Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everything updated fine and all of my patches EXCEPT the Browser Multi Mod updated fine once I went into Preware and updated them.

The Multi Mod Patch won't update NOR will it let me remove it.

I've restarted Luna and reset my phone and it still won't update or remove.

Any advice?
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    im having the same with 2 other patches. will be watching this thread.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Same here. This patch is stuck and forced me to update each patch one by one. I couldn't remove it with WOSQI either.
    same here with the multi mod patch. What's the deal? Looking at the log is says "unreversed patch detected"
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Me too.
    Looks like the only recommended advice is run EPR and start all over to properly remove this stuck patch.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-patch-14.html
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Me too.
    Looks like the only recommended advice is run EPR and start all over to properly remove this stuck patch.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-patch-14.html
    While I didn't have the issue with Multi Mod (worked fine for me) I had it with SMS Tones Per Contact and your comment is correct. Thus far the only (comparatively) easy fix is to EPR and reinstall all patches. If you are good at programming and importing/exporting files to the command line you can just replace the broken codes, though (I'm not...heh).
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    [QUOTE=Freshyz;2352196]Me too.
    +1 I did the EPR. Only thing that sucks is you have to install each patch manually cause mine didn't show in update.

[url]
    This seems to happen with a handful of patches right after updates. I know a couple of my patches wont update or remove. If you just leave it be and wait for the patch maintainer to update it and you should be fine. If it's not messing up the phone in any way, why bother removing it?
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    This seems to happen with a handful of patches right after updates. I know a couple of my patches wont update or remove. If you just leave it be and wait for the patch maintainer to update it and you should be fine. If it's not messing up the phone in any way, why bother removing it?
    I can wait but now when I try to use the 'Tweak' section in QI, it scans this broken patch, gives an error and will not allow me to access Tweaks..?

I really don't want to re-install 60+ patches.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    same problem here. Also with "No Alert During Call" and "No Auto Off While Charging"
    EPR should work.

Takes a fair amount of time.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    EPR??..are you kidding me..this is getting out of control..i really don't wanna re-install 40 patches one by one all over again
    Last edited by papla; 04/04/2010 at 02:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Everything updated fine and all of my patches EXCEPT the Browser Multi Mod updated fine once I went into Preware and updated them.

Any advice?
    I had this problem as well (unable to update or remove this particular patch).

In my case, removing the other browser patches I had installed allowed me to remove and then reinstall the Multi Mod patch (after a Luna restart).

To be clear, I just had to remove the *browser* patches, not any of the other ones I had installed. I was also able to reinstall the patches I had to remove.
    same error for me
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post
    I had this problem as well (unable to update or remove this particular patch).

In my case, removing the other browser patches I had installed allowed me to remove and then reinstall the Multi Mod patch (after a Luna restart).

To be clear, I just had to remove the *browser* patches, not any of the other ones I had installed. I was also able to reinstall the patches I had to remove.
    Same here. I had a similar problem with the name pages patch and as directed by a post in that thread, i removed all launcher related patches and then was able to update the named pages patch and reinstall the other launcher related patches.

So when it came to the multi mod, I did the same thing. I removed all other browser patches and then updated the multi mod and reinstalled the other patches without issue.

AUPT is great but for whatever reasons some of the patches conflict and get frozen when OS gets updated. But uninstalling all of the patches that affect that part of webos (launcher, browser, etc.) seems to fix the issue. Much easier than removing all patches.

I wish that preware broke down installed patches by category the way it does for available patches. It would make the troubleshooting even easier. That's just a nit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post

Any advice?
    My solution was to remove the 800 mhz kernel, make the update with preware and reinstall the 800 mhz kernel.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    EPR??..are you kidding me..this is getting out of control..i really don't wanna re-install 40 patches one by one all over again
    I didn't either but that's what it took to finally fix everything. Wasn't so bad...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    All the way since I first started messing about with patches, I thought Preware could use a way of flagging them (and apps) so they could be batch-installed/removed.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    I wish that preware broke down installed patches by category the way it does for available patches. It would make the troubleshooting even easier. That's just a nit though.
    Yes, I agree, that would make it easier. At least for now you can go by the icon in the installed patches list.
    Works fine for me under 1.4.1.1, except the period key no longer does page up. Anyone else had this issue?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast