Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    With all due respect I read the manual several times and uninstalled and reinstalled before posting.

And as for support, nothing as yet... this is a "low priority" request

The manual does NOT say anything about needing to search the C drive for this novacom. Nor should I have to, the programmer should have been able to check for this and install it but it was obviously beyond him/her.

The manual writer also assumed this was installed and working. This product should have been tested before shipment- a basic check on a non development PC would have sufficed.
    So after reinstalling the software bundle you still have the same issue with novacom?
    Can you put the path to your novacom installation in your PC account PATH reference youself?

I am not the support, so i just assume you have not read the manual, but it clearly says that it should be installed and running. Like for me, i am not on the developer machine and after installation of the listed items i had all working at once. So that's why i spend my time here trying to "polish" the installation process, because there are too many things involved and there is an excuse for me, because i am not a novacom developer.
    There will be another (not beta) release, that will cover all the bugs/errors. So nothing to worry about, your Pre will get unlocked anyway.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Barry, this line from the palm nv_items gives me a clear picture:

#Band Pref- Set flag for modem to choose correct bands based on HW.
    441,NV_BAND_PREF_I,0,255,255

So i guess there is a hardware difference despite on the firmware release.
    So you will not have to send a telcel pre to me

Whew! Although it would have been nice in the end to have a script that would allow a Pre to get 3G in EU or in NA, I'm gald I don't need to send another Pre overseas. Been through that once already with the folks at RSC.
    and thanks for confirming the different hw communication boards for EU and for NA is indeed true.

Thanks,
    Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Grab the one that's suitable for yours. It's a JAR file, so extract using a ZIP utility. You should find Novacom in one of the folders, forgot which. There are two versions one for 32 and other for 64.

More info here:
    Novacom on Windows - WebOS Internals
    Novacom with Windows 7 - WebOS Internals (deprecated, but has the paths)

Doctor is the official utility to restore to factory or revive a dead unit. You can use that as last resort to clean out any homebrew before warranty work.
    Many thanks Toni. I looked on the C drive and found that novecom is in fact installed in a directory "Palm Inc" so the problem lies in the software from nextgen. Tech support has just posted a new version updated in the last 3hrs but the same problem.
    Many thanks Toni. I looked on the C drive and found that novecom is in fact installed in a directory "Palm Inc" so the problem lies in the software from nextgen. Tech support has just posted a new version updated in the last 3hrs but the same problem.
    Your deduction is not necessarily correct. A lot of people have problems with novacom for different reasons. I've been using it for months, and the damn thing still auto updates every time I use it.

Did you try the re(install) from wosqi?
    So after reinstalling the software bundle you still have the same issue with novacom?
    Can you put the path to your novacom installation in your PC account PATH reference youself?

I am not the support, so i just assume you have not read the manual, but it clearly says that it should be installed and running. Like for me, i am not on the developer machine and after installation of the listed items i had all working at once. So that's why i spend my time here trying to "polish" the installation process, because there are too many things involved and there is an excuse for me, because i am not a novacom developer.
    There will be another (not beta) release, that will cover all the bugs/errors. So nothing to worry about, your Pre will get unlocked anyway.
    I uninstalled and download the NG_multi_unlock_client_palm_pre.exe 15mins ago. The version is still v17.0 and the problem is the same.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what "Can you put the path to your novacom installation in your PC account PATH reference youself?" means. Do you mean move the "Palm, Inc" directory to "my docs"?
  6.    #246  
    I uninstalled and download the NG_multi_unlock_client_palm_pre.exe 15mins ago. The version is still v17.0 and the problem is the same.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what "Can you put the path to your novacom installation in your PC account PATH reference youself?" means. Do you mean move the "Palm, Inc" directory to "my docs"?
    Yes the version should not be changed, because this error is just about letting your system know where the novacom is installed.
    So is it drive C:\ that you are using as the system drive?
  7.    #247  
    path = %PATH%;C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom
    this line helps, just open the command line and insert it, hit enter.
    replace C:\ with your system drive letter.
    I may be slight overkill but I solved previous Novacom problems by installing the WebOS SDK

Gx
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I may be slight overkill but I solved previous Novacom problems by installing the WebOS SDK

Gx
    Well now this problem should be gone, just adding it to the system PATH variable helps indeed.

