Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by zebas2001 View Post
    I have followed the manual...Diag mode is developer mode right? So its on developer mode...restarted phone and everything...novacom is installed...but no message popped to install driver
    Sorry, but diag mode is diag mode, developer mode is developer mode.

All you need is to press UNLOCK and when message from the software appears - install the driver. But it will appear when you press UNLOCK.
    Windows will ask you for it.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Man... I have uninstalled ver17, installed ver18...novacom is there, pressed UNLOCK, message from software appeared but windows did NOT ASK ANYTHING...nothing appeared to install no drivers...
    Just another idea...

Wonder if Novacom bootie mode will work for unlocking (i.e. holding Volume Up and plug USB cable)?

If it does maybe we can cut out having to use Meta Doctor to bypass activation, turn on dev mode, etc. on unactivated phones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #384  
    Man... I have uninstalled ver17, installed ver18...novacom is there, pressed UNLOCK, message from software appeared but windows did NOT ASK ANYTHING...nothing appeared to install no drivers...

Ok, please open your device manager and see if you have two new comports there. If not - something is wrong with the OS, it does not let script to run.

Please check it when the window pups up. You need to see if comports are there or new devices. If you see two new devices with a yellow "!" sign then right click on the device and select "Update driver" and point to the location of our drivers.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    When I plug pre to PC two new devices appear...Palm Novacom and Generic Volume...no yellow "!"
  6.    #386  
    When I plug pre to PC two new devices appear...Palm Novacom and Generic Volume...no yellow "!"
    Sure, it should appear when you press Unlock button on the software and get a popup window telling you to install the drviers. At this time please check your device manager for a new hardware.
    1. Connect Pre to the PC
    2. Press Unlock
    3. See message to install the driver
    Go to device manager and check for the new hardware.
    Please look under comm ports maybe you have drivers (not the ones required) already installed, in which case right click on the device and click update drivers.

The device that we are interested in will be listed as a comm port (if there are some drivers already installed) or if no drivers are installed as 'unknown device.
    Okay I have spent some more time getting the phone unlocked and still not there!

I went through the steps with the unlocker and managed to retrieve the codes and input the unlock code (this was with a t-mobile sim inside).

Now I've tried my normal O2 SIM (via carphonwarehouse), another O2 SIM, and a 3 SIM. All of these do not work!

So for some reason it now seems my phone is simlocked to T-mobile rather than O2 which it was before. Totally bizarre but I'd really like my normal SIM to work in this phone

I've flashed with O2 UK official ROM and phone is working (but only with T-mobile!)

I've tried about 3 to 4 webdoctor versions and this does not seem to resolve the problem. Desperate here, taken 20 hours and still the message is "Check SIM- SOS"

Short of selling phone I don't know what to do next.
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post
    Okay I have spent some more time getting the phone unlocked and still not there!

I went through the steps with the unlocker and managed to retrieve the codes and input the unlock code (this was with a t-mobile sim inside).

Now I've tried my normal O2 SIM (via carphonwarehouse), another O2 SIM, and a 3 SIM. All of these do not work!

So for some reason it now seems my phone is simlocked to T-mobile rather than O2 which it was before. Totally bizarre but I'd really like my normal SIM to work in this phone

I've flashed with O2 UK official ROM and phone is working (but only with T-mobile!)

I've tried about 3 to 4 webdoctor versions and this does not seem to resolve the problem. Desperate here, taken 20 hours and still the message is "Check SIM- SOS"

When phone is locked it asks for a code to unlock it, so it's definately not the case.
    I would like to ask you if you have tried any software with this modem before?
    As i see, in normal phone, when you enter the code to unlock it - it just unlocks, that the meaning of the "Unlock" code. Otherwise your phone is not in normal, working condition.
    I would advise you to flash your phone modem with original castleumtsfw.tar and that would of have corrected the error.
    It won't get locked back, sonce the unlock code was entered.
    Of How to do it i guess there are ot of manuals.
    Please try and give us your feedback.
    I did not mean webosdoctor, i mean real modem update.
    You can check the Rebel sim card forum BUT before you do:

1) go to network selection menu and set it to manual, try to join the network you will find (o2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post

I like to know: What do you mean by does NOT work? Does the phone asks for an Provider unlock code? No? i thought so, your Pre is unlocked.
    Read my post earlier about this which states:

