1.    #1  
    Ever since I installed 1.4.1.1 when I hit the updates button, it says that application updates are now available. I hit show updates and it takes my to My application and their are no updates. I tried a weather program a few days ago and then uninstalled the program, but I ran updates before the update and everything was fine. I am trying to figure out if it is something I did or is it a more wide spread problem.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Go to the app catalog and click on the shopping bag. This wil bring up the list of apps you have installed. The install update button should appear. Click on it to install updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobags View Post
    Go to the app catalog and click on the shopping bag. This wil bring up the list of apps you have installed. The install update button should appear. Click on it to install updates.
    This is a known issue that happened with the the 1.4.0 update I believe. Palm knows about it. If the above suggestion does not work, then the cause is usually an app that you had previously installed and then removed. The app gets updated and your phone still thinks you have the app installed, but you don't.

Short version: Re-install whatever app you recently uninstalled, in your case it was probably the weather program. Once it's installed, if you don't want it, you should be able to remove it with the "press orange button and tap on app" and then delete it.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have added all my deleted apps and it still is a problem. Thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    I have added all my deleted apps and it still is a problem. Thoughts.
    The 2 methods mentioned in the previous threads are the only known fixes that I've run across. Did you open the app catalog, click on the shopping basket and see if any updates show up?

If not, then maybe there is still an app that you may have previously installed, deleted and forgot about.
    I've seen it come and go, the other day before 1.4.1 it for once didn't say app updates are available. I think it's nothing more than crappy programming. Woops, did I say that?
  7.    #7  
    I tried everything, even installing the weather program. Something tells me there are updates that are just not showing up yet, that are trickling in. By tomorrow I will see if this is a problem. This happened to me also on 1.4.0, and finally the updates actually showed up a day later.
    I fixed it by running WebOS doctor.
  9.    #9  
    I installed every program that I had uninstalled, to no avail. Is the only way to fix running WebOS doctor. Once you load profile, won't all the old information be saved? Would doing Full erase do the same thing or should I use WebOs Doctor?
    It's kinda inconvenient installing everything again, but a clean install tends to fix issues 90% of the time. Just remember to uninstall all the apps you don't want anymore, then back up (us the app on the third screen for it) and copy everything in your media folders (the stuff you see in USB mode) onto a backup device (it shouldn't be erased by WebOS Doctor, but you never know).

Really though, clean installs are good at indicating if it's a software/OS/hardware issue, because it it survives the wipe, then it's probably a hardware or OS issue, and not an app issue.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    It's kinda inconvenient installing everything again, but a clean install tends to fix issues 90% of the time. Just remember to uninstall all the apps you don't want anymore, then back up (us the app on the third screen for it) and copy everything in your media folders (the stuff you see in USB mode) onto a backup device (it shouldn't be erased by WebOS Doctor, but you never know).

Really though, clean installs are good at indicating if it's a software/OS/hardware issue, because it it survives the wipe, then it's probably a hardware or OS issue, and not an app issue.
    So would you use WebOS Doctor or the full erase in the phone?
    WebOS Doctor, as it replaces all your system files (which could be corrupted causing the issue).
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    WebOS Doctor, as it replaces all your system files (which could be corrupted causing the issue).
    Thanks.

I will probably do it over the weekend, once I back up everything.