1.    #1  
    I'd mentioned to HardBeatz that 1.4.1.1 didn't fix the issue with displaying large images in the Web browser. I was going to send him some links via PM, but I dropped my launch-day Pre in my cup of green tea (swear to God, what a freak accident) and it hasn't recovered yet.

So, if you've noticed the problem and can identify some example sites, please PM them to Hardbeatz so this issue can be added to the bug fix for the next update.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    sry to hear about your pre wynand.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I'd bet more than a dollar that the displaying large images in the browser issue isn't a bug. It's a decision by Palm to manage the memory. My thinking of their thinking is that if the browser isn't loading all these giant, memory-hogging images, then there's more memory for the rest of the device.

I happen to completely disagree with that decision. That is why I'm happy there is a patch that removes that limitation. I also, therefore, have to remember that it may result in more TMC errors, which I sometimes forget.

EDIT: Sorry about your Pre, too. Hopefully it recovers without smelling like a petting zoo.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    sry to hear about your pre wynand.
    Thanks. I'm in mourning... What's the first stage? Denial?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I'd bet more than a dollar that the displaying large images in the browser issue isn't a bug. It's a decision by Palm to manage the memory. My thinking of their thinking is that if the browser isn't loading all these giant, memory-hogging images, then there's more memory for the rest of the device.

I happen to completely disagree with that decision. That is why I'm happy there is a patch that removes that limitation. I also, therefore, have to remember that it may result in more TMC errors, which I sometimes forget.

EDIT: Sorry about your Pre, too. Hopefully it recovers without smelling like a petting zoo.
    HardBeatz didn't seem to think this was on purpose. Still, send some sites, if enough people express their displeasure then Palm should fix it.

Re: my Pre, note above. But thanks to both for your condolences.
    Whether it's a bug or on purpose it doesn't really matter. We won't ever change it if we don't hear the feedback. If it is on purpose maybe we can find a larger threshold that might appease users.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I totally blew past the part about a patch that removes the limitation... Nice, thanks!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    lol.. Is it sick or twisted to be happy that this isn't fixed because I wrote the patch? (edit_text actually found-created the fix. I just made the patch for it.)

lmao.. Long live the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Thanks. I'm in mourning... What's the first stage? Denial?
    No, it's not.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    No, it's not.
    You're right. Denial is a river in Egypt.
    To bad I'm on VZW, I will not be able to touch it till the update. However, I bet the patch still works.

e_t
  12.    #12  
    For anyone who's interested, my Pre woke up from its coma, briefly, but was a very befuddled. It might need a trip to the doctor, but there's hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    For anyone who's interested, my Pre woke up from its coma, briefly, but was a very befuddled. It might need a trip to the doctor, but there's hope.
    The good doctor fixes many things.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Alright, here are some examples I can find of images the Pre won't display. I just removed the patch that fixes this, restarted Luna, then went through a bunch of the links at http://www.reddit.com/r/pics . These links work fine on my computer, but not on my Pre.

http://alanablanchard.com/blog/wp-co.../SWIL99791.JPG (1728x1152)
    http://i.imgur.com/oc8yx.jpg (1509x845)
    http://i.imgur.com/RZdp1.jpg (1200x1600)

I couldn't tell you if it's the dimensions or the file size that's causing the failure. I've opened 1152x768 images, but a 1440x900 one just failed. I have to re-enable the patch now to verify all of those will open.

I'll point out, just to be absolutely clear, that bug or not, I would prefer to be able to view high-res images on the Pre. :-)
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.