Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    LOL My alter ego was sleeping by that time, and my main ego is so big, so there is no place for any "alter" one
    A bit like @geohot then
    LOL My alter ego was sleeping by that time, and my main ego is so big, so there is no place for any "alter" one
    People like you don't sleep.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    A bit like @geohot then
    but in my case i am just kidding
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Max

Im on my 3rd Pre because of faulty hardware. Each time Palm sends me back a different refurbished phone.

will i have to buy a new unlock each time I get a phone replaced or can my code be reused in some way?.

thanks
    Gx
  5.    #205  
    Max

Im on my 3rd Pre because of faulty hardware. Each time Palm sends me back a different refurbished phone.

will i have to buy a new unlock each time I get a phone replaced or can my code be reused in some way?.

thanks
    Gx
    I doubt i can answer this question...
    I am out of the support and i am about to leave this forum, so you can directly ask the support guys, they will answer any question.
    Well I think technically you're unlocking a different phone, so it'll be a hit or miss if they give you a free unlock for your replacement.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well I think technically you're unlocking a different phone, so it'll be a hit or miss if they give you a free unlock for your replacement.
    I would say i totaly agree with you.
    Ii am about to leave this forum, so you can directly ask the support guys, they will answer any question.
    Youre leaving?

Well, thanks and kudos for unlocking the Pre. It will make my life a lot less hassle without a Rebel SIM.

So whats next? 3GS or iPad??

Gx
  9.    #209  
    Youre leaving?

Well, thanks and kudos for unlocking the Pre. It will make my life a lot less hassle without a Rebel SIM.

So whats next? 3GS or iPad??

Gx
    You are welcome and thanks for your feedbacks.
    Yes i am leaving, what will be next we will see but this nobody will know again
    Boss told me to be in shadow
    No you're not going, at least not until you make a video to show that this works on the Pre Plus as well.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Uhhhemm , cough, cough

Max,

You can't leave here with unfinished business on the table, what about the possibility that the EU and NA communications boards might use the same Qualcomm chipset for 3G and therefore be tunable for either EU or NA use? You were going to look into that for me .....

regarding the boards - i look at the phone from inside. And what i see is - they use the same firmware, therefore it's same module but tuned to work with one or the other network. YET IMO!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I may be wrong, but I recall there are two different Qualcomm 3G chips used. One for the EU comm board, and the other for the NA comm board. If I am wrong, then then from your perspective, it's possible to get an EU Pre with a comm board tuned to EU 3G frequencies retuned for 3G NA frequencies of 850 / 1900? Maybe you can share how to do that with us?
    IRegarding the boards - i will take a deeper look into the issue, i hope to come up with some results- Like if to say - to be usefull to the community.
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Max

thanks
    Gx
    Technically each one will use a different unlock code because each one will have a different IMEI. Therefore you will have to run the software and get a new code from the server for each one. Probably should load up on credits from nextgen in advance while theres a PreCentral discount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I use 3 computers, Vista, XP and Windows 7, and i cannot get it to work on all 3 of them.... I am in close contact with the Excellent support of NextGenServer...
    Uh oh, I'm thinking Novacmd conflicts ....
    So you're not waiting for the AT&T one anymore? Since Vodafone and O2 is this month I won't expect AT&T to be too far off...
    Are you joking? The AT&T device will be a Pre Plus with double the memory and double the drive space. I'll give this one to my fiance when I am able to get my AT&T Pre Plus!

Besides, I also plan on unlocking the AT&T device to improve resale value when the Pre 2 hits the market!
  15.    #215  
    No you're not going, at least not until you make a video to show that this works on the Pre Plus as well.
    Oh that depends on many things, first if they order it then i will put my nose into this Plus minus one
  16.    #216  
    Uh oh, I'm thinking Novacmd conflicts ....
    The problem is novacom does not put itself in the PATH record by default.
    So it's not a problem at all.
  17.    #217  
    Uhhhemm , cough, cough

Max,

You can't leave here with unfinished business on the table, what about the possibility that the EU and NA communications boards might use the same Qualcomm chipset for 3G and therefore be tunable for either EU or NA use? You were going to look into that for me .....

TTB
    TTB
    Sure i won't leave the scene until the software will work smooth
    So i will try my luck, but i miss the board!
    First is we would need to find such a phone and get it into my hands to see what is really hidding there.
    TTB
    Sure i won't leave the scene until the software will work smooth
    So i will try my luck, but i miss the board!
    First is we would need to find such a phone and get it into my hands to see what is really hidding there.
    I gather you already have an EU GSM Pre.

OMG, Does that mean I am going to have to send you the brand new Telcel Pre I just ordered from Palm so you can take it apart to examine it's NA comm board ......
    Max, and NextGen,

Thanks for making this possible!

Thanks for Excellent support!!!

Forum readers: press THANKS om Max's posts.

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    I gather you already have an EU GSM Pre.

OMG, Does that mean I am going to have to send you the brand new Telcel Pre I just ordered from Palm so you can take it apart to examine it's NA comm board ......
    Palm Pre Unlock, Unlock Palm Pre Network & SIM locks

Is my Palm Pre supported?
    All GSM versions of the Palm Pre are supported worldwide !!
    (Palm Pre Pro & Pixie to come)
    1. I guess they forgot about the Telcel one... Mexico is part of "worldwide" as well, so if they make such a claim and can't unlock Telcel...
    2. What on earth is a Palm Pre Pro and Pixie??