Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Then it looks like the droid needs new hardware as well.

Palm needs a 1ghz smartphone, or at least, most of us would like to see one.
    No, it needs it. People keep saying it has the same guts as the Droid, but Verizon's already about to launch a post-Droid lineup of Android phones (their recent commercials now push the apps of the Android market way moreso than the actual Droid device) in the next 30-60 days. T-Mobile has the HD2 and Nexus One. Sprint will have the Evo, Nexus One and the Galaxy S. AT&T...'nuff said. On top of that Droid is not only faster than Pre out of the box, but it also overclocks higher.

I can only chuckle at the suggestions that Palm doesn't need to change much for their next device. "Pre" is a tainted brand now being sold at Verizon at fire sale prices just 60 days after launching there. You don't want to make a sequel to that anymore than moviegoers want to see Green Zone 2 or Surrogates 2. Whatever the next WebOS device is - should there actually be one - Palm does not need to evoke the Pre or Pixi in any way, shape, or form aside from the mandatory gesture area.

Everything else from the guts to the screen size to the finish/materials to the resolution should be very, very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No, it needs it. People keep saying it has the same guts as the Droid, but Verizon's already about to launch a post-Droid lineup of Android phones (their recent commercials now push the apps of the Android market way moreso than the actual Droid device) in the next 30-60 days. T-Mobile has the HD2 and Nexus One. Sprint will have the Evo, Nexus One and the Galaxy S. AT&T...'nuff said. On top of that Droid is not only faster than Pre out of the box, but it also overclocks higher.

I can only chuckle at the suggestions that Palm doesn't need to change much for their next device. "Pre" is a tainted brand now being sold at Verizon at fire sale prices just 60 days after launching there. You don't want to make a sequel to that anymore than moviegoers want to see Green Zone 2 or Surrogates 2. Whatever the next WebOS device is - should there actually be one - Palm does not need to evoke the Pre or Pixi in any way, shape, or form aside from the mandatory gesture area.

Everything else from the guts to the screen size to the finish/materials to the resolution should be very, very different.
    I agree with you i think with all these new phones coming out pre is turning into old news and there is just too much competition palm needs to come out with another bang and other form factors. Its ridiculous to think that you can out shine other phones with just two devices wich are basically the same form factors.

Sprint evo
    nexus 1
    Iphone 4g
    htc HD2
    Are all real competitors with attractive prowess. Hate to say it but we need more apps to be ported from iphone to gain leverage. There are far too many silly apps that are all repeated. Im not hating on developers but I want to see attractive apps that are fast intuitive and are useful. Not farting apps. Skype, shazaam, actual banking apps from banks, utility apps budget apps. Like i said not windows 95 apps some even look like windows dos apps. So The SDK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.

If the fact that the sprint Evo is making other people from other carriers already jump ship how much more so will people from sprint who have pre's. I mean the evo has real guts with a fairly matured os with a from a proven handset maker.

Palm needs a new handset NOW. And also needs to improve webos drastically as far as pim, customization, apps speed, fluitdity, and a ui facelift. Some one said webos equates to windows 95 i tend to agree but i love the simplicity its genuis i have to say. palm has awesome potential a ton more than android. I wish palm was not in this financial situation i know that is holding them back too.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have a relative that works for Sprint and he mentioned there is supposedly a nother 4g phone coming to Sprint possibly by the end of the year. There have been some rumors that it may, I repat may be a new Palm phone. Unfortunately the department he works with has nothing to do with upcoming products. Who knows there have been far crazier rumors come true.
    The Palm Pre is going on almost a year now which is a lifetime in smartphone years, with that being said my launch day Pre is still performing well, meeting all of my needs. I am looking forward to the next platform coming from Palm and future releases of webOS, IMO by far the best mobile software in the industry.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12