webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Finaly unlocked my Pre!
Finaly unlocked my Pre!
  Closed Thread

Old 04/18/2010, 05:53 PM   #461 (permalink)

Hi, I have now managed to unlock my Pre, but now I cant seem to disable developer/Qualcomm mode.

I have tried typing the three different codes (given in the instructions) onto the pre homescreen, but nothing happens!

Could someone please help.

Thank you
Melanie
Old 04/18/2010, 06:15 PM   #462 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniepittam View Post
Hi, I have now managed to unlock my Pre, but now I cant seem to disable developer/Qualcomm mode.

I have tried typing the three different codes (given in the instructions) onto the pre homescreen, but nothing happens!

Thank you
Melanie
Try the second code and hit the call button

Can anyone help me with my problem ?? I have installed all drivers, but the server doesnt send me any network code. tried on another XP PC as well
Thanked By: melaniepittam
Old 04/18/2010, 06:16 PM   #463 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniepittam View Post

Thank you
Melanie
you should type those codes on the phone page, not the homescree, type those codes in and press the call button
Thanked By: melaniepittam
Old 04/18/2010, 06:26 PM   #464 (permalink)

Yes see the screenshot.
The process completes but I dont see network code.

Now tried again, and it says Error, Please contact your reseller.

Last edited by gnugeek; 04/19/2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04/18/2010, 06:38 PM   #465 (permalink)

Yeah yeah yeah, its this its that its whatever.

Look I'm an I.T Technician with my own company and fully understand all the "variables" when doing anything technical with a PC or MAC for that matter, I personally tried to use the JIC Tech / Nextgen client on 3 different Windows PC's 2 of which have never been connected to my Pre before to no success.

The 1st one was Windows 7 x64 (unsupported, bla bla bla), 2nd one was XP x86 SP3, 3rd one was Vista x86 SP2.

The last two PC's in the above list have never been connected to any Palm Pre before, also I had no issue with Novacom at all using V17, 1st V18, and 2nd V18 of the JIC Tech / Nextgen client.

The issue I had was installing the virtual com ports for this client to communicate with my Pre which is unchanged since being bought from O2 UK in Mar 2010, only installed WebOS 1.4.0 then 1.4.1 and haven't starting homebrewing yet.

The trigger to install the virtual com ports never came up, no matter what I done over the last 4 days I could not get passed:

Palm device connected
Data collection error

Same message even when the phone was disconnected from the above PC's, now I've been unlocking phone for many years since the Nokia NK702 using com ports and remote unlocking solutions via IMEI.

Most software and clients I have experience with install the virtual com ports needed when the user installs the software, why doesn't this one do the same?.

And the very fact there have been at least 3 different versions of this software in the time I've been trying that I know of and the continuous changing of the user guide it comes with all support this is a complex process not for everyone, I could go on and on and on.

Plus not a single person who claims they have unlocked the Pre using this software on this site has listed in detail what steps they followed, what work arounds they used or a single video of how it was done.

I rest my case for now
Old 04/18/2010, 07:34 PM   #466 (permalink)

This software still has issues

Last edited by gnugeek; 04/19/2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04/19/2010, 12:14 AM   #467 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzafahey View Post

Plus not a single person who claims they have unlocked the Pre using this software on this site has listed in detail what steps they followed,
Read through this thread from the beginning. You'll see several of us have posted our success stories and listed what we did.
I personally listed the failures I experienced using a Windows 7 64 Bit PC and then I explained very clearly what I did that worked. I'ts so simple I did not need to post a "detailed" explanation.

1). Don't try to perform the unlock process using a system running any 64 bit OS (Windows 7, Vista, or XP 64 Bit).

2). Don't try to perform th unlock process using a system running Windows 7 32 bit OS, any version.

3). If you can avoid using Windows Vista 32 bit OS, that's advisable.

4).PERFORM THE UNLOCK PROCESS USING A SYSTEM RUNNING WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL OR HOME 32 BIT OS AND ENSURE THAT SINCE THE MOMENT THAT OS WAS INSTALLED ON THE SYSTEM YOUR PALM PRE NEVER HAD PREVIOUSLY CONNECTED TO IT VIA USB, BLUETOOTH, OR WI-FI BEFORE YOU CONNECT THE PALM PRE TO IT TO PERFORM THE UNLOCK PROCESS.

5). FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT ARE PROVIDED WITH THE UNLOCK FROM NEXTGEN TO THE T - WHAT I MEAN IS DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE, DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT. DON'T F*** IT UP ETC.

