Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    So is this going to work with an AT&T Pre Plus when they're released, I'd also love to move from Bell's CDMA Pre to a Bell HSPA Pre (Plus) . . . .
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmason View Post
    So is this going to work with an AT&T Pre Plus when they're released, I'd also love to move from Bell's CDMA Pre to a Bell HSPA Pre (Plus) . . . .
    I believe it will be different hardware too, so it's too early to speak about the unlocking. But as soon as i get a Pre Plus i will try it.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Ok leave the novacom installed and in DOS command prompt type in novacom.exe and hit enter. Let's see what will it bring up with.
    There is always something when you must deal with a third party software..
    Novacom.exe cannot be found at the command prompt. Further, PATH does NOT list the Novacom directory but it is listed in Windows.

I guess this means that the registry has not been set correctly?

I would not advise anyone to install this on a production machine until this is resolved. Or at least, make a registry backup before the install. the unlock software did not create a restore point.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Ok, that's great news. Thank You.

In case you're starting to like the h/w questions, tomi666 has a GPS issue he wants to run across your brain:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2384046
    Yes Barry, i keep it in mind and i will definately take a look at those issues!
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    Novacom.exe cannot be found at the command prompt. Further, PATH does NOT list the Novacom directory but it is listed in Windows.

I would not advise anyone to install this on a production machine until this is resolved. Or at least, make a registry backup before the install. the unlock software did not create a restore point.
    There is nothing to backup since the registry record is not altered but added a PATH record.
    Please can you stick to the forum for awhile to help me to help you.

I have posted how to manyaly set the path, it's very easy. Can you do it and give a feedback on what you got as the result?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post

Did you have success with the unlock yet?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi, I am experiencing the same problem as palmprespain and i have tried typing in the path in CMD and nothing happens after that, any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Dude,

I second that.... It Works!
    Thanks for being the alpha beta!
    Whoa nellie!

Max is really a s/w guy. My h/w question as it relates to this particular unlock solution takes some priority. We don't want to overtask Max with too many h/w issues to work at once!

J/K
    Max is currently working on auto-cloning sw, so that should not be a problem.
    I believe it will be different hardware too, so it's too early to speak about the unlocking. But as soon as i get a Pre Plus i will try it.
    According to Palm's letter to FCC, the only difference is the hardware button, RAM and storage.

There's no change to the radio board.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

Now question is up for the Euro Pre Plus, they had to do a complete new file, O8F-CASY. Thing is the original Pre GSM didn't have FCC approval, maybe that's why.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by wongwc3 View Post
    Hi, I am experiencing the same problem as palmprespain and i have tried typing in the path in CMD and nothing happens after that, any help?
    Yes we will change the installer for sure.
    Now please could you check if your installation in the default location (C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    According to Palm's letter FCC, the only difference is the hardware button, RAM and storage.

There's no change to the radio board.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

Now question is up for the Euro Pre Plus, they had to do a complete new file, O8F-CASY. Thing is the original Pre GSM didn't have FCC approval, maybe that's why.
    It's my understanding they don't need to file with the FCC for EU devices. The fact they are doing so for the Pre Plus could just be because they are doing some testing the device here in the USA. It would need approval if thats the case.,
    OR
    Maybe they are incorporating Quad Band 3G in the O8F-CASY ?????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Yes we will change the installer for sure.
    Now please could you check if your installation in the default location (C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom) ?
    yp, it's in the default location
    It's my understanding they don't need to file with the FCC for EU devices. The fact they are doing so for the Pre Plus could just be because they are doing some testing the device here in the USA. It would need approval if thats the case.,
    OR
    Maybe they are incorporating Quad Band 3G in the O8F-CASY ?????
    No, SAR reports for O8F-CASY point that it only GSM bands were tested, no UMTS bands.

But my point was, there's the C2PC as comparison between the US Pre and Pre Pluses and some evidence pointing to that the radio board is the same, but I can't say for sure for Euro Pre Plus. I don't see why it would be different though.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 04/15/2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15.    #275  
    yp, it's in the default location
    Ok by now i see only one way, to set it manualy.
    Here is the link of how to get to the PATH:
    Environment Variables in Windows XP

You need to edit User variables, press NEW if you don't have variable PATH already:

In the path add ;(if you already have any variables in the list) and then the full path to your novacom insallation folder.
    Ok by now i see only one way, to set it manualy.
    Here is the link of how to get to the PATH:
    Environment Variables in Windows XP

You need to edit User variables, press NEW if you don't have variable PATH already:

In the path add ;(if you already have any variables in the list) and then the full path to your novacom insallation folder.
    Thanks, after typing in the path, you have to restart the computer in order for it to work properly, i have now fix the novacom issue but i am finding some ways to install the diag driver at the moment
  17.    #277  
    Thanks, after typing in the path, you have to restart the computer in order for it to work properly, i have now fix the novacom issue but i am finding some ways to install the diag driver at the moment
    You will install it when the software ask, please don't hurry up!
    for some reasons, i seem unable to install the diag driver, it just doesn't show up after i plugged in my pre
    having followed the post with great interest I just downloaded the nextgen software. Installation seems to have gone well ... however, according to the manual I now need to access developer mode on my pre. With the phone sim locked I cannot seem to do this ? it seems to defeat the purpose to get a sim which works in order for the palm to be unlocked...?

it's a UK palm locked to O2
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post
    having followed the post with great interest I just downloaded the nextgen software. Installation seems to have gone well ... however, according to the manual I now need to access developer mode on my pre. With the phone sim locked I cannot seem to do this ? it seems to defeat the purpose to get a sim which works in order for the palm to be unlocked...?

it's a UK palm locked to O2
    you just need to type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and you can then turn on the developer mode no matter which palms you are using