1.    #1  
    i just went to reply to mobile hot spot thread and see it is closed? why?

Anyway I did get it up and running on my sprint 1.4.1.1 running at 800mhz.
    I did get the "Auth Error not allowed by your carrier" but the program continues to work

Is there anything in our sprint contract which disallows tethering? can they tell if we keep to under 5gb?
    is there an easy way to check data usage?

sprint will be fools if they try to hold back on tethering seeing what verizon has done. if they give me any problems on my bill i will be jumping to verizon which has better service but has been more expensive, before this
    Last edited by lite blue; 04/01/2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: typo
  2.    #2  
    sorry about typo in title but can not edit it
    oh well
    they want to sell their new 4g mobile hotspot rather than tethering through phones
    yea i have a sprint pre too and i installed mobile hot spot but i dont get any errors when i turn on mobile hot spot i never even got the errors when i first installed, am i the only one?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    i just went to reply to mobile hot spot thread and see it is closed? why?

Anyway I did get it up and running on my sprint 1.4.1.1 running at 800mhz.
    I did get the "Auth Error not allowed by your carrier" but the program continues to work

Is there anything in our sprint contract which disallows tethering? can they tell if we keep to under 5gb?
    is there an easy way to check data usage?

Sprint will be fools if they try to hold back on tethering seeing what verizon has done. if they give me any problems on my bill i will be jumping to verizon which has better service but has been more expensive, before this
    This has been discussed from time to time,I have been using tethering for about 6 years,and never have received any notification from sprint.

I never use more than 100MB per month,i have heard from people who have received a bill for $5,000,probably they have abused the data usage.

Quote Originally Posted by jred7o7 View Post
    yea i have a sprint pre too and i installed mobile hot spot but i dont get any errors when i turn on mobile hot spot i never even got the errors when i first installed, am i the only one?
    I installed it with no problem.

Using 800Mhz and Jason's IP forwarding patch.
    Last edited by mad_cow; 04/01/2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_cow View Post
    Using Jason's IP forwarding patch.
    What does this do exactly? Laymen terms please.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    so how do you get the mobile hotspot on sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    so how do you get the mobile hotspot on sprint?
    same here, i've been searching the threads. anyone know where the ipk is?

its called com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all
    thats all i know
    I had mobile hotspot on Sprint before and when I upgraded to 1.4, I wasn't able to use it and haven't tried it until the palm catalog upgraded mine from 1.0.3 to 1.0.14. I could now turn it on but do not receive an internet connection.

anyone else with this issue?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Tethering does violate your contract if you are doing it without the consent of Sprint. They use to have PAM plans for tethering, which will be returning with the 4g network.

Sprint also has no real way of telling if you are tethering, but if they do find out you are responsible for paying for every kb used.