Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    Odd. That's gotta be the single most requested feature, feedback on whether or not a new app just froze the phone solid.

    /shrug Can't please everybody.
  2. #22  
    yea were always getting t-rolled on here...

    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Seems like a "drive by" post to me. One post and he's gone.
  3. #23  
    -waits for the 'April fools!' OP post-
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Wait? Doesn't the Pixie do the same thing? Why would you go to that phone instead.
    Ha ha YES!!! I was LMAO when I read that.

    If this thread was titled "The splash screens make me scream!" I wouldn't have read it. I was wanted to see what these "transition screens" were all about. Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my night OP, this thread was stoopid
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnsd View Post
    Would someone tell Palm that the transition screens are silly..and down right slow and annoying...I cant imagine someone designing this and thinking it was cool Please tell me differently. Will they every change or do away with them? Please let me know which upgrade will do it..I will keep my palm until then...I might go Pixie because of these stoopid screens!
    The only way that this post could make any sense is if you thought that the program had to wait for the transition to complete before running. That is not so. What you have is something happening to fill in the time until the program is ready to run. A good thing, in my opinion.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I think the spalsh screen would look ALOT better if it had a CLEAR backround.
    I saw somebody here do that last month.
    I have done that for the next-gen YT2V that should function properly (if I can get the new YouTube format to return a good URL--they changed it again to prevent apps like YT2V).

    Basically, you just replace the normal splash screen with a transparent PNG and have the splash screen app icon set to a transparent PNG as well.. Makes it look nice.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I think the splash screen would look ALOT better if it had a CLEAR background.
    I believe the developer can control the contents of the splash screen.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I believe the developer can control the contents of the splash screen.
    Thanks RJ: *splash.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I have done that for the next-gen YT2V that should function properly (if I can get the new YouTube format to return a good URL--they changed it again to prevent apps like YT2V).

    Basically, you just replace the normal splash screen with a transparent PNG and have the splash screen app icon set to a transparent PNG as well.. Makes it look nice.
    Yes it does.
    It would be nice to see for all the splash cards automatically.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I think the splash screen would look ALOT better if it had a CLEAR backround.
    I saw somebody here do that last month.
    Their is a theme called "Palm" that has this. I thought this came with the 1.4.0 update cause i've been using it before then. Apparently not.
  11. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #31  
    maybe op isn't taoking about the splash screens. Maybe he is talking about the transition screens. Ex, when in contacts and you click a contact, it has a half second animation where it "fade" or "expands" into the contact. Not sure if I know how to explain this, but it happens throughout webos and makes things feel slow.
    anyone else know what I mean?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    maybe op isn't taoking about the splash screens. Maybe he is talking about the transition screens. Ex, when in contacts and you click a contact, it has a half second animation where it "fade" or "expands" into the contact. Not sure if I know how to explain this, but it happens throughout webos and makes things feel slow.
    anyone else know what I mean?
    Yeah, but I still think the OP was talking about the splash screen and didn't know what to call it.
  13.    #33  
    Well, I read everyone's comments...I guess I am just ADHD and hate waiting for much of anything and when I am using my phone want to get on with it. I am long time user of Palm phones. hated the Treo but waited for the Centro then waited for the Pre and am Happy I did..love the phone..

    Thanks to all for the feed back and information
  14.    #34  
    See post for today...I guess I am just addicted to speed!
  15. #35  
    So, Lynnsd, I suspect that you've learned a couple of things, based on all of the responses:

    1) The precentral community is very active and responsive (though not always the most genteel).

    2) The splash screen doesn't actually delay anything, it just give you something to look at while the application is launching. In previous releases of WebOS, when you tapped on an application, nothing happened, leaving you wondering whether your tap actually "took."

    So...

    What you're really asking for is for WebOS to have a snappier response, which is a very common complaint about WebOS, and which Palm "chips away" at with each release.
  16. #36  
    If you don't like the splash screens, you haven't had your Pre long enough before they implemented it. You have no idea how it aggravated me to no end when I would have no idea if an app I launched didn't actually launch.(this is especially true of Tweed which has an extremely long load time and I kept on my wave launcher)
  17. #37  
    although i feel her pain, the " OverClocking " patch shorten the load time to almost nothing sometimes... is it safe to reload the " OverClocking " now for the 1.4.1 now ?
  18. #38  
    the splash screens only slow the loading of the app. I hit the right button over 90% of the time so i dont need palm making me wait longer than necessary for the app to open... how ****ing dumb of palm to add a splash screen. I would fire the dev or exec that approved such a dumb *** change that slows down the operation of the device!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnsd View Post
    Would someone tell Palm that the transition screens are silly..and down right slow and annoying...I cant imagine someone designing this and thinking it was cool Please tell me differently. Will they every change or do away with them? Please let me know which upgrade will do it..I will keep my palm until then...I might go Pixie because of these stoopid screens!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    the splash screens only slow the loading of the app. I hit the right button over 90% of the time so i dont need palm making me wait longer than necessary for the app to open... how ****ing dumb of palm to add a splash screen. I would fire the dev or exec that approved such a dumb *** change that slows down the operation of the device!
    you hit the right ap 90 percent of the time? that is 10 to the bad that you could swipe away saving you minuets every day -- the splash screen adds no more then parts of a second to run and the gain out weighs that loss. Palm did it to answer the majority of its customers who were asking for something like this say 90 percent of the time
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions