1.    #1  
    the flashlight patch is not working,anyone have any ideas why??
    Yeah, Install "SysToolsMgr Service"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Yeah, Install "SysToolsMgr Service"
    just did,and still say error... and now it won't uninstall. Damn!
    Have you fully restarted your device? Then my next advice would be to maybe remove the patch and reinstall it.

Also, do you have a Pre or Pixi? Won't work on Pixi.
  5.    #5  
    A pre,cant uninstall from phone so will try to do later on my computer,and yes I did two restart and a batt pull.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Rush you need to install the LED manager service
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Rush you need to install the LED manager service
    nope, LED Service is only used by PreGame's flashlight app. My LED Torch app (which has more features ) and all my flashlight patches use SysToolsMgr

To the OP, if the patch install says "ERROR" in the device menu, that means SysToolsMgr is either not installed or not running. Try rebooting your device and it'll work for sure.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8.    #8  
    did it and is working now,dont know what happen.... Thanks for all your support.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just had the same problem. I checked that SysToolsMgr was installed and then did a reboot and the error went away. working great.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Systoolsmgr is installed for me and have restarted several times while I'm adding patches (just doctored phone--updated to 1.4.1 so that's not it either) Still getting error for flashlight....will try some more troubleshooting to attempt narrowing down possible issues and post back in a bit.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    was able to uninstall and reinstall the tools patch. Re-added megamix and everything is functional now. Sounds like there may be some Preware glitches floating around right now, based on the trouble we are having with the 'hide' app patches.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Ok- now I can't install "flashlight in menu" or "video camera light" (both have sys tools mgr) on my newly acquired refurb (think it's my 7th or 8th). What am I doing wrong? it's driving me crazy!

All other patches have installed without issue. Tried restarting the phone but didn't work.

Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5

this is the error I got...

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr_0.3.0_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.3.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 403 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2205
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    The 404 means it's not finding the URL. There have been a few other posts about it, it seems Preware and WebOS QI may be having some problems, tonight.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    Ok- now I can't install "flashlight in menu" or "video camera light" (both have sys tools mgr) on my newly acquired refurb (think it's my 7th or 8th). What am I doing wrong? it's driving me crazy!

All other patches have installed without issue. Tried restarting the phone but didn't work.

Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5

this is the error I got...

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr_0.3.0_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.3.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 403 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2205
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

You have to do it manually thru WebOSQI right now. The developers can go into more detail, but apparently there's a problem with the ipkg's or something right now (sorry, I'm not exactly sure).

I had the same problem because I just had to Doctor to 1.4.1.1 and then OTA to 1.4.5 and was getting your same errors when reloading my patches.
    Just got a brand new phone from Sprint store and it's my 9th replacement (latest was due to a bad speaker). I installed Preware from Quick Install v3.14 and then tried installing the Sys Tools Mgr and it gave me the same error that I mentioned above. No other patches had been installed. Tried installing my other patches without an issue but I still can't install the patch through Quick Install or Preware which means no flashlight in device menu or Light for video camera. can anyone please explain why this is still not working?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    nope, LED Service is only used by PreGame's flashlight app. My LED Torch app (which has more features ) and all my flashlight patches use SysToolsMgr

To the OP, if the patch install says "ERROR" in the device menu, that means SysToolsMgr is either not installed or not running. Try rebooting your device and it'll work for sure.
    This thread remined me of a thread I made a while back, care to reply?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t-respond.html
    Getting "server redirect too many times" when trying to dl systools from preware ;( Tried all suggestions + still nothing. Have the entry in the drop down with "error" next to it.