Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    I have all this install and my WiFi keeps shutting down sometimes when the Pre goes to sleep. Then when the Pre wakes, the Wifi comes back on. I turned on the setting to keep WiFi on at all times, but that doesnt seem to keep WiFi on at all times! Wifi was fine yesterday after i installed 1.4.1.1 but after i "turned on" MHS today, Wifi started to disconnect when screen shuts off again. Im so frustrated, i dont know what to do. I dont want to accept my WiFi this way. I want it to say on like it always did.
  2. #2  
    Come on, this doesn't need a new thread in the Palm Pre section.

    Why do you have all of those installed? Use either MyTether OR MHS. Uninstall both and reinstall ONE of the programs. Both work fine on 1.4.1.1, but you can't have all of them installed because they may conflict. All I know is that I'm wifi tethering as I type this, not a single issue. Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    does it shut off after you leave it for a longtime?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Come on, this doesn't need a new thread in the Palm Pre section.

    Why do you have all of those installed? Use either MyTether OR MHS. Uninstall both and reinstall ONE of the programs. Both work fine on 1.4.1.1, but you can't have all of them installed because they may conflict. All I know is that I'm wifi tethering as I type this, not a single issue. Thanks.
    This thread concerns my WiFi connecting..not why My Tether doesnt or MHS doesnt work. I paid for My Tether, so theres no point not using it, if i paid for it.
  5. #5  
    No, not even with the screen off. I have paid MyTether and was using it until earlier today. Then I read MHS was working so I uninstalled MyTether and followed the instructions for MHS in the OP here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ot-spot-6.html

    Follow those instructions after removing everything and restarting your device and you can't go wrong.

    Please read up on stuff before constantly making new threads, thanks in advance.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    This thread concerns my WiFi connecting..not why My Tether doesnt or MHS doesnt work. I paid for My Tether, so theres no point not using it, if i paid for it.
    Ok? Well if you really paid for MyTether then go get your support for it on the Donor Forums. Your personal wifi/tethering issue shouldn't be in the "Palm Pre" category.

    Either route you can tether and wifi works fine too. Like I said, BOTH work FLAWLESSLY, wifi works flawlessly. Please read.

    You're lucky anyone wants to help you at all acting like that.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 04/01/2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Had to add bold font
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    No, not even with the screen off. I have paid MyTether and was using it until earlier today. Then I read MHS was working so I uninstalled MyTether and followed the instructions for MHS in the OP here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ot-spot-6.html

    Follow those instructions after removing everything and restarting your device and you can't go wrong.

    Please read up on stuff before constantly making new threads, thanks in advance.
    Dude...simple english...My Tether and Mobile hotspot works flawlessly. I was just wondering why PHONE's wifi connection keeps getting disconnected when the Pre sometimes goes to sleep. It does it sometimes..Not all the time, but it didnt do it until it actually "turned on" mobile hotspot.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Ok? Well if you really paid for MyTether then go get your support for it on the Donor Forums. Your personal wifi/tethering issue shouldn't be in the "Palm Pre" category.

    Either route you can tether and wifi works fine too. Like I said, BOTH work FLAWLESSLY, wifi works flawlessly. Please read.

    You're lucky anyone wants to help you at all acting like that.
    Actually you're the one attacking me. Im simply just asking if anyone else has the same issue...And you resulted to telling me that there are threads for it already. Im trying to explain to you that my situation is quite different.
  9. #9  
    Yeah I got that.... And I said with either of the tethering apps installed that the wifi still functions flawlessly so your issue is personal.
    I understand what you're saying and it's an easy fix. If you weren't such a *&^% then your problem could already be fixed.

    Good luck becase you'll need it.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the help. Hopefully this actually helps the situation. I'll report back with the good news..
  11. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I have all this install and my WiFi keeps shutting down sometimes when the Pre goes to sleep. Then when the Pre wakes, the Wifi comes back on. I turned on the setting to keep WiFi on at all times, but that doesnt seem to keep WiFi on at all times! Wifi was fine yesterday after i installed 1.4.1.1 but after i "turned on" MHS today, Wifi started to disconnect when screen shuts off again. Im so frustrated, i dont know what to do. I dont want to accept my WiFi this way. I want it to say on like it always did.
    im pretty sure you can't use all of them at the same time, or at least have them installed all at the same time and expect them all to work correctly.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  12.    #12  
    Thats not what im saying..i dont even have any of them on...I just turn mobile hotspot on and then turned it back off...from that moment..my Pre's WiFi started messing up.
  13. #13  
    Well I hope it's good news. I think we were both a little unclear in our posts. I just recommended that first because it just makes since that one or both of the apps combined are probably the culprit, so it's the logical place to start.
  14. #14  
    I don't know if I would say it works flawlessly.

    The first my tether versions around July were more reliable for me.

    I also have the paid, donor version.

    Is there a specific process that you always go through? I will enable my tether, sometimes my laptop connects, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes my zune will connect, sometimes I get a DHCP error.
  15.    #15  
    As good as that may have sounded MJKJR...It didnt work. My WiFi still shuts off.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I have all this install and my WiFi keeps shutting down sometimes when the Pre goes to sleep. Then when the Pre wakes, the Wifi comes back on. I turned on the setting to keep WiFi on at all times, but that doesnt seem to keep WiFi on at all times! Wifi was fine yesterday after i installed 1.4.1.1 but after i "turned on" MHS today, Wifi started to disconnect when screen shuts off again. Im so frustrated, i dont know what to do. I dont want to accept my WiFi this way. I want it to say on like it always did.
    .....theres a setting under the WIFI app in the menu. wifi sleep settings. change this and itll stay on
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    .....theres a setting under the WIFI app in the menu. wifi sleep settings. change this and itll stay on
    Trust me. I changed that setting a longtime ago. The setting has always being on stay on. And, if you read carefully, you'll see that i stated that the problem happens sometimes...not everytime
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Trust me. I changed that setting a longtime ago. The setting has always being on stay on. And, if you read carefully, you'll see that i stated that the problem happens sometimes...not everytime
    ahh i seeeee. long day at work, so ive just been skimming the topics. my mistake
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    ahh i seeeee. long day at work, so ive just been skimming the topics. my mistake
    Its ok ...Are you able to view patches on Preware?
    Preware doesnt let me see patches. It shows themes and apps.
  20. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #20  
    hehe i duno, im pretty sure wifi has always been been programed to shutoff when you turn off the screen to save power and come back up when you wake it up. prolly 1.4.1.1 changed something and the auto on patches or apps are broken a little bit.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions