Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judabricot View Post
    hello everybody.
    i'm spanish user with pre from movistar.
    i buy this morning my credit but my pre still locked.
    my pre is on dev mode.
    novacom drivers a installed but when i connect it, windows xp doesn't pop up me for diag drivers.
    if i go into control panel, i only see com 1 and y try install diag drivers so many times.
    my pre is still like the first day (no strange firm from another carrier o nothing like this)
    i'm on 1.41 and very sad to can't unlock it.
    helppppppppppppppp please
    Hola! Have a read back through my messages on the problems using this method for movistar and send me a private message in Spanish if you like. My Pre is now working on other networks BUT there are problems returning to Movistar (or O2). Be warned!
  2. d0s
    Just thought I'd register to say this has sucessfully unlocked my UK O2 Palm Pre.

I had been using a Rebel Sim Card with my T-Mobile UK card, after I completed the unlock I removed the Rebel Sim Card and inserted the T-Mobile card and it worked perfectly. I have also tested with an O2 UK card which works correctly.

I was sitting on the fence about doing this after reading about some problems. Now going to doctor to 1.4.1 with updated modem firmware, no more castle flashing for me .
    Hi, could someone please help me out here. I've being trying to unlock my Pre for 3 days now to no success, I have access to many PC and Laptops. Tried using Win 7 and XP both don't work, also what is the difrance between "diag mode" and "Developer Mode" if any?.

My main issue so far is getting the phone and software to talk with each other, following the steps in the software guide to the letter but never get the option to install the com drivers for the software to work.

Why is this so hard, I paid for it for god sake.

Any help would be nice, forgot to say my Pre is on WebOS 1.4.1 is this an issue?.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    I'm also getting SOS on my own network but can now use other SIMs.

I tried a manual network search, tried to access a 3rd network and then the correct network for the SIM. It took a few mins but the phone connected and I received an SMS. I then switched back to auto network. Rebooted and the phone is working normally but I am in R mode constantly.
    so it seems we have the same problem, unlocked for other networks but not for O2... I don't understand why not. Also I am out of options to try and fix it. Think I will go back to my Nokia as this unlock didn't work for me 100%.

Shame that Palm made life so difficult, this way the whole world will end up with a bloody Iphone

What is R mode btw?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    same thing here, but two days of struggling sofar

also i do not get the diag drivers update going despite all the advices in this thread, i can not find what is different in my case (on a vista ultimate 32 machine).

have tried several webOS and currently run sprint 1.4.0 but still can not unlock. whenever I hit "unlock" i do not get the "update driver" alert. all i get is a "file access denied"

i already informed nextgen server

btw, those of us with a provider not present in the palm network dbase will always suffer problems with next palm updates, unlocked or not, right ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzafahey View Post
    Hi, could someone please help me out here. I've being trying to unlock my Pre for 3 days now to no success, I have access to many PC and Laptops. Tried using Win 7 and XP both don't work, also what is the difrance between "diag mode" and "Developer Mode" if any?.

My main issue so far is getting the phone and software to talk with each other, following the steps in the software guide to the letter but never get the option to install the com drivers for the software to work.

Why is this so hard, I paid for it for god sake.

Any help would be nice, forgot to say my Pre is on WebOS 1.4.1 is this an issue?.

Thanks.
    Hi, you do need to be in Developer Mode (type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart"), I never really understood the thing about the diag drivers. There are messages on the screen but nothing in the manual.

I logged how I got this process to work in this thread. You may find it best to use a spare PC with a clean install as there was a problem with the driver install. You can solve this by rebooting the Pre and restarting the unlock after you get the DATA CONNECTION ERROR. Have a look at what I posted here. Good luck!
    Last edited by palmprespain; 04/18/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post
    so it seems we have the same problem, unlocked for other networks but not for O2... I don't understand why not. Also I am out of options to try and fix it. Think I will go back to my Nokia as this unlock didn't work for me 100%.

Shame that Palm made life so difficult, this way the whole world will end up with a bloody Iphone

What is R mode btw?
    "R" is roaming, the phone is always in "R" mode regardless of the network it is on, even though I am in the same country. I have call/SMS/3G data functioning but the phone is interpreting being on a network other than the original as being out of the country.

Dont have a Movistar SIM here but will check on Monday.

BTW, a colleague has successfully unlocked his Pre with Unlock your Palm Treo® 850 750 680 650 600 180 Pre Pro Centro Tungsten handspring Smartphone - Unlocking software and unlock codes for your Palm Treo® 500 750 680 650 600 180 Tungsten handspring smartphone They sell Pre unlock codes and the process is really simple. You send them your IMEI and they send you the code, nothing to install. Quick and most importantly, it doesn't take much of your time.
    Last edited by palmprespain; 04/18/2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjengie View Post
    same thing here, but two days of struggling sofar

also i do not get the diag drivers update going despite all the advices in this thread, i can not find what is different in my case (on a vista ultimate 32 machine).

have tried several webOS and currently run sprint 1.4.0 but still can not unlock. whenever I hit "unlock" i do not get the "update driver" alert. all i get is a "file access denied"

i already informed nextgen server

btw, those of us with a provider not present in the palm network dbase will always suffer problems with next palm updates, unlocked or not, right ?!
    Hi, if by problem, you mean that you will need to register your carrier setting again, then I suspect the answer is yes.

For some inexplicable reason Palm put a 220KB file of settings ON THE PHONE and while you can set the APN in v1.4+, you can only do so if the carrier is i the Palm database, otherwise you get "unable to write carrier data" The next update may well overwrite the carrier DB. If we loose 3G data services after the update, it would be a good idea to edit the new DB and not just overwrite it with the working version we have now.

Its hard to understand why they did this and why it is not consistent. In Europe the same operators are not always listed in all countries!

