Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post
    hmm. I've been trying for a while now and things seem to going well up to the last stage...the unlock programme tells me "processing IMEI" and then comes back with "message 0". after which it all ends
    anyone any idea?
    Please keep trying, the credit will be taken when the data processing will be complete.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You haven't been able to activate your Pre, right? Probably because you don't have a data connection? In that case you need to get past this screen first.
    Start reading:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

Pls note one of the meta-doctor options is to enable Dev Mode.
    This is how I activated mine.
    1.iNSTALLED web os doctor sprint 1.3
    2.When activating I clicked on phone icon on bottom right corner.
    3.Activated wi-fi with password.(make sure it is set to ON also)
    4.After this I took battery out.
    5.restarted phone and set all my detailS and phone WAS THEN activated!
    Max, you guys sold it to more than one company? These guys are offering the same thing... even the image is the same.

Unlock Palm Pre in Real Time !!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i still don't understand what's going on... I have the codes in my unlock screen, but nowhere to input them on my phone?
    Last edited by jaks; 04/15/2010 at 08:49 PM.
  5.    #305  
    i still don't understand what's going on... I have the codes in my unlock screen, but nowhere to input them on my phone?
    Please insert the card that your phone should not accept and it will ask you for the code. If the card is inserted - turn airplane mode on then off and you will have the Code dialog.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Max, you guys sold it to more than one company? These guys are offering the same thing... even the image is the same.

Unlock Palm Pre in Real Time !!
    Yes, Toni, this is one of a huge chains of their dealers.
    EDIT: Sorry, i did not sell, i mean this is a reseller of jictechnology.co.uk
    hey max, i have now unlocked the phone but i couldn't go to the usb passthrough control page, typing in all those keys provided don't seems to work for me, any thought? Thanks for your help
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by wongwc3 View Post
    hey max, i have now unlocked the phone but i couldn't go to the usb passthrough control page, typing in all those keys provided don't seems to work for me, any thought? Thanks for your help
    What OS version do you have?
    One of those codes should work, did you press the "Call button" after you enter the #* code?
    still no code field...also switching to airplane mode doesnt seem to work
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by macgeek0 View Post
    This is how I activated mine.
    1.iNSTALLED web os doctor sprint 1.3
    2.When activating I clicked on phone icon on bottom right corner.
    3.Activated wi-fi with password.(make sure it is set to ON also)
    4.After this I took battery out.
    5.restarted phone and set all my detailS and phone WAS THEN activated!
    Can i ask you if the WiFi was accessible with other OS (more than 1.3?)
  11.    #311  
    still no code field...also switching to airplane mode doesnt seem to work
    Switching on and then off should bring the dialog.
    Restart the phone with a wrong card inside then. But i am sure after playing with the airplane mode the network code dialog should appear.
    oh, i got it now, i thought i needed to type it in on an empty page, like what you do for the developer mode, i got it working after typing it on the phone page, Thanks for your help, i now got my phone fully unlocked, i am using Windows 7, although this programme works fine for it, it took me quite a long time to figure out how to do that properly, for some reasons, the programme just seems not to be working well with the windows 7
  13.    #313  
    oh, i got it now, i thought i needed to type it in on an empty page, like what you do for the developer mode, i got it working after typing it on the phone page, Thanks for your help, i now got my phone fully unlocked, i am using Windows 7, although this programme works fine for it, it took me quite a long time to figure out how to do that properly, for some reasons, the programme just seems not to be working well with the windows 7
    Yep actualy it's stated on the first page of the manual (Win7)
    It will work tomorrow, we collected all the errors and i can make the process more automatic.

But thatnks for your attempts. Enjoy your unlocked phone!
    ya, i know, but i give it a go nonetheless since most programmes which are working on vista are compatible with windows 7 anyway, but thx for the great programmes and your help
  15.    #315  
    ya, i know, but i give it a go nonetheless since most programmes which are working on vista are compatible with windows 7 anyway, but thx for the great programmes and your help
    So thanks for giving it a shot!
    Have a good time and welcome!
    many attempts later i cannot seem to get it to work. I have used 1.4.1 meta doctor and was able to get unlock codes for the phone, which i have now on file. However I cannot get any screen to put in the codes so can't seem to do the actual unlocking... Switching airplane use on or off doesnt trigger the code field but a message "phone not allowed (6)" and nothing else

Any workaround is appreciated - getting desperate here!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I'm sure you must know that if the software you say you've created works, you could be a very wealthy man right now, especially if it works to unlock the Telcel Palm Pre which with it's North American communications board inside would connect to AT&T's 3G network. Don't wait too long though, 'cause someday "soon" when the AT&T Palm Pre Plus is released, your software will not be worth as much as it is right now .....
    Post pictures or video, and a then surf over to gsmhosting and you'll likely run into a lot of folks salivating at the thought of using your software to make themselves rich. You could possibly hitch a ride on their coattails for a month then take it easy.

TTB
    Well, the at&t pre is almost out. guess it's right on time to have less sales but now I understand who max is...nice to see you here. thanks for being part of webos. hopefully you can contribute more in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Everyone save that link NOW!
    Even if you don't know why, you will at some time during the life of your Pre.
    Trust me. It won't last here very long.
    The Mother of All GSMs isn't even on that page!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.
    The problem is - novacom. The installation path is not automaticaly stored (anywhere at all) so it's not possible to determine it's location without user interference.
    Therefore we have had a whole day discussion about the issue
    We are changing the installation package now.
    But regarding the activation - yes, aples example made a big impact to Pre developers and they decided to implement a useless activation too
    Max, it appears that the unlock programme (the second version from 16:55 CET 15/4/10) tries to set the PATH (there is a install entry) but fails. The problem can be solved in the UI by editing the PATH. From the UI, we cut "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom" from the end of PATH, applied the change, then pasted it back. This sets the PATH correctly in:

HKEYLOCALMACHINE/system/controlset001/control/sessionmnager/Environment
    HKEYCURRENTUSER/software/microsoft/Windows/ShellNoRoam/MUICache

It seems as though the unlock programm was never tested on a non dev machine. It assumes that novacom is available rather than looking in HKEYLOCALMACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/Installer/folders to find if and where it is installed and launching it without relying on PATH being set.

Now novacom is available I can press unlock but the unlock programme dies at DATA COLLECTION ERROR.

There is something about a Daig driver?? Is this not part of the "Novacom Driver INstall"?? step?
    Last edited by palmprespain; 04/16/2010 at 03:51 AM.
    I have bought this unlock kit too and experienced the same issue (novacom problem)... I expect and am awaiting there will be a new version of the unlock programme for us to download. It will be a nightware for those (just like me) who are not familiar with how to edit for change the path....*_*