1.    #1  
    Tried several times over the past day to download the 1.4.1.1 update. The DL appears to start and complete, however I get a "failed validation" message and told that this is usually remedied by trying again later.

Anyone else get this?
    i got it once but it worked the next time I tried it a few minutes later
    I have been getting the same error message since Wednesday! Does anybody know what I should do? I feel like tossing this pre...but it's too nice a phone so wont do that...lol.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Try searching but this thread may help... (thanks if so)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...te-failed.html
    Try downloading the update via EVDO...
    I remembered others having similiar failed validation issues with previous WebOS updates. They were able to resolve the problem by either waiting it out - eventually an update will validate in a day or so; OR they disabled their WiFi connection and downloaded the update via EVDO. Even though the later sounds counter intuitive, I tried it and bingo - validation success after the first download via EVDO. Go figure...

PS: It may have something to do with my home wifi router (DLink DIR655 - which I think also was the culprit with battery drain post 1.3.5).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sskoga View Post
    Try downloading the update via EVDO...
    I remembered others having similiar failed validation issues with previous WebOS updates. They were able to resolve the problem by either waiting it out - eventually an update will validate in a day or so; OR they disabled their WiFi connection and downloaded the update via EVDO. Even though the later sounds counter intuitive, I tried it and bingo - validation success after the first download via EVDO. Go figure...

PS: It may have something to do with my home wifi router (DLink DIR655 - which I think also was the culprit with battery drain post 1.3.5).

I tried this too, thinking it may have something to do with a wifi-evdo conflict and it downloaded and installed just fine. Thanks!
    Run Webos doctor and then update it.