6). TAKE NOTE THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS DO INCLUDE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT THE QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVER INSTALLATION AS AN ADDENDUM. WHEN YOU ARE PROMPTED BY THE WINDOWS XP NEW HARDWARE INSTALL WIZARD TO INSTALL DRIVERS, DO NOT ACCEPT THE DEFAULT CHOICES, CHOOSE THE ONES DETAILED BY THE INSTRUCTIONS THE VERY FIRST TIME. AND NOTE THAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO THIS TWICE, THERE ARE TWO DRIVERS TO INSTALL.

7). MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHANGING THE USB PASS-THROUGH SETTINGS IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU HAVE UNLOCKED THE PRE.

IN OTHER WORDS, RTFM!

I can personally vouch that this process does work. I am using a TELCEL Palm Pre with and AT&T 3G SIM CARD ON AT&T's 3G US Network!
Old 04/19/2010, 01:46 AM   #468 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Plus not a single person who claims they have unlocked the Pre using this software on this site has listed in detail what steps they followed, what work arounds they used or a single video of how it was done.
I used the first version of the software,
used it according to the first instructions,
it worked on my first try.

Quote:
I rest my case for now
Based on a few of Max's answers, I posted some tips a few pages back, which multiple unsuccesful users decided to ignore. Which makes their posts ranting (also very unsuccesful). Perhaps that doesn't apply to you, but all this is entry level, and you obviously can't even follow step by step instructions.

EDIT: I deleted some of my post because it was incorrect; you do explain.
Old 04/19/2010, 01:49 AM   #469 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptonguebarry View Post
4).perform the unlock process using a system running windows xp professional or home 32 bit os and ensure that since the moment that os was installed on the system your palm pre never had previously connected to it via usb, bluetooth, or wi-fi before you connect the palm pre to it to perform the unlock process.
4b. If you must perform this procedure on a windows xp machine with a previous installation of novacom, first uninstall that installation and reboot your machine. Then restart the unlock client and check if novacom needs to be isntalled. It should say you need it (of course).
Old 04/19/2010, 03:00 AM   #470 (permalink)

Hey...got it working...it processes my IMEI and then...I get an error message telling me to repeat or to contact the seller... any thoughts?
Old 04/19/2010, 03:06 AM   #471 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebas2001 View Post
Hey...got it working...it processes my IMEI and then...I get an error message telling me to repeat or to contact the seller... any thoughts?
Aha!!! same here. Then next time it worked but displayed blank network code. Then after that it says not enough credits
This happened on fresh 1.4.0 firmware with equally fresh XP SP2 X86 install
Old 04/19/2010, 03:18 AM   #472 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
"R" is roaming, the phone is always in "R" mode regardless of the network it is on, even though I am in the same country. I have call/SMS/3G data functioning but the phone is interpreting being on a network other than the original as being out of the country.

Dont have a Movistar SIM here but will check on Monday.

BTW, a colleague has successfully unlocked his Pre with Unlock your Palm Treo® 850 750 680 650 600 180 Pre Pro Centro Tungsten handspring Smartphone - Unlocking software and unlock codes for your Palm Treo® 500 750 680 650 600 180 Tungsten handspring smartphone They sell Pre unlock codes and the process is really simple. You send them your IMEI and they send you the code, nothing to install. Quick and most importantly, it doesn't take much of your time.
As an update I can confirm my O2 SIM works in another unlocked (german) Palm Pre so it is not a network or SIM issue but specifically this phone.

The software clearly didn't unlock all networks.

is there any reason why this could be?
Old 04/19/2010, 04:10 AM   #473 (permalink)

I used the nextgenserver unlock on saturday morning (GMT) and it worked fine. I used an un-pre'd PC running Vista 32 bit. Only issue was disabling developer/Qualcomm mode, which took about 5 or 6 attempts at each of the codes supplied by Nextgen server. Now using an Orange sim with no problems. Thanks Max!!!
Old 04/19/2010, 04:11 AM   #474 (permalink)

Oh, and I tried a Vodaphone sim which also worked.
Old 04/19/2010, 04:37 AM   #475 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnugeek View Post
Aha!!! same here. Then next time it worked but displayed blank network code. Then after that it says not enough credits
This happened on fresh 1.4.0 firmware with equally fresh XP SP2 X86 install
So what did u do to resolve this?
Old 04/19/2010, 05:06 AM   #476 (permalink)

Lets clear somethings up here, if I'm wrong or incorrect in anything I've said or am going to say I apologise.

I've no dough some have been able to use this software, but as clearly noted by my self and others there are a number of bugs that must be worked out first.

Its unreasonable to say the min system requirements are an XP PC that has never been connected to the persons Pre, when you buy something like this the first thing you do is connect it to your PC and load all your personal music, pics, videos, etc.

Question: Did the person who coded this client really think that we would just wait for an unlock solution before we connected our phones, come on!.

