Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/05/2012 at 12:20 PM.
  2. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #2  
    It wouldn't be possible to doctor to 1.4.1 o2 UK, because of the rebel block right?
  3. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I honestly don't know! I've never needed a RSC before, but now I'm getting one.
    Do you know any place where I can find an (old) o2 activation by-pass rom then? I'd make one myself, but I'm too lazy. Did it many times trying to get Vodafone 3G to work and getting sick of it (Palm)..

    EDIT: actually, I think I have a 1.1.3 o2 bypass rom myself. So you think this'll work:
    1. flash to 1.1.3
    2. activate o2 UK Pre set to UK with new profile
    3. update to 1.4.1
    4. change modem to older version to get rebel working

    ?
    Last edited by bruba; 04/02/2010 at 03:54 PM.
  4. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have two profiles created with a US CDMA Pre, which I later replaced with a UK Pre with Rebel sim in the US, before moving back to Europe.

    I'm currently running Sprint 1.4.0 and the phone doesn't show any updates (no 1.4.1.x).

    I don't know what this all means for my chances of getting a 'normal' paid app catalog. But it doesn't sound too promising.
  5. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #5  
    Ok, I've been doctoring for about 7 hours now trying to do this (it's 7am here). And I've come to: my Pre stuck in a boot loop.

    Somehow upgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.4.1 didn't work (got stuck during upgrade multiple times), so I'm currently on a version of 1.4.0, which doesn't boot (keeps booting) after login in to my new profile. Why do I always trick myself into doing this useless ****. **** Palm! /rant
  6. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #6  
    Ok guy from Nam.. It took countless hours of flashing and millions of reboots. But it seems like it did the trick. I'm now getting 825 apps and an option to fill in my creditcard.

    Unfortunately I didn't bring my cc to my parents for easter, but I'll try as soon as I get home. Netherlands is (as you know) in the list.

    The trick I used: create a new profile with the language set to the country the Pre came from.

    If I remember correctly, these were the steps/rules. They won't all be needed, but this is what I did.

    - never go into the app catalog until fully on o2 1.4.1
    - I used wifi mostly, but I don't think it's important
    - I flashed to 1.1.3, set my o2 UK Pre to English - United Kingdom, and created a new Palm profile (used 3G vodafone NL)
    - completed all the account setups with a gmail (contacts, mail, calendar, messaging)
    - Flashed to an 1.4.0 o2 bypass activation rom
    - run first use app and set language to EN - UK (reboot)
    - run first use again and set same language, login to new account (used wifi I think)
    - let it get all account info
    - confirm all account settings (contacts, mail, calendar, messaging)
    - update to 1.4.1

    NOTES:
    - used rebel sim
    - had to reflash modem firmware in 1.4.1 to 1.3.5.2 (see rebel topic, took 3 tries)
    - update 1.1.3 to 1.4.1 doesn't work
    - first use app disappears after setting language in 1.4.0. Took way too long to find a solution (change appinfo.json).

    That's about it.. Less mad at Palm right now..
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Ok guy from Nam.. It took countless hours of flashing and millions of reboots. But it seems like it did the trick. I'm now getting 825 apps and an option to fill in my creditcard.

    Unfortunately I didn't bring my cc to my parents for easter, but I'll try as soon as I get home. Netherlands is (as you know) in the list.

    The trick I used: create a new profile with the language set to the country the Pre came from.

    If I remember correctly, these were the steps/rules. They won't all be needed, but this is what I did.

