Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Doesn't O2 UK unlock your Pre these days if you ask them real nicely. Thought I'd read a thread about that a while back?

HEY I just saw my post on youtube
    Impressive piece of hacking. Is this method a permanent unlock or will a webosdoctor lock the phone again?

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Impressive piece of hacking. Is this method a permanent unlock or will a webosdoctor lock the phone again?

Gx
    Gx,
    If this Unlock is hard coded, it would be permanent. No Doctor can undo that.

Sadly he will not share the solution, although i think it is a matter of time someone else will find the solution too, and will release it to the community.

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Doesn't O2 UK unlock your Pre these days if you ask them real nicely. Thought I'd read a thread about that a while back?
    They don't do phones that are exclusive to them. They only started unlocking the iphone once vodafone got it
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    They don't do phones that are exclusive to them. They only started unlocking the iphone once vodafone got it
    Sorry, only read the first few posts. At the time the other posts had not been written yet.

"Sorry, the Palm Pre can't be unlocked, it's an O2 exclusive handset and we want Palm Pre customers to have the best Smartphone experience."
  6.    #26  

Gx
    This is permanent unlock. You can update it in the way you like and it will not be re-locked again.
    I do not want it to look like advertisement. This is just a POC, not a commercial solution.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    So this is a software solution or hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    This is permanent unlock. You can update it in the way you like and it will not be re-locked again.
    I do not want it to look like advertisement. This is just a POC, not a commercial solution.
    Will it be possible to relock it for when it might need to be sent back to the carrier for repair?

Gx
    Will it be possible to relock it for when it might need to be sent back to the carrier for repair?

Gx
    Chances are they won't notice. I've sent back debranded phones (which are way more obvious than unlocks, the carrier logo is missing) to Rogers in the past and they all went through warranty fine. In fact most of the cases the carrier just acts as an agent to forward the phone to the maufacturer.

Not sure if this is the way it works around the world though.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 04/07/2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    So this is a software solution or hardware?
    This is a software solution.
  11.    #31  

Gx
    I can do it. Also i can lock any Pre to any network (range)
    And just curious... have you tested the unlocks with all firmware versions out there?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

13.    #33  
    Yes, it is not firmware dependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    I can do it. Also i can lock any Pre to any network (range)
    First, I applaud you for your unlock success story, however after spending a majority of my free time over a two month period, as well as chipping in a nice chunk of change towards the effort a group of us Precentral members pursued in an unsuccessful effort to come up with an RSC based unlock solution for the locked Telcel North American UTMS 3G Palm Pre for all who could benefit from it, I feel it's fair to share that I resent the way you are dangling your success in this arena with nothing more than a vague explanation of how the PreCentral community will benefit in the end.

This community is chock full of folks who willingly contribute their time, knowledge, and sometimes resources back into the community for the benefit of others. Unfortunatley, in a public forum, theres always somone lurking about handing out invitations to their self serving roadshow. Enjoy your time in the spotlight. Travelers willing to hop on board could become scarce unless you choose to offer them a little respite along the way.
    imho no one will remember the 1st to do it only the 1st to release it..... i really dont care i have a cdma pre on sprint n dont want to leave sprint i just think this a ****** bag move. i was following the psp go to see if they hacked it a while back to get one and some other ****** bag did the same thing.... idk if he eventually released it but the point of my post is..... you sir are a egotistical ****** bag
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    imho no one will remember the 1st to do it only the 1st to release it..... i really dont care i have a cdma pre on sprint n dont want to leave sprint i just think this a ****** bag move. i was following the psp go to see if they hacked it a while back to get one and some other ****** bag did the same thing.... idk if he eventually released it but the point of my post is..... you sir are a egotistical ****** bag
    the only thing i can tell you - if you pay me a good salary - i will keep releasing free solutions for everything. Sounds good to you?
    i make money from my work. do you do your job for free?
    Wild guess... QPST?

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Wild guess... QPST?
    Is QPST even reliable for GSM phones? I mean, it's a specific CDMA tool right?
    Doesn't display all options for GSM phones (gpsOne tab), so there's no knowing it will write to phone correctly, right?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by corruption123 View Post
    Hey man, you scam artist. Still doing funky stuff with your camera, and trying to make money by claiming you can unlock devices. Man, people still buy that?
    You're doing it on every damn forum on the internet. You probably already unlocked the iPad right?
    LMAO with u.
    Keep on entertaining me with such posts but keep a good eye on your a** (from the LMAO) because when it get's hot it produces the type of post you've just posted LOL
    Btw, i will try to do the i Pad, when it will be available with the 3G module. Thanks for a good idea and for your jealousity! The more you call me a scam artist the more will be your shame when the solution becomes available.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Wild guess... QPST?
    My friend, don't try to guess.. When you see the kind of security and random numbers involved into the calculation you would never want again to try it again... true!
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast