Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Just recently I have noticed my data signal changing over to 1x, even when I have a stronge home network signal. This started after the 1.4.1.1 update. I don't know if the update is to blame or prehaps the roaming only patch I have installed. Anyone else having data change issues? Thanks
    In the phone app prefs, switch it to 'Sprint Only'.
    It got switched to 'automatic' in the update.
    Same here, I switched to evdo only and missed a bunch of texts. If its in evdo only do text messages still come through?
    This isn't new to me, but I've always kept mine on Automatic because I have a weak signal at home. In automatic your phone will not always be able to get an EVDO signal so it will switch to 1XRTT which is the next fastest available setting.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    this happened to me and I noticed its on 'automatic' but I thought thats what it always has been since you can jump onto another carriers signal if no sprint is avail?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I've been getting this on and off on my VZ phone running 1.4
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK so what gives? I have full bars and my phone is still on 1x? I usually get good signal at work, and earlier i wasnt recieving calls they were being sent straight to VM. Something isnt right. I even did a prl and data update still to no avail... any ideas?
    mine was doing the same thing the other day, BUT I was on 1.4.0. I'd say it is the network and not related to the update.

BTW I'm on Sprint and this was on tuesday that it happened. After an hour or so, all was back to norm.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    you know whats weird... I had my phone charging via USB when it was on 1x and i just plugged it to a wall outlet and now its EV w/ full bars again.. this si strange? coincedence maybe but i doubt it.. I am also on sprint as well.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    try updating network settings and PRL? 1.4.1.1 came with PRL 60662 but newest one is 60663
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Same here, I switched to evdo only and missed a bunch of texts. If its in evdo only do text messages still come through?
    There are a other threads you can search for that have covered this topic in great detail. EVDO means no 1xRTT which means you lose incoming phone call notification as well as incoming text messages because they come through on 1xRTT. I think you can make outgoing calls with EVDO only, though. Some people have claimed using Hybrid Rev 0 instead of Hybrid Rev A helps with unexpected switching from EV to 1X, but YMMV.

I think this is fundamentally a problem with Sprint's network (I assume you are on Sprint) and has happened to many people since the phone was introduced.

Another thing you can try is to update your PRL from the Phone->Preferences page.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Network and PRL are already updated. Pre restarted. This is new to me since the 1.4.1.1 update. I can have full Sprint service, be running EVDO and randomly switches to 1x. I know I can set it to Sprint only, but the if there isn't EVDO service, I won't have any at all. So I think "Sinime" maybe right and this is related to Sprint services and not the update. If so it should correct itself. It's been going on for 2 days, so lets see....
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Ummm...being on 1x does not stop you from receiving, making, phone calls or texts. Just means everything run a lot slower (over 1x). When roaming on VZ tower you are running data at 1x. From time to time calls will be pushed to voice mail. I believe that's due to the service. I noticed that while roaming and at 1x sometimes I will miss calls, but it's rare.
    it hasn't happened to me before 1.4
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I hear ya. I know that some forums reported bugs afte the 1.4 update, with data switching. PreCentral even wrote about it, stating that people had to do network updates everytime to get EVDO back. I never had the problem until 1.4.1.1. So it leads me to believe that either Sprint is doing maintanence or something, or a patch (maybe roaming patch) though able to be applied with the new update, maybe conflicting with the data service. Anyone having this issue who doesn't have "roaming patch" applied?