Also on 2 PC's which were never connected to my phone before and fully supported as per the min system requirements on Nextgen's web site, I never got to the stage of installing the "QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVER" and installing drivers takes up a good part of my working day so I do know all about it.

And to say "IN OTHER WORDS, RTFM!" is unfair, as I did read all 3 one after the other plus all the extra steps that were email to me from Nextgen's support team.

I'm only asking questions and posting results, I didn't come on to the net with a piece of software claiming:

System requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32 bit)
(Vista 64 bit & Windows 7 untested at present and no support, MAC os not supported)

(*the above has been changed many times since it came out, I have the PDF's to prove it. And no word on needing a PC that has not been connected to a Pre before, how strange its not there*)

Fast and simple procedure, full easy to follow user guide provided. No technical knowledge required

All our orders are delivered instantly, as soon as your payment clears through our system, all orders are sent automatically to you. Nextgen Servers Ltd delivering another great solution instantly.

Nextgen Server Now Supporting the PALM Pre
Nextgen Server was the first unlock server to unlock the palm treo phones.

Now unlocks the PALM Pre
Fast 3 Second Code Reader
No firmware flashing or downgrading
Buy direct from the developers
Full Support Included
Instant Unlock (fastest way available to unlock your PALM pre)

How ?
After purchase we provide you with an unlock client and a credit (a small piece of software)
Each phone requires 1 CREDIT to unlock (login in and password is entered into client SW)
This communicates over the internet with our Palm Pre Unlock Server
The Client SW reads information from your PALM Pre
The Server then sends the unlock code back to the server client
Enter the code into the phone, phone unlocked.

The whole process should take no more than 3 to 5 minutes from purchase to unlock
Detailed Step by Step Instructions Are Provided with your Login Details
Uses standard USB Cable (as provided with the PALM Pre)
100% Safe, no risk to your phone
Works with all supported USB models, regardless of country or network locked to.
Codes are displayed in real time, no waiting for unlock codes
Use our service to unlock your phone regardless of your location.

Like I said before I could go on and on and on, and a day after asking for a full refund and being told I would get one by Nextgen I've still not got it.

Where is my money
Old 04/19/2010, 05:26 AM   #477 (permalink)
Banned

What's your location. Perhaps someone can help you at your location.

Scratch that. Seriously, maybe there's other users nearby who are willing to lend a hand.
Thanked By: hamzafahey
Old 04/19/2010, 05:40 AM   #478 (permalink)

Funny, oh yeah I have access to over 500 XP Pro X86 - 32Bit PC's here.

How many PC's would you like me to try before I give up again, not got a refund yet so could give it another go if you think its best.
Old 04/19/2010, 07:39 AM   #479 (permalink)

As much as I'm sure we all appreciate the fact that all your posts here have been complaining about the unlock solution not working for you and it was great that you pasted, like, half of the nextgen order page into this thread, you should remember that this isn't a forum dedicated to the unlocking software or closely monitored by the makers of the unlocking software, it just happened to be first announced here.

It's unfortunate that the unlocking hasn't worked for you up until this point so I suggest you should contact nextgen to query why your refund is taking so long as opposed to just complaining about it here to people who have no power to speed up your refund.

The unlock solution is new software and it has bugs, yes, but even if it didn't you can't guarantee that something like this is going to work for every single person. Still, if you are going to continue to persist with attempts to unlock your phone, I think you should tone down your aggressiveness to other forum users who have nothing to do with the makers or resellers of the software, the only reason they are in this thread is to help people like you who are having some difficulties and you're acting like a bit of a tool.
Thanked By: hamzafahey
Old 04/19/2010, 08:21 AM   #480 (permalink)

Yes I'm a tool, a tool, tool, tool.

But a tool with a full refund from Nextgen, which makes me happy at this point.

I too am here to help, and thank everyone who helped and replied to my posts and other posts looking for help.

Without forums like this one where would we be, I use them everyday to solve customers issues and learn how to be better at what I do.

Good job JIC Tech on finding an alternative solution, its hard to code a program that will do what this software does I couldn't do it.

And shootz is right, I have been a little aggressive in the way I've posted. I'm sorry for that, I'm not here to step on anyone's toes you know.

You should all know I've only had my Pre less then a month, and its my first Palm device. Defected from Sony Ericsson when I ran out of options for my old P1i, the Pre and WebOS are much better.

This option did not work for me at this time, later in this process if no other option can be found I may come back to it. Once all the bugs are worked out, and if possible Windows x64 support is added.

It is possible for me to admit my own faults, sometimes the fault is between the keyboard and chair after all
Closed Thread

Tags
unlock pre simlock, where is max

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0