    - never go into the app catalog until fully on o2 1.4.1
    - I used wifi mostly, but I don't think it's important
    - I flashed to 1.1.3, set my o2 UK Pre to English - United Kingdom, and created a new Palm profile (used 3G vodafone NL)
    - completed all the account setups with a gmail (contacts, mail, calendar, messaging)
    - Flashed to an 1.4.0 o2 bypass activation rom
    - run first use app and set language to EN - UK (reboot)
    - run first use again and set same language, login to new account (used wifi I think)
    - let it get all account info
    - confirm all account settings (contacts, mail, calendar, messaging)
    - update to 1.4.1

    NOTES:
    - used rebel sim
    - had to reflash modem firmware in 1.4.1 to 1.3.5.2 (see rebel topic, took 3 tries)
    - update 1.1.3 to 1.4.1 doesn't work
    - first use app disappears after setting language in 1.4.0. Took way too long to find a solution (change appinfo.json).

    That's about it.. Less mad at Palm right now..

    Nice to know. I want to try this, but Palm has changed or taken down several of the doctors. The links at Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals does not work any more for O2 1.1.3 and 1.4.0.

    Does anyone have a link to where I can download it?
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    So my first theoretical instructions actually made some kind of sense?
    OP updated. Good thing I'm getting a RSC this Tuesday!
    Too bad you were having problems with the appinfo.json file trick. Could've been solved in 1 minute.

    - Need confirmation on this: profile creation via cell data. Bruba?
    Yes, 99% certain it was data, since my 1.1.3 rom doesn't bypass the activation, but only has a modified carrier database (for Vodafone). But I don't think it matters, data or wifi. I would've used wifi if I could.

    Thanks again for the tip btw.
  9. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You're welcome. I think it actually does (cell data vs wifi).
    You're btw the first structured success story.
    I didn't enter my cc yet, fingers crossed..
  10. #10  
    want to try this but how did u log on to your palm profile after you flashed to 1.4 and 1.41?(as a rebel sim does not work and theres no wifi option?

    where can i get 1.1.3 from?
  11. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    want to try this but how did u log on to your palm profile after you flashed to 1.4 and 1.41?(as a rebel sim does not work and theres no wifi option?

    where can i get 1.1.3 from?
    I made 1.1.3 myself from the official (instructions on webos internals). PM'ed you about 1.4 rom.
  12. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #12  
    Confirmed, cc works, just bought some apps.
  13. #13  
    i cant beleave it it works and im in australia, all i need now is to reactivate my uk c/c to buy apps also just to you let you guys know that it let me update to 1.1.3 to 1.4.1.1 ota.
    make sure you turn off location services when your setting up your profile, if you dont live in a country thats on the listed countries (on c/c the details page)

    i wonder if im the first to get paid apps in Australia
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    i wonder if im the first to get paid apps in Australia
    I've had paid apps on a meta-doctored Sprint Pre from day 1 in Australia

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #15  
    If only I could understand the instructions!
  16. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    If only I could understand the instructions!
    I would simplify, but I don't know which steps are necessary. I'd say flash to a 1.4.0 activation bypass rom (1.4.1 if you can) and create a new profile with the phone set to the language and the country it came from.

    But if you don't understand the instructions, it might be best to wait a little until we know more (or Palm opens up the catalog to everybody).
  17. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Bruba! So the first time you logged into your GSM was in the US with one of your CDMA profiles. And this is actually the first time you created a new profile with this GSM device?
    I'm about 75% sure I didn't create a profile on this GSM device before. Although I doctored it about 100 times and had it for about 6 months..
  18. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hmmmm, that's kinda like "confirming the create first profile on a device rule"...
    I don't have much fate in all these rules until Palm confirms them or a reasonable amount of people use them. I would be surprised if Palm didn't connect my GSM Pre to the profile I used for six months. But all I know is these are the circumstances I successfully created profile with paid apps with.
  19. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I don't have much fate in Palm's support either. In my experience people at support say whatever fits their argument 99% of the time. I don't think Palm's is any different. It's not their fault, they just don't have the info.

    If you think the rebel sim helps, my carrier at 'Device info' > 'More info' says CARRIER: ROW. Whatever that means..
  20. Dani89's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #20  
    Okai.. Good job guys.

    But what If, and I dont know if anyone else has asked, The phone is a German Pre and I Don't own any German Sim card?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions