Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm guessing the BoGo offer probably has little or nothing to do with it, since VZW does offer the buy one... "get one free" or "get one half off" quite regularly.

When I recently purchased my VZW Pre Plus, the only way I found to get the promotional $149 pricing was to order directly from their website. You couldn't even get that pricing in the corporate or authorized reseller stores, which seems like a bad idea to me. Although it does sound like the reps need some real training on them anyway.

Verizon and Palm aren't helping themselves out any by not letting the store reps activate any of the Pre's for demonstration until the person actually buys them. Let's see how many people actually want to buy the devices basically sight unseen, or without seeing one actually work. Not smart. Let the people play with them. They are much more likely to want to buy something they've seen in action. Guess that might make too much sense.

Now the Pre Plus is $49.99 or a Pixi Plus for $29.99 and get one free on the website (with a 2-year). Wow. I guess I should have waited another month. I have to wonder if there is any way I can get the extra $100 back without returning mine under the 30-day trial... Oh well. Love the phone!! Sight unseen. Okay, so maybe not quite. I did download and play with the emulator for a couple of weeks before I pulled the trigger.
    I really don't care. More Pres\Pixis in the publics hands the better. Palm need to move product, to make new products. I waited in line for the Pre (Sprint) the day it was released. I'm still on my original Pre. Still looks and works like new. My wife has had her's since August. It is a great offer. People would be foolish to pass it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Say that after the Pre legitimately beats the vile Droid in an officially official internet poll!
    Legitimately? I wish that claim were true. Look at the posts by some people who not only encourage cheating (multiple votes) but actually give instructions on how to cheat on the polls.

If you have to cheat to win, you've already lost.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    This deal brought me into the smart phone world for the first time. I had 8 months left on my old regular flip phone. I was never going to pay 1 or 2 hundred dollars for a phone. I wonder how many people like me are out there waiting for a cheap way to start. I can't wait till Monday to get started.
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    This deal brought me into the smart phone world for the first time. I had 8 months left on my old regular flip phone. I was never going to pay 1 or 2 hundred dollars for a phone. I wonder how many people like me are out there waiting for a cheap way to start. I can't wait till Monday to get started.
    It's not the cost of the phone keeping people that i know from smartphones. It's the monthly cost.

Free hotspot app though makes that cost more bearable. Now if people only knew about it.. I'm surprised a bigger deal isn't being made about it. If apple and att threw in free wifi tethering....stop the presses right?
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    just want to know if this is true? source?
    You've had some tough times with your iPhone. I still have my 2G, and it's in great shape. I upgraded to the 3GS when it debut last June and this thing screams. It is very fast. If some of the rumors are true, I'll get the iPhone HD. I suggest you wait and see what I has to offer; then make a decision. I live in Arizona and don't have any AT&T issues. The service here is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Legitimately? I wish that claim were true. Look at the posts by some people who not only encourage cheating (multiple votes) but actually give instructions on how to cheat on the polls.

If you have to cheat to win, you've already lost.
    If you don't cheat you're not trying hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Irresponsible rumor unless you have a source to back it up.
    ok...

Verizon Will No Longer Promote Palm Pre Plus | Gadget Public Informations

Verizon Will No Longer Promote Palm Pre Plus | WorldTech24 | news 24h

Verizon Will No Longer Promote Palm Pre Plus | NewsCred - Create and Discover Newspapers About the Things You Love

would you like more links?

I also work in radio, and VZW told us to pull all Palm related spots and destroy them.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Every article you posted is the same, Quoting 1 article in the examiner LOL, pls find something better to do with your time.

I am sure Verizon got on the phone and said "destroy" them too, LOL
    Last edited by sjjones; 04/03/2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Every article you posted is the same, Quoting 1 article in the examiner LOL, pls find something better to do with your time.

I am sure Verizon got on the phone and said "destroy" them too, LOL
    Well come and get me next time you see a tv spot for the Pre. Then we will see who is laughing last.

the point is VZW isn't promoting it anymore, so it is up to us.

here search yourself...
    Let me google that for you
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I saw a new verizon palm commercial last night during the Late Late Show. It was the one with the mom and daughter at the mall but instead of showing blackberries at the end, they showed the pre and pixi at the new price, bogo and free hotspot. I have it on dvr.
    I just seen a verizon commercial for the palm pre plus yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by rtw819 View Post
    I'm guessing the BoGo offer probably has little or nothing to do with it, since VZW does offer the buy one... "get one free" or "get one half off" quite regularly.
    Absolutely. And BOGO makes perfect sense for Verizon regardless of the device: it creates two new lines instead of just one. And of course carriers are all about the lines, not the devices.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I saw a new verizon palm commercial last night during the Late Late Show. It was the one with the mom and daughter at the mall but instead of showing blackberries at the end, they showed the pre and pixi at the new price, bogo and free hotspot. I have it on dvr.
    Quote Originally Posted by digo21 View Post
    I just seen a verizon commercial for the palm pre plus yesterday
    There you go Mr. fastamx79 ? i assume you will say they are lying or they were the last ads to air?

I really laughed a lot when you posted those examples of "proof" don't think you even read them!

today the Verizon two for one offer locally here was for the latest BB Curve, again, they must purging those too?
    Can you please post that video of the commercial on youtube and put the link here, I'd like to see how it looks.
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    htt p://w ww.you tube. com/ watch?v=Cx4rsyDFiJc

I cant post links but just remove the space between the http
    Quote Originally Posted by digo21 View Post
    htt p://w ww.you tube. com/ watch?v=Cx4rsyDFiJc

I cant post links but just remove the space between the http
    That's an older commercial without the updated pricing, is there one with the new prices on youtube?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmwebos View Post
    Can you please post that video of the commercial on youtube and put the link here, I'd like to see how it looks.
    I can use the pre to record the commercial off my tv but it'll have to wait until I get home. It's a new voice-over on mostly old footage except for showing the new pricing.
    I can use the pre to record the commercial off my tv but it'll have to wait until I get home. It's a new voice-over on mostly old footage except for showing the new pricing.
    Ok thanks, I'll be looking forward to seeing it
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Here it is:

Sorry about the audio, if the volume is too low, I can record it again. I'm surprised how well the video turned out though. If anyone has tips on recording off a tv, let me know.

ps free bk spot too
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast