1.    #1  
    How do you update your Palm profile so that you can restore recent data in case something goes wrong (as it happened to me during last OS update) and you have to erase everything and re-connect to your original Palm profile?

Did I make sense? Hope so. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    How do you update your Palm profile so that you can restore recent data in case something goes wrong (as it happened to me during last OS update) and you have to erase everything and re-connect to your original Palm profile?

Did I make sense? Hope so. Thanks
    what do u mean by recent data? examples?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    If you want to do a manual backup of your information, click on the backup app, on the last page of the launcher.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    If you want to do a manual backup of your information, click on the backup app, on the last page of the launcher.
    I never use that but now you make me notice it I see it's set to back up every day so no issue there.

By data I mainly mean my contacts, the last time I updated the OS it all went pear shaped and I had to reset everything and sign up to my Palm profile as I did when I purchased the thing, doing so I lost the newest contacts, solution for the next time it'll go pear shaped again (because it will with this phone)?
    yea, it backs up once a day, so in theory any contacts that you add since the last backup will be lost, but everything before that would be there. If you are going to be updating the OS, or doctoring, the best thing to do is to just do a manual backup first, or just use another service for your contacts, like google, which is what I do.
  6.    #6  
    My question is, and that's what I don't understand, when you doctor your phone Palm makes you sing up and you recover all the contacts you had when you registered your profile with Palm, can't I update that profile every now and then without messing around with backups and 3rd parties?
    there is nothing to update. it backs up every day. When you add a contact to your palm profile in your phone, it just goes to your palm profile, automatically.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    if you are using google as your primary contact profile your contact info remains current when backed up every day - your question is somewhat confusing
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    there is nothing to update. it backs up every day. When you add a contact to your palm profile in your phone, it just goes to your palm profile, automatically.
    Not sure it does, last time I resigned to Palm I realised I had lost all newer contacts.