Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shu_shu_lok View Post
    I have bought this unlock kit too and experienced the same issue (novacom problem)... I expect and am awaiting there will be a new version of the unlock programme for us to download. It will be a nightware for those (just like me) who are not familiar with how to edit for change the path....*_*
    I'm sure that the unlock solution is doing something clever but we should not have to do so much to get it work after paying.. at least there should be a warning message saying that you need developer tools installed for this work. It appears that I am short a diag driver now.. probably also part of the SDK.

At least I am learning something: go to Control Panel, change to classic view, find System, hit advanced TAB and the Environment button. Select PATH, press edit, cut (CTL X) ";C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom" and press apply. Then edit again and paste back (CTRL V) and apply. Setting this at the user interface makes it visible to the unlock programme.

You should then be able to get to the "Data collection error" message I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    Max, it appears that the unlock programme (the second version from 16:55 CET 15/4/10) tries to set the PATH (there is a install entry) but fails. The problem can be solved in the UI by editing the PATH. From the UI, we cut "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom" from the end of PATH, applied the change, then pasted it back. This sets the PATH correctly in:

HKEYLOCALMACHINE/system/controlset001/control/sessionmnager/Environment
    HKEYCURRENTUSER/software/microsoft/Windows/ShellNoRoam/MUICache

It seems as though the unlock programm was never tested on a non dev machine. It assumes that novacom is available rather than looking in HKEYLOCALMACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/Installer/folders to find if and where it is installed and launching it without relying on PATH being set.

Now novacom is available I can press unlock but the unlock programme dies at DATA COLLECTION ERROR.

There is something about a Daig driver?? Is this not part of the "Novacom Driver INstall"?? step?
    hey, palmprespain, you seem to be experiencing the same problem as i had before, are you using Windows 7?
    I have bought this unlock kit too and experienced the same issue (novacom problem)... I expect and am awaiting there will be a new version of the unlock programme for us to download. It will be a nightware for those (just like me) who are not familiar with how to edit for change the path....*_*
    you can just open the cmd by pressinng windows+R, then type in cmd in the run, it opens a dialog box and now you need to type in this line.
    "path = %PATH%;C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom"
    hit enter.
    replace C:\ with your system drive letter.
    finally, you might need to restart the computer for it to work
    Quote Originally Posted by wongwc3 View Post
    hey, palmprespain, you seem to be experiencing the same problem as i had before, are you using Windows 7?
    Hi, I tried this on a non production machine running Windows XP Pro SP3. Its a clean install, it only has the Nokia client on on it.
    Hi, I tried this on a non production machine running Windows XP Pro SP3. Its a clean install, it only has the Nokia client on on it.
    did you install any drives after pressing the unlock button?
    did you install any drives after pressing the unlock button?
    After, no. The manual says drivers before pressing UNLOCK. But I guess there is something missing from the installer package. The PATH problem stems from the programmer assuming you have the SDK installed.
    After, no. The manual says drivers before pressing UNLOCK. But I guess there is something missing from the installer package. The PATH problem stems from the programmer assuming you have the SDK installed.
    Those drives should be located at the C:\Program Files\Multi Unlock Agent\palm pre\drivers, you should now check the device managers and see if there are any things not installed properly, if you find it, you can try installing those drives by pressing install drivers manually and locate the links manually as well
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post
    many attempts later i cannot seem to get it to work. I have used 1.4.1 meta doctor and was able to get unlock codes for the phone, which i have now on file. However I cannot get any screen to put in the codes so can't seem to do the actual unlocking... Switching airplane use on or off doesnt trigger the code field but a message "phone not allowed (6)" and nothing else

Any workaround is appreciated - getting desperate here!
    do you have a sim card that is blocked by the phone, like if you are using an O2 GSM phone, you just need to use a sim card of other networks
    do you have a sim card that is blocked by the phone, like if you are using an O2 GSM phone, you just need to use a sim card of other networks
    I just used another sim (t-mobile) and that seemed to work (I got the code screen and unlocked it). However changing back to my normal SIM still doesn't work. I need to use my normal sim (which has my contract) so it seems to be locked for this specific sim? It is an O2 sim (but bought via carphonewarehouse so phone blocks it..).

Any ideas because I am lost here!
    I just used another sim (t-mobile) and that seemed to work (I got the code screen and unlocked it). However changing back to my normal SIM still doesn't work. I need to use my normal sim (which has my contract) so it seems to be locked for this specific sim? It is an O2 sim (but bought via carphonewarehouse so phone blocks it..).

Any ideas because I am lost here!
    Same problem here, getting SOS only
    Same problem here, getting SOS only
    I have run out of options...Spoke to carphonewarehouse and they are not blocking on their side, it has to be the phone.

Seems the unlock only works for specific networks but at least NOT for UK O2
    I have run out of options...Spoke to carphonewarehouse and they are not blocking on their side, it has to be the phone.

I am using O2 UK as well, but i haven't experienced your problem........
    Wow, Worked for me first time, on Parallels Desktop on the mac, really easy, or I may have been lucky, but now have a Pre on Vodafone in the UK!

Very happy!!
    I am using O2 UK as well, but i haven't experienced your problem........
    Can you perhaps share how you did it exactly?

- which version of meta-doctor? (if meta-doctor)
    - which network are you on?
    - when did you insert SIM

(1) I have flashed phone used meta doctor EUE RW 1.4.1 with first run by pass to access dev mode.
    (2) ran the unlock tool according to instructions
    (3) obtained the unlock code
    (4) with a t-mobile sim I receive the code screen, however cannot seem to make calls but have network access.
    (5) With my O2 sim (carphonewarehouse) I don't get a code screen and SOS only message. The unlock therefore doesn't seem to work fully however I don't understand why

I haven't been able to create or access Palm Profile (I don't get this screen either)
    I pretty much follow the instructions that they provided, did you type in the Networkcode or other codes? i haven't tried calling from my other sim because it's a sim card from other country but after i have done all the things on the manual, i got signals for both sims and is currently downloading apps from my o2 sim
  16.    #336  

It does not only work for a specific network, it works for all locked phones. I have an UK O2 and i use it with my T-Mobide D card (Germany).
    Give your phone time to pick network!
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Now I can get conntected to the pre now. But after i press the unlock button there is another message "Message service not active on this account". What's that means?
  18.    #338  
    Now I can get conntected to the pre now. But after i press the unlock button there is another message "Message service not active on this account". What's that means?
    It means you have to either check the user name and password. If you are sure it's correct then write to support.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    It does not only work for a specific network, it works for all locked phones. I have an UK O2 and i use it with my T-Mobide D card (Germany).
    Give your phone time to pick network!
    that's the weird thing, it works with my UK t-mobile sim. but not with UK O2
  20.    #340  
    that's the weird thing, it works with my UK t-mobile sim. but not with UK O2
    Really weird. When you entered the code the dialog disappeared and then what happened?
    Just stays in SOS? Try to do manual search and force it to join O2 network.
    Or i suspect you have flashed it with some custom firmware? I guess if you run the WebOSDoctor in the end it would help.