Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would someone tell Palm that the transition screens are silly..and down right slow and annoying...I cant imagine someone designing this and thinking it was cool Please tell me differently. Will they every change or do away with them? Please let me know which upgrade will do it..I will keep my palm until then...I might go Pixie because of these stoopid screens!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnsd View Post
    Please tell me differently.
    Ok, I disagree completely. Seriously, I like em.
    They're useful too. Can switch apps or kill an app before
    it has finished starting if it was started accidentally.
    Having *some* sort of visual status is almost always better than none.

ian
    I disagree,,i love em and think they are cool.
    Would someone tell Palm that the transition screens are silly..and down right slow and annoying...I cant imagine someone designing this and thinking it was cool Please tell me differently. Will they every change or do away with them? Please let me know which upgrade will do it..I will keep my palm until then...I might go Pixie because of these stoopid screens!
    But how do you really feel about it?
    I really like it.. Before I wasn't sure if it was frozen or just slow..
    What's a transitions screen? Splash screen?
    I bet most people either like this or really don't mind or don't care either way. To make this something to gripe about seems to me,,in my opinion,a stretch.
    Only thing that bothers me is when it hangs on the splash screen and the app never starts.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    It's funny. When people are sitting and waiting for applications to load without any feedback, like in 1.3.5, they complain that there's no way to tell if you actually tapped on the application or not.

When Palm addresses that in 1.4.0, people are complaining that they don't like it.
    I think the splash screen would look ALOT better if it had a CLEAR backround.
    I saw somebody here do that last month.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 04/01/2010 at 11:26 PM.
    You can downgrade to WebOS 1.3.5 and not have to deal with it. I actually really like the splash screen. Why do you think they are so "stoopid"?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's funny. When people are sitting and waiting for applications to load without any feedback, like in 1.3.5, they complain that there's no way to tell if you actually tapped on the application or not.

When Palm addresses that in 1.4.0, people are complaining that they don't like it.
    That's precisely why I'm happy I don't design products for a living. It must be endlessly frustrating living in a damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't world.

Unless you're Apple, of course, in which case everybody loves what you do, no matter what.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Wait? Doesn't the Pixie do the same thing? Why would you go to that phone instead.

Also, if you don't like it just avert your eyes for 1-4 seconds, it's not like they're doing any harm and from a design and UI stance they are a large improvement.
    launch point has a clear splash screen now,,thats my favorite one
    I think this person have a serious problem... Lmfao.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I love the splash screens as stated above you can kill a program before it even starts if you hit it on accident. Also I use the flashes to see if I'm running slow and just how fast the 800 patch makes my phone. It's awesome when you don't even get a splash screen. That's when you know your smoking.
    Actually, we all complained to Palm to add those so users knew something was happening and didn't keep tapping their phone thinking it had frozen.

It doesn't add to the launch time, and it adds the same value as the little hourglass does for a PC.
    Well that's pretty good Lynnsd . Your first post and you complain about the transition screens. If that's the worst thing you can find on the Pre, then it must be pretty good for you. LOL
    And from what I've seen, the iPhone and the Droid have some kind of load screen while programs are loading.

And yes, even on the fancy new Droid, some programs need a couple of seconds to load.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Seems like a "drive by" post to me. One post and he's gone.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast