1.    #1  
    Alrighty, as some of you know, my launch-day Pre took a dive into my cup of green tea the other night. A quick battery pull and some time spent in a bag of rice recovered the Pre to semi-functional status.

What doesn't work so far:

1. Power button takes a few presses to turn it on.

2. Gesture area seems to double-register. Up-swipes load the unload the Launcher, left-swipes do a variety of funky things, etc.

3. Button doesn't work, although it does light up.

Anybody have any last-minute ideas for me to try before I take it in for an insurance swap (I have TEP) and pay my $100? Also, can I do this in a Sprint store or do I need to go directly to Asurion?

Edit: Already been to the doctor, by the way...

Thanks!

Mark
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Probably since it is a liquid based incident that has caused the issues, you will probably have to go through the insurance company directly. What they will have you do is fill out the info form on the website and then fax it into them(or email it if you have access to a scanner) and then they will review it to make sure it's legit. That usually takes about half a day or so and then they will send your replacement out and you send yours back.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I personally would give it a good long dunk in distilled water, then repeat the rice drying process. With the battery out, of course.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Call sprint and tell them about the issues but act like you don't know why they are happening. If you stay on the phone for long enough they should send you a refurbished Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zx3junglist View Post
    I personally would give it a good long dunk in distilled water, then repeat the rice drying process. With the battery out, of course.
    I was thinking about that... Could be that the green tea is the problem, and this step would wash out any areas where it's causing an issue. Could also completely kill it, but then I'd be no worse off than I am now.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewarm View Post
    Call sprint and tell them about the issues but act like you don't know why they are happening. If you stay on the phone for long enough they should send you a refurbished Pre.
    I'm not looking to cheat Sprint. This was my mistake, pure and simple--no reason someone else should pay for it.