1.    #1  
    I'm not sure about the keyboard yet. Quick overview
    1st - Backlight was bleeding on the edges (left side)
    2nd - Stuck pixels (blue)
    3rd - Faulty keyboard
    4th - Keyboard is better, but I want it to have break-in time before getting excited. The screen however is bleeding backlight on the lower right corner, which if the keyboard is ok will have to suffice for now.

I feel like I'm swapping the phone for other defective phones...seriously what is up with Palm's QA?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkahl View Post
    I'm not sure about the keyboard yet. Quick overview
    1st - Backlight was bleeding on the edges (left side)
    2nd - Stuck pixels (blue)
    3rd - Faulty keyboard
    4th - Keyboard is better, but I want it to have break-in time before getting excited. The screen however is bleeding backlight on the lower right corner, which if the keyboard is ok will have to suffice for now.

I feel like I'm swapping the phone for other defective phones...seriously what is up with Palm's QA?
    lol i did the same **** i stuck with my 5th one i think lol

All of them are like that, even the 5th one i didnt like the way the power button felt, it was to in.

As far as the screen goes every single one will have bleeding, if this one doesn't bleed as much as the others then keep it. Also when the temprature on the phone gets hot the bleeding occurs more.

It's not all Palms fault as led/lcd screens are all prone to bleeding even my laptop bleeds. like i said if the screen doesnt bleed as much keep it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i agree, i'm starting to think the issue with the screen may be just how the phone is made. with the gesture area at the base and one single piece of plastic as a cover the phone really is put together seemingly different than any other. i think i would stay put, i had a similar story with a dead pixel and now i'm totally happy with a little bleeding of light. i like webos so much it really doesn't matter to me as long as the phone works.
    yea couldn't agree more, its just such an amazing OS that i don't care that my screen bleeds anymore lol or that my phone cant slide open with one hand because it feels like the slider will break lol
  5.    #5  
    WebOS is the best on the market, no argument there. My last Pre Plus...that gets shipped back has no bleeding at all

The keyboard is so bad that I can't live with it. I spend more time correcting than I do typing.

The current bleeding is annoying but doesn't really get in my way. If the keyboard is good then I can live with it.
    On to the fourth one for me but there is no other phone verizon I would use.
    1st one had amazing build quality and a great keyboard but I could cook food on it. The 2nd was a piece of crap it literally broke like the slider which didn't shocck me. This 3rd ones keyboard has problems. Those were all wthin the 30 days so now I get a refurb :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    On to the fourth one for me but there is no other phone verizon I would use.
    1st one had amazing build quality and a great keyboard but I could cook food on it. The 2nd was a piece of crap it literally broke like the slider which didn't shocck me. This 3rd ones keyboard has problems. Those were all wthin the 30 days so now I get a refurb :-(
    Don't feel too sad. I am on my 5th Sprint Pre. This 5th one being a refurb and it has been the best yet!
    My fourth is bad too! I got my 3rd directly from Palm. My corporate customer service guy told me that the 4th one would be perfect and if it isn't he'd get me a brand new one. Well the 4th one has the same **#*ing keyboard problem! When I spoke to him today he actually retracted that he'd send me a new one and urged me to wait for the Verizon 1.4.1 which "probably" will fix this issue. THe amazing thing was he told me that "he doubts a brand new in box phone would fix the problem". I told him how disheartening it is to hear the manufacturer say that a brand new unit of their flagship product probably wouldn't work. This is more than a scattered incident folks. It seems like they no longer have confidence that a perfect Palm Pre Plus even exists.

Do we have any lawyers on this board?
  9.    #9  
    Add a loose slider mechanism to the list too. I love WebOS but this is getting ridiculous.