Every other phone maker either checks the network or allows you to change the settings manually, regardless whether they are in the DB or not. When I cross the border with my Nokia or Sony Ericsson or even my old TREO, the operator sends a welcome message and another SMS with data settings.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    few questions about the minimum requirements as in the nextgen server manual:

1. Phone must be working.
    My T-Mobile NL is roaming as I am abroad. Is this okay or do i need to get my local SIM up and running?

2. internet connection required.
    Is this for my PC, the Pre or both?

3. original firmware required.
    My O2 UK rebel is running Sprint 1.4.0
    "R" is roaming, the phone is always in "R" mode regardless of the network it is on, even though I am in the same country. I have call/SMS/3G data functioning but the phone is interpreting being on a network other than the original as being out of the country.

BTW, a collgue has sucessfuly unlocked his Pre with Unlock your Palm Treo® 850 750 680 650 600 180 Pre Pro Centro Tungsten handspring Smartphone - Unlocking software and unlock codes for your Palm Treo® 500 750 680 650 600 180 Tungsten handspring smartphone
    they also sell Pre unlock codes and the process is really simple. You send them your IMEI and they send you the code, nothing to install. Quick and most importantly, it doesnt take much of your time.
    Btw this solution (above) is also From Jic Technology and Nextgen server.They wrote that many years ago so these guys know what they are doing with Palm and will always try to make things simplar for everyone.The problem seems to be with some pc,s and im sure we will all find out what it is and how to fix soon enough. You have to remember its hard to fix something that works 100% on the developers pc when he cant replicate the error but this thing is always the case with all unlocking!

BTW, a collgue has sucessfuly unlocked his Pre with Unlock your Palm Treo® 850 750 680 650 600 180 Pre Pro Centro Tungsten handspring Smartphone - Unlocking software and unlock codes for your Palm Treo® 500 750 680 650 600 180 Tungsten handspring smartphone[/url]
    they also sell Pre unlock codes and the process is really simple. You send them your IMEI and they send you the code, nothing to install. Quick and most importantly, it doesnt take much of your time.
    They supplied you with a netork unlock code, as in supplied from the network via a back door, so not available for all networks, and not always available for all handsets sold on a network.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenleg View Post
    Btw this solution (above) is also From Jic Technology and Nextgen server.They wrote that many years ago so these guys know what they are doing with Palm and will always try to make things simplar for everyone.The problem seems to be with some pc,s and im sure we will all find out what it is and how to fix soon enough. You have to remember its hard to fix something that works 100% on the developers pc when he cant replicate the error but this thing is always the case with all unlocking!
    The problem is more prevalent for those who have flashed their phones, loading different firmware, many end users have directly to our website to unlock their Pre, who have never updated there pre in any way (apart from the obvious over the air firmware updates), they seem to be having very little or no issues with the process of unlocking.

As always we will try to improve in any way we can.

Had enough of this, don't believe it works and is way to complex.

They need to provide another way of unlocking the Pre, today I have asked for a full refund.

Just waiting to hear back now, I will post what happens next.
    Just heard back from Nextgen's support dept, they agreed to give me a full refund.

I've not got it, and no time frame from them yet.

Will see what happens next.
  15.    #455  

They need to provide another way of unlocking the Pre, today I have asked for a full refund.

1 Really, it's too hard to type in the Pre's keyboard while home screen is up webos20090606 (the digits must be typed using the Orange button).

2 Then you get developer mode dialog, enable it and restart the phone. Install the software and restart PC - that's it.

3 Then just connect the phone and press Unlock, get drivers installed when windows asks and get the code.

I could never see any simplier process for the Pre, that a user( who knows that windwos actualy can be restarted NOT with power or reset button, but by a menu button) , couldn't do. Unless you have some special Pre or computer.

Can someone tell me - is the process tha i described so complicated?
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by jictechnology View Post
    1 Really, it's too hard to type in the Pre's keyboard while home screen is up webos20090606 (the digits must be typed using the Orange button).

2 Then you get developer mode dialog, enable it and restart the phone. Install the software and restart PC - that's it.

3 Then just connect the phone and press Unlock, get drivers installed when windows asks and get the code.

I could never see any simplier process for the Pre, that a user( who knows that windwos actualy can be restarted NOT with power or reset button, but by a menu button) , couldn't do. Unless you have some special Pre or computer.

Can someone tell me - is the process tha i described so complicated?
    No, Max. You've written a wonderful piece of software, so now you must offer support to EVERYONE for other problems with their computer and their Pres.
    I wonder why people install Sprint fw on their Pre when that's about the only thing they are able to... Is it cool?
    I purchased it for £25 and went through the whole process only to get a blank network code

here is the screenshot

I have emailed the support but lets see.

what an utterly ridicilous thing to say!
    Many long time and respected members of this forum have unlocked there phones first time with no problems at all.
    I too sell these from my site and have had no problems at all.You cannot blame the software or method of unlock for shortcomings with the Novacom drivers not working on some pc,s .This is not down to anything related to the software.Anyone who sells cable unlock solutions will tell you the same thing.There are always pc and driver problems and there is nothing anyone can do about that as there are too many variables and every single pc on the planet is different from the next due to different software being installed.
    The same thing goes for phones.If you play around with it then certain things get altered.Its the nature of the business.
    Anyway i hope you get your problem sorted.
    unfortunately can't unlock my pre.
    i've got the same issue than a lot of people here.
    i've spend two days and money for unlocking that doesn't work for me.
    i don't blame the software, but i can't solve diag drivers instalation.
    happy for the people that plug the pre and unlock it in five minute.
    now i don't know what i can do!!!
    contact support for full refund
    don't ask me why but finally can unlock my pre.
    use another computer without sp3 and work a the first attempt