Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i have just doctored 1.4.1 in my pre with my 800mhz patch uninstalled.

However, I found it is as smooth and quick as with 800mhz installed
    Anyone with the same experience?
    April fools? jk

I did the same and it does seem to run faster, however i did find couple bugs that annoyed me. First is, new patch fixed the graphical side of the volume bug, but it's still there. While making phone calls i get alot of static that it's very hard to continue a conversation. Later i figured out that it didnt show the volume toggle, but kept jumping from headphone mode to speaker mode (if anyone is having same problem and can't figure it out, check the speaker button while making a phone call. It will blink as if it was pushed repeatedly). Second problem is, while using music app phone does luna reset. Maybe doctoring it will help but if it doesn't.... well i probably take the phone back to sprint and get it replaced.

O ya this is my first post after months of reading precentral. I love my phone but I love it more because of the precentral community. I've got tons of info and patches to make the phone more workable. Thank you all~
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    if it runs better stock just think how much better it will run at 800 with 1.4.1
    yes, but if you put that 800mhz patch back on, your pre will truly by flying!
    my phone is faster I had the patch installed I thought I still had to the patch installed after the update but I don't loll
    Every update someone makes a post like this... "OMG, it's so much faster!"

It's never true.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    yes, but if you put that 800mhz patch back on, your pre will truly by flying!
    I really want to but i am too scared to miss calls again as in webos 1.40
    I learnt that patching 800mhz will revert some of the bugs that have fixed by 1.4.1

I am scared to dead!!! Maybe wait for few days to see if any issues about missing call bugs in webos 1.4.1 with 800mhz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post

It's never true.
    Maybe not for you
    performance and stability is definitely improved with this update. You must be on crack if you don't noticed the difference. It's even more noticeable with the 800 patch. Palm is feeling the heat so every update going forward will be better. Much improvement from launched.
    It's much faster. My phone app loads with no card flash. My other apps are between 1-2 flashes. and I have had NO card errors while opening games. 1.4.1 is the best update yet.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I agree that performance and stability seems to have improved, perhaps even by a good percentage. Though the OP just re-did his phone, give it 24 hours and it will have slowed some just as mine did. I agree, right after the update there were several parts of the phone that felt as it did with the 800MHz kernel, not so after 24 hours.

It's never true.
    Hey there mister glass half empty, perhaps it's faster and you just don't want to admit it
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    will the app kill the browser?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    1.4.1.1 is not flying, but it does fly with 800 MHz patch!!!!... Sometimes, apps are opening directly without any flash cards.... And I must say, 800 MHz patch is more compatible with this update!!
  15.    #15  

It's never true.
    You has your reason and I totally understand. Even me didn't expect a lot before.
    Too sad that Palm made us feel this way.
    1.4.1 is faster especially pulling up the dialer. It's not lightning fast like the 800mhz but it got better than 1.4. I wouldn't be surprised if palm boosted it to 600 mhz. Doubt it but wishful thinking.
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 04/02/2010 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    i have just doctored 1.4.1 in my pre with my 800mhz patch uninstalled.

However, I found it is as smooth and quick as with 800mhz installed
    Anyone with the same experience?
    Strangely, I felt almost the same... It wasn't *quite* as smooth, but it was remarkably close. I like this update.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    1.4.1 + 800 Mhz patch = smokin! Its like a new phone! Thanks developers
    I don't care about the improved speed, but I haven't had a "Too Many Cards" error yet, even playing HAWX constantly.
    I concur with the subject.

Actually, this is on webOS 1.4.1.1 on Sprint.

I did a webOSDoctor and haven't reinstalled Preware or any patches.

Even though I had the 800MHz patch, I don't think I will be doing any more patches, homebrews, preware for some time and see how stable things are.

I actually "love" preware and the homebrew community, but I spent a good part of the day restoring things after my 3G/EV went down (as in, I lost data connectivity) on my phone.

I had to doctor it, get all my emails, contacts synchronized and my apps redownloaded. Interestingly most of the apps updated including some that I downloaded when they were free, but are no longer free. Some of the benefits of being an early adopter.

Anyway, I had to spend another 5 hours re-unlocking cars and maps on Need for Speed....

Now, things appear smoother and faster!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast