Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Palm Pre Unlock, Unlock Palm Pre Network & SIM locks

1. I guess they forgot about the Telcel one... Mexico is part of "worldwide" as well, so if they make such a claim and can't unlock Telcel...
    2. What on earth is a Palm Pre Pro and Pixie??

Toni,
    I'm sure that nextgen's process works on Telcel Pre's. We wont know for sure until someone unlocks one. If it doesn't happen by Friday, I'll be the first one. For now, I've got an email off to B-E-A-S-T and am hoping he tests the process on one of his two Telcel Pre's today.

Max and I are discussing the possibility that the EU and NA Pre's use the same 3G chipset and therefore one could be tuned to operate on the other's 3G frequencies.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I use 3 computers, Vista, XP and Windows 7, and i cannot get it to work on all 3 of them.... I am in close contact with the Excellent support of NextGenServer...
    Same here, I'm on XP Pro Sp3 and cant get past "pls install novecom" (whatever that is) I installed the drivers, rebooted and same. Everytime I test for Novcom is says I must install, same when I hit unlock.

Any ideas?
    I bought the unlock and then recieved the confirmation email. In that email there is supposed to be a link that I copy and paste into my browser to get the software but IT IS NOT THERE?!?!

I've contacted support but can someone post the URL here?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Toni,
    I'm sure that nextgen's process works on Telcel Pre's. We wont know for sure until someone unlocks one. If it doesn't happen by Friday, I'll be the first one. For now, I've got an email off to B-E-A-S-T and am hoping he tests the process on one of his two Telcel Pre's today.

Max and I are discussing the possibility that the EU and NA Pre's use the same 3G chipset and therefore one could be tuned to operate on the other's 3G frequencies.

TTB
    To add fuel to the fire... didn't the earlier investigation confirmed the firmware inside the Telcel and O2 doctors identical? Maybe that's an indication?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgenserver View Post
    Just like to make clear that you are not talking about nextgenserver.com but the other companies mentioned.

More news to come for preCentral members later today.

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    So... it's been 6 hours now, where's the news?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

palmprespain could you post the URL you got to download the software?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    Same here, I'm on XP Pro Sp3 and cant get past "pls install novecom" (whatever that is) I installed the drivers, rebooted and same. Everytime I test for Novcom is says I must install, same when I hit unlock.

Any ideas?
    You can get Novacom in the webOS Doctor. Have you used homebrew before? If you have you already have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    palmprespain could you post the URL you got to download the software?
    http://www.nextgenserver.com/files/N...t_palm_pre.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You can get Novacom in the webOS Doctor. Have you used homebrew before? If you have you already have it installed.
    Hi, have pretty good IT skills but I am not a programmer. I have heard of homebrew but I use the phone for work and to be honest, we have had enough problems with the standard unit and thus have only installed official apps to date.

So, where can I get the webos doctor app? Is novacom a module within this or something I need to install?

Obviously the nextgen guys havent thought of non-technical users for their product. I just got an email back saying I have a ticket open "Priority low"!!
    Hi

All ok, the problem with requesting to install Novacom drivers is fixed, please uninstall any software installed with a download made before 16:28 15-04-2010, and download again, the new installer will add the required information to the system path if it does not find it.

As for news 6 hours ? will post in a while for you.

Thank you very much for your feedback and assistance from memebers, we appreciate it.

Also we forgot to mention, once you have read your code, if you happen to close the client before entering code in to the phone, you can log in here: Nextgen Code Server with your username and password to retrieve your codes.

Many thanks

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    Hi, have pretty good IT skills but I am not a programmer. I have heard of homebrew but I use the phone for work and to be honest, we have had enough problems with the standard unit and thus have only installed official apps to date.

So, where can I get the webos doctor app? Is novacom a module within this or something I need to install?

Obviously the nextgen guys havent thought of non-technical users for their product. I just got an email back saying I have a ticket open "Priority low"!!
    Download http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html

Select File > Options
    Select Attempt Novacom (re)installation

Perhaps that helps?

