Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'm hoping someone can help here, but I have a suspicion this is a hardware issue.

I'm trying to place a call. Fist sign of wierdness was that there was no tone when I pushed the buttons. Then when I put the phone to my ear I can't hear anything. I tried calling the phone from another line and it rang but I couldn't hear anything on the other end. However, when I put my earphones in the phone works just fine.

I'm suspecting the phone thinks my headphones are still plugged in. When I pull them out and put them back in the volume icon never appears along the bottom of the screen as usual.

I've tried restarting Luna and the device and uninstalling patches, and I'm thinking about doctoring, but that's a last resort. Anyone have similar issues? Ever?
    I had this same issue about a month ago, and the fix is really simple. Long story short, Sprint tech support bumped me over to their advanced team, who eventually bumped me over to Palm support, where I finally got what I needed. Palm's technician said to slowly remove your headset from the jack whenever you use it; if that doesn't work, slowly repeat the process a few times until the phone shows you're back into headset mode. Hope this helped.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Get ready for 20 replies telling you to do a search.....well 19 now.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Sorry, I tried to search evrything I could think of. Guess I'm not too creative!! Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help here, but I have a suspicion this is a hardware issue.

I'm trying to place a call. Fist sign of wierdness was that there was no tone when I pushed the buttons. Then when I put the phone to my ear I can't hear anything. I tried calling the phone from another line and it rang but I couldn't hear anything on the other end. However, when I put my earphones in the phone works just fine.

I'm suspecting the phone thinks my headphones are still plugged in. When I pull them out and put them back in the volume icon never appears along the bottom of the screen as usual.

I've tried restarting Luna and the device and uninstalling patches, and I'm thinking about doctoring, but that's a last resort. Anyone have similar issues? Ever?
    Same issue took it to sprint and they replaced with no questions asked..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol