1.    #1  
    My friend was getting a refurb Pre, so for kicks I doctored it back to 1.1. Oh my, that thing was ROUGH. Head-scratching lag, myriad of missing features, stuff that just didn't work, etc. It truly does feel like a completely different phone.

However, I remember thinking it was still super slick those many months ago.

So had the Pre launched with a WebOS in a similar state to where it is today, how much better do you think it would have sold?

Or would the marketing failure, lack of apps, and perceived hardware issues have kept it in a similar position?
    yes, I think so many more pres would have been sold if they came with 1.4.1, much snappier, paid apps VIDEO.
    i don't think so. look at iphone sales. they didn't have all the bells and whistles when the first iphone was released. they still sold millions of units, and continued to do so.
    @Sweetnessinfall, but let's face it--like it or not, the pre is in a post-iPhone world. A lot more people use it as the be-all-end-all for smartphones. If IT has it, the competition should, or something better. So apps, video, exchange, all matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    @Sweetnessinfall, but let's face it--like it or not, the pre is in a post-iPhone world. A lot more people use it as the be-all-end-all for smartphones. If IT has it, the competition should, or something better. So apps, video, exchange, all matter.
    I agree that the iPhone raised the bar for new competitors. I also think that the initial iPhone was much more polished than the original Pre. Steve Jobs is known for creating a great user experience, and using it to obscure product problems. That's part of his magic.

If the Pre had come to market first or had a pitchman as good as Jobs (suggest the ShamWow guy is what we need) the Pre might have been ok.

But the way things worked out, I think Palm would have needed a great marketing program to overcome initial weaknesses. Now that the product is stronger, I keep hoping their marketing will improve, now that WebOS is something to brag about.

"It's a sorry dog that doesn't wag his own tail".

Brownie points for anyone that knows who said that...
    lol , he said 1.4.1.1 ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

"It's a sorry dog that doesn't wag his own tail".

Brownie points for anyone that knows who said that...
    Judge Griffin Bell former Attorney General of the United States
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    if only we could predict the future... Love the improvements though. ;-)