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Grab the one that's suitable for yours. It's a JAR file, so extract using a ZIP utility. You should find Novacom in one of the folders, forgot which. There are two versions one for 32 and other for 64.

More info here:
    Novacom on Windows - WebOS Internals
    Novacom with Windows 7 - WebOS Internals (deprecated, but has the paths)

Doctor is the official utility to restore to factory or revive a dead unit. You can use that as last resort to clean out any homebrew before warranty work.

13.    #233  

Hi,

The priority mark LOW means the email is not from an employee.
    So regarding the novacom - it should be inside of the archive you've downloaded.
    It was designed for a non technical people, so if you try and read the maual you will see it's pretty easy.
    Now, when it keeps telling you about novacom is not installed please wait the letter from the support, we met this issue and we found the way out.
    It's ok, we are happy to read your feedback, but i would just suggest to read the manual before and contact support since they are there to serve you!
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!

Yes we have fixed the problem please uninstall the software from the menu

START > All Programs > Nextgen Server > Multi Unlock Client > Uninstall

Please download again from here:-
    http://www.nextgenserver.com/files/N...t_palm_pre.exe

The problem you are having will be fixed by the new installer (as long as you have installed the Novacom drivers as described in the User Guide, you can test correctly with the button on the software now though)

Best regards

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd
    Last edited by nextgenserver; 04/15/2010 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Max, and NextGen,

Thanks for making this possible!

Thanks for Excellent support!!!

Forum readers: press THANKS om Max's posts.

Richard

Richard,
    Does that mean you have got a successful unlock?

Gx
  16.    #236  
    LOL
    Just realised - i also never read manuals
    And then i start bombing the supprt and i get realy angry when they do not reply immediately

So i understand you )))
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Richard,
    Does that mean you have got a successful unlock?

Gx
    It means he will have 5 succesful unlocks
    Well, shoot me in the foot!

Uh oh, I'm thinking Novacmd conflicts ....
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    The problem is novacom does not put itself in the PATH record by default.
    So it's not a problem at all.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by nextgenserver View Post
    Hi

All ok, the problem with requesting to install Novacom drivers is fixed, please uninstall any software installed with a download made before 16:28 15-04-2010, and download again, the new installer will add the required information to the system path if it does not find it.

As for news 6 hours ? will post in a while for you.

Thank you very much for your feedback and assistance from memebers, we appreciate it.

Also we forgot to mention, once you have read your code, if you happen to close the client before entering code in to the phone, you can log in here: Nextgen Code Server with your username and password to retrieve your codes.

Many thanks

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Hi,

The priority mark LOW means the email is not from an employee.
    So regarding the novacom - it should be inside of the archive you've downloaded.
    It was designed for a non technical people, so if you try and read the maual you will see it's pretty easy.
    Now, when it keeps telling you about novacom is not installed please wait the letter from the support, we met this issue and we found the way out.
    It's ok, we are happy to read your feedback, but i would just suggest to read the manual before and contact support since they are there to serve you!
    With all due respect I read the manual several times and uninstalled and reinstalled before posting.

And as for support, nothing as yet... this is a "low priority" request

The manual does NOT say anything about needing to search the C drive for this novacom. Nor should I have to, the programmer should have been able to check for this and install it but it was obviously beyond him/her.

The manual writer also assumed this was installed and working. This product should have been tested before shipment- a basic check on a non development PC would have sufficed.
  20.    #240  
    I gather you already have an EU GSM Pre.

OMG, Does that mean I am going to have to send you the brand new Telcel Pre I just ordered from Palm so you can take it apart to examine it's NA comm board ......
    Barry, this line from the palm nv_items gives me a clear picture:

#Band Pref- Set flag for modem to choose correct bands based on HW.
    441,NV_BAND_PREF_I,0,255,255

So i guess there is a hardware difference despite on the firmware release.
    So you will not have to send a telcel pre to me