Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Another pre with issues, presumably caused due to patching. My pre is stock and missed calls never, random restarts never, some bugs yes......hmmm. Most people with the worst issues use preware,patches,homebrew,ect and yet others report no issues. I'm seeing this all too often around here, does anyone think possibly most of this is due to patches or improper installation of them?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Another pre with issues, presumably caused due to patching. My pre is stock and missed calls never, random restarts never, some bugs yes......hmmm. Most people with the worst issues use preware,patches,homebrew,ect and yet others report no issues. I'm seeing this all too often around here, does anyone think possibly most of this is due to patches or improper installation of them?
    I thought this at one point, but everyone yelled at me and said that my assumptions on that were wrong so I didn't ask anymore.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well I'm not exactly trying to point a finger, it just seems patching is almost always involved in the phone in question. I see it constantly around here, really just curious what you and anyone else thinks about that.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    And for the record even tho I don't tweak my pre, I do think the homebrew community is huge for palm and the evolution of webOS as well as the end users.
    i plugged in my pre to a solar charger and fried it -- had to go back to to my 755p for a couple of days while waiting for a replacement -- the first hour or so i thought that i missed the phone -- (mostly for the keyboard) but after a couple of random resets i was sick of it and after 3 days away from the pre i realized what a good operating system that it has

Rob
    I was just streaming from Pandora.....My phone just shut off in front of my eyes....I want Palm to Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    none of my prior palm OS phones or pda's had any problems...we're talkin IIIxe, m505, tungsten E, TX, and 700p. So don't know what you're talking about.
    Lucky you... I went through 7 M505s because of either unstable OS, problems charging, or messed up screens. Then Palm sent me a M515 and I had issues too. I gave up.

Then went to the Pre in June and it was great, 1.0.3 for me was much more stable than 1.4.1 (at least with 1.0.3 I never missed calls, or had my txt/email alert tones mute themselves at random, and the fun, 'is my phone going to reboot itself when I wake it from sleep' issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    ...but it seems that WebOS is slowly turning into Palm's Garnet OS in terms of bugs and overall dependability.

The reason why I left Palm in 2007, although loving their technological forwardness, is that the Garnet OS suffered from constant random resets, missed/late calls and texts, and background processing instability (Wow this is like Deja Vu).

I really thought that with them starting from stratch with WebOS that they were finally gonna get it right. But instead Garnet just got a boob job, a tummy tuck, a couple shots of botox and changed her name.

Now WebOS IS a beautiful and feature rich OS...but with the OBVIOUS hardware and more complex and elegant OS differences aside...I'm interested to know what you guys think about this.
    My Pre resets like mad. I thought the same thing you did as recently as yesterday.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12