Max,

Since the communications board in the NA GSM Pre has a different 3G chip than the 3G chip on the communications board in the EU GSM Pre, will that have any impact on the ability of this particular unlock solution as it is today to provide a proper unlock code for the NA GSM Pre's such as Telcel and AT&T??

Just thought about this. Hope you can ease my concerns.

Thanks,
    Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    path = %PATH%;C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom
    this line helps, just open the command line and insert it, hit enter.
    replace C:\ with your system drive letter.
    I remove the unlock software using the programme uninstall and then the novacom app from control panel. Reintalled the unlock v17 downloaded 55mins ago and then the novacom drivers when unlock said I must install. Again, I am locked in this pls install cycle

There is a directory "Palm, Inc\novacom" on my C drive and the path environment variable already contains "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom"

It must be something else.
    Max, while we're discussing hardware; there a tweak to enable different GPS modes on the Pre (one of which is standalone). The settings are on the gpsOne chip and it's accessible for cdma phones using QPST.
    However, when you connect a Pre GSM, the gpsOne tab is not displayed in QPST.

According to the Pre GSM specs, the gpsOne chip should be there, so if you have 5 minutes , could you write us a program to fix this on GSM devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Max, while we're discussing hardware; there a tweak to enable different GPS modes on the Pre (one of which is standalone). The settings are on the gpsOne chip and it's accessible for cdma phones using QPST.
    However, when you connect a Pre GSM, the gpsOne tab is not displayed in QPST.

According to the Pre GSM specs, the gpsOne chip should be there, so if you have 5 minutes , could you write us a program to fix this on GSM devices.
    Whoa nellie!

Max is really a s/w guy. My h/w question as it relates to this particular unlock solution takes some priority. We don't want to overtask Max with too many h/w issues to work at once!

J/K
  14.    #254  
    I remove the unlock software using the programme uninstall and then the novacom app from control panel. Reintalled the unlock v17 downloaded 55mins ago and then the novacom drivers when unlock said I must install. Again, I am locked in this pls install cycle

There is a directory "Palm, Inc\novacom" on my C drive and the path environment variable already contains "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom"

It must be something else.
    Ok leave the novacom installed and in DOS command prompt type in novacom.exe and hit enter. Let's see what will it bring up with.
    There is always something when you must deal with a third party software..
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    It means he will have 5 succesful unlocks
    Dude,

I second that.... It Works!
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Been holding my breath looking for an answer Max. Hope you're still online and can answer this for me!

Thanks,
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Max,
    Since the communications board in the NA GSM Pre has a different 3G chip than the 3G chip on the communications board in the EU GSM Pre, will that have any impact on the ability of this particular unlock solution as it is today to provide a proper unlock code for the NA GSM Pre's such as Telcel and AT&T??
    Just thought about this. Hope you can ease my concerns.
    Thanks,
    Barry
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Been holding my breath looking for an answer Max. Hope you're still online and can answer this for me!

Thanks,
    Barry
    Oh sorry, it was too many posts and i lost myself in it.
    So the answer is - NO, it will work.
    Wait hang on, I thought both were MSM6260, but only the transceiver chip is different for different bands, hence the configuration?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Wait hang on, I thought both were MSM6260, but only the transceiver chip is different for different bands, hence the configuration?
    In GSM you have QCS6260, it's the same core but HW part is different.
    Oh sorry, it was too many posts and i lost myself in it.
    So the answer is - NO, it will work.
    Ok, that's great news. Thank You.

In case you're starting to like the h/w questions, tomi666 has a GPS issue he wants to run across your brain:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2384046