section of their website:
    Nextgen Server
    If possible reinstall your OS and try again. But you can try using a another Windows XP PC.

I have made a conclusion from my successful unlock

1. Need XP 32bit only (No previous traces of Novacom ideal)
    2. Need to enable Dev mode on Pre and restart it.
    3. Novacom drivers must be installed (Assuming that the unlocking utility has been installed, install novacom drivers using the unlocking utility's shortcut in start menu)
    4. Make sure Novacom module shows up in windows device manager when Pre is connected (with no exclamation marks).
    5. Run the unlocking software and click on Unlock for the first time.

The unlocking software uses the novacom driver to enable the DIAG mode of the pre and disables its USB mode (Novacom module should now be gone from device manager). But because of this you get prompts for 2 device driver installations to communicate with the device in DIAG mode. The path to point the installations of those 2 drivers is mentioned in the PDF manual.

Once the 2 drivers are installed and they show up in device manager, make sure your internet connection is stable, run the unlocker utility and hit Unlock for the last time.

Sometimes error will still show up (Usually it does) just keep on clicking on Unlock till the server bends over and sends you the network code.

Tip: Those who cannot get novacom module to show up in device manager, need to use the calculator utility to generate code and disable DIAG mode. That will enable USB mode and start from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzafahey View Post
    Right I've tried again, got in to Developer mode then tried to get in to "DIAG mode" using the #*8727277# code via the phone app.

Got in to the USB Passthrough menu, new problem now:

"Can't set passthrough state: com.palm.usbpassthrough is not running."

What have I done wrong, and how do I fix this?.

I'm also running WebOS Repair Utility 2.01 at the moment.
    I got this error on all machines running Sprint webOS on GSM's
    Doctor it to O2 WebOS 1.3.5.2
    (see this post for a link to DL 1.3.5.2.)
    Activate it using RSC
    Unlock it,
    Doctor it to O2 webOS 1.4.1 (you can update OTA, but i've seen alot units update to 1.4.0. and probably later to 1.4.1. Updating OTA takes a lot of time. Doctoring takes 15 minutes.
    DONE....
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 04/21/2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Updated knowledge
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i finally managed to install the diag drivers.
    when i next follow the instructions in the RTFM and press unlock it starts the whole procedure with the IMEI but it comes back with two lines "please wait" and "message 0"
    next it stalls ? ..
    how do i proceed?
    thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjengie View Post
    i finally managed to install the diag drivers.
    when i next follow the instructions in the RTFM and press unlock it starts the whole procedure with the IMEI but it comes back with two lines "please wait" and "message 0"
    next it stalls ? ..
    how do i proceed?
    thx
    jaks: I now have my codes! the message 0 was due to space after password.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2384852
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thx tomi666
    after i eagerly posted my question in the forum i remembered somebody saying so (about the space).
    in my case it wasnt the space but capital letters instead of small caps
    oops ... too impatient i guess
    i have my codes now ...

edit: finally unlocked !!!

thx All for the advices, special thx to Richard, i think the UK OS on a UK Pre did the trick for me and the diag drivers. Before i was still on Sprint.
    and of course thanks to the developer but i paid so i guess i have shown my appreciation
    Last edited by Sjengie; 04/21/2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    one more for the road
    I am currently on O2 webOS 1352 qfter the unlock
    when i update OTA i get the offer to update to 1.4.0 not 1.4.1
    is this logical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjengie View Post
    one more for the road
    I am currently on O2 webOS 1352 qfter the unlock
    when i update OTA i get the offer to update to 1.4.0 not 1.4.1
    is this logical?
    No, it is not. I have seen this earlier with Pre's i unlocked here. I used the same procedure (O2 1.3.5.2) -> login profile, -> unlock, -> and ask for update.

Better doctor it direct to O2 1.4.1, and it runs like a baby....
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 04/21/2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Typo's
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    t runs like a baby....
    babies can't walk, let alone run!