For the SOS issue (unrelated to unlocking, but related to Rebel or other unlock cards): goto your phone preferences disable auto network selection. Search and select another network, try to lock to all of them just do it and ignore the errors. finally, select your own provider, and enable auto-select.)
    This procedure resets the SIM key's. Now give it a few minutes, and it will
    run just fine. If not, follow the procedure again in another phone (Nokia or so) It ALWAYS works!!!!.
    Max: Perhaps you should add it to the manual of the unlock program. This happens ALL the time when a rebel card is used.
    RSC refers to "Reset SIM network Keys" Whatever it means. It needs to be done to get the card working after using it with rebel, of China unlockcards....
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I like to know: What do you mean by does NOT work? Does the phone asks for an Provider unlock code? No? i thought so, your Pre is unlocked.
    Read my post earlier about this which states:

For the SOS issue (unrelated to unlocking, but related to Rebel or other unlock cards): goto your phone preferences disable auto network selection. Search and select another network, try to lock to all of them just do it and ignore the errors. finally, select your own provider, and enable auto-select.)
    This procedure resets the SIM key's. Now give it a few minutes, and it will
    run just fine. If not, follow the procedure again in another phone (Nokia or so) It ALWAYS works!!!!.
    Max: Perhaps you should add it to the manual of the unlock program. This happens ALL the time when a rebel card is used.
    RSC refers to "Reset SIM network Keys" Whatever it means. It needs to be done to get the card working after using it with rebel, of China unlockcards....
    thanks, I will try this and report. However I haven't used any Rebelsim or alternative before on my sim so my hopes are low
    First of all; Max thanks (you know why).
    I'll come visit you when you're doing that thing you want to do (hell yeah), and I'll bring a big bottle of something.

I used
    the first software,
    the first manual,
    and it worked on my first try.

There's quite a number of people on precentral who think I'm a moron, so go figure!
    All I can say at this point is; RTFM!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgenserver View Post
    Please look under comm ports maybe you have drivers (not the ones required) already installed, in which case right click on the device and click update drivers.

The device that we are interested in will be listed as a comm port (if there are some drivers already installed) or if no drivers are installed as 'unknown device.
    Yes just like u said, theres two more devices, USB Composite Device and Mass Storage Device both on Pre but they are not yellow and when I try to update the drivers and use the ones thatcome with the software it says that there is no information for my hardware on that location... ideas? Thanks a lot for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    I can confirm i have an unlocked telcel palm pre as a result of this solution. Thank you!!

All sim card types work and i have north american 3g!!!!!!!
    Fantastic! Thanks for the good news!.

My telcel Pre just arrived here in California USA, and I've decided it's worth dropping some more chump change into Mr. Slim's fat roaming pocketbook in exchange for a no grief activation with palm profile setup included! I'm preparing my telcel PrePaid SIM with the purchase of voice minutes and the Telcel one day data feature add on option. This is the same SIM i used to activate and set up a palm profile for my first Telcel Pre whilst roaming on AT&T's 3G USA network back in January. Once through the activation/profile blues, I'll be jumping onto Max's unlocking highway to ........ who know's where!

Wherever it is, it's bound to be a thrill ride getting there. With any luck, I'll be making my next post in here shortly using my unlocked Telcel Palm Pre from somewhere in AT&T 3G heaven.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
  15.    #395  
    Yes just like u said, theres two more devices, USB Composite Device and Mass Storage Device both on Pre but they are not yellow and when I try to update the drivers and use the ones thatcome with the software it says that there is no information for my hardware on that location... ideas? Thanks a lot for your help
    I think i have answered this question already, if i remember well i said - there is something wrong with your OS in the Pre, because after you press Unlock software would start telling the Pre OS to do something to switch to Diag mode. Furthermore, if you get no new hardware installed dialog - you have a fault in your Pre. Custom software installed, previous attempts to play with Diag mode, etc can be the reason. Please notice: if you do not get "New hardware dialog" you can't go any further and this is not the software fault, since you have novacom installed. Other than novacom issues do not apply for our software. Version 18 installation package patched this issue too.

I suggest you to run webosdoctor and then try again.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks...I will then run webosdoctor...and try everything again...i'll post the results as soon as possible...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    OMG...Runned webosdoctor, reseted palm pre...now I need to activate it, well my pre is from o2 UK and I currently in Angola...so I have the o2 sim with but cant activate it...how can I do that? any way of doing it with wi-fi?
    OMG...Runned webosdoctor, reseted palm pre...now I need to activate it, well my pre is from o2 UK and I currently in Angola...so I have the o2 sim with but cant activate it...how can I do that? any way of doing it with wi-fi?
    Meta Doctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-lot-more.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    But Im not familiar with either linux or mac terminal... :S
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No other way of doing it?