Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I am trying to connect to my company's intranet via wifi connection.

    The security protocol is WPA2 with TTLS-PAP support.

    Do I select Enterprise as a security protocol for this? Does Palm Pre support the above security protocol?

    I seeing the following error regarding certificate. Can someone please help?

    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Folks any info on this? I really need to get this working. I have horrible sprint coverage at work and I need wifi to be connected to the company's intranet. thanks,
  3.    #3  
    does anyone know the answer here? Thanks
  4. #4  
    i'm looking for my post, but you need to get the certificate. I got mine from my laptop by exporting it via the certificate manager. Then going to the pres device menu and installing the certificate. It breaks the chat though in 1.4 and above. So messenger wont connect.
  5. #5  
    Yep, same problem at my job. You have to export the certificate on another computer, copy it over to your pre in USB mode, then go into device info and 'load' the certificate.

    And you have to do it after every update so I stopped doing it a long time ago, don't care anymore.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Yep, same problem at my job. You have to export the certificate on another computer, copy it over to your pre in USB mode, then go into device info and 'load' the certificate.

    And you have to do it after every update so I stopped doing it a long time ago, don't care anymore.
    its really not that bad. The certificate stays on your phone, and I don't think i have to do it after every update.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info. But does the enterprise security protocol imply WPA2 w TTLS-PAP support? T
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    i'm looking for my post, but you need to get the certificate. I got mine from my laptop by exporting it via the certificate manager. Then going to the pres device menu and installing the certificate. It breaks the chat though in 1.4 and above. So messenger wont connect.
    Thanks for the info. But does the enterprise security protocol imply WPA2 w TTLS-PAP support?
  9.    #9  
    Can somebody send me a template/sample of this security certificate? I will get the corresponding info required from my company's network administrator. Thanks.
  10. #10  
    interesting, I will have to try this when I go back to work tomorrow. I've been trying to use the iphone provided one, but no luck.
  11.    #11  
    Is the security certificate associated with the vpn client program that I have installed on my laptop to connect to my company's network? It is not clear whether the security certificate is generic for palm pre and then fill in company specific proprietary login info or the security certificate is specific to each company's vpn software or something else?

    Please provide clarification if possible. Thanks
  12. #12  
    I don't know what kind of protocol my university uses, but the WiFi in the dorms uses WPA2 Enterprise, and my Pre is able to connect just fine (after registering with the IT department). The only problem I have is occasionally, I have to re-enter my username and password.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    I don't know what kind of protocol my university uses, but the WiFi in the dorms uses WPA2 Enterprise, and my Pre is able to connect just fine (after registering with the IT department). The only problem I have is occasionally, I have to re-enter my username and password.
    Did u install the security certificate?
  14. #14  
    Curious to know if anyone has solved this problem without having to install a certificate? My IT dept. claims that they've got no cert. installed, not even a self-signed one, and that it certainly isn't required. All of the iPhone's, Android phones, Macs and PCs don't appear to require a certificate either. Also, I don't see any RADIUS or other relevant certificate listed in my Keychain on Mac OS 10.6.3 for the same network. Is there anyway to get webOS to ignore whatever it thinks is a certificate check and behave like all other OS's out there? Not being able to communicate with my intranet all day at work reduced the usefulness of this phone which I otherwise love.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPrichard View Post
    Curious to know if anyone has solved this problem without having to install a certificate? My IT dept. claims that they've got no cert. installed, not even a self-signed one, and that it certainly isn't required. All of the iPhone's, Android phones, Macs and PCs don't appear to require a certificate either. Also, I don't see any RADIUS or other relevant certificate listed in my Keychain on Mac OS 10.6.3 for the same network. Is there anyway to get webOS to ignore whatever it thinks is a certificate check and behave like all other OS's out there? Not being able to communicate with my intranet all day at work reduced the usefulness of this phone which I otherwise love.
    I have the same problem. I haven't been able to make any headway. We need very clear procedure as to what is required and what steps to follow.
  16. #16  
    I was able to connect my Pre to my company's secure Wi-Fi network. I'm running Windows XP. If you have a Mac, sorry, good luck.

    Here's what I did.
    First, I got my laptop connected. I had to have my local desktop support configure that.

    Once I did that, I had a certificate on my laptop.

    Next, I found the certificate and exported it into a folder. I found a good Microsoft web site with instructions for managing your certificates on your machine --
    Windows XP - Manage Certificates

    After that, I connected my Pre via USB, copied the certificate file on to it.

    Then I ran device info, from the menu selected “Certificate Manager…” tapped the “+” on the screen and the certificate appeared. I selected it, and it brought it in.

    Once I had the certificate, I went back to Wi-Fi preferences, clicked on my company’s secure SSID, and I connected.

    It turns out that our Wi-Fi router only allows access to our exchange e-mail, but I'm working that out with our network administrator.

    Hope that helps!

    p.s. My iPod touch accepted the certificate with no export required.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    It turns out that our Wi-Fi router only allows access to our exchange e-mail, but I'm working that out with our network administrator.
    The problem with access to external sites turns out to be related to proxy support. Auto Proxy is not supported in webOS. Oh well, maybe in webOS 2.0
  18. #18  
    If you're willing to invest some time in accessing Linux on your phone the proxy problem can be circumvented. In principle the 3G connection is always up, even when you are connected to a wifi network. When you are connected to wifi the wifi connection has precedence over 3G. This can be changed. This means that you can route network traffic to the internet over 3G, and network traffic to your company netrwork over wifi.

    I did this as follows:

    edit
    /etc/pmnetconfig/if-up

    add as last line in this file
    /bin/run-parts /etc/network/if-up.d

    Now, add a new file in the directory
    /etc/network/if-up.d
    e.g. "company"

    The contents of this file should look like this:

    #!/bin/sh

    ssid=`/sbin/iwgetid -s`
    if [ -z $ssid ]; then
    exit
    fi

    if [ $ssid == "<SSID of company network>" ]; then
    /sbin/route add -net 10.10.0.0/16 eth0
    /sbin/route del default eth0
    fi


    The network after "-net" should match the network segment that your company uses (or al least: where the servers are)

    The result is that your "default route" is now the 3G interface only.

    Maybe someone can make this idea into a real app. One drawback, btw: since both radio's are now used all the time, it drains your battery pretty fast.
  19. #19  
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's easier just to "forget" that SSID and go back to using the Sprint network while in the office. I think I'd be more comfortable if there were "a patch for that."

Posting Permissions