1.    #1  
    Got me some good Verizon love today. Bought my new Pre Plus 29 days ago for 149 (after rebate) and walked in to a full Verizon store today and got a $100 credit.

I also asked about Mobile Hotspot, got that for free and was told by another rep that VZ Navigator was free, got that also.

So, best scenario is to go to a full VZ store, wait the long wait and get your price match if you bought within the last 30 days and also get Mobile Hotspot and VZ Navigator for FREE. I asked if the price would ever go up and she said as long as I didn't remove the service from the line, it would always be free.

So happy I came back to Verizon!

David
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    Got me some good Verizon love today. Bought my new Pre Plus 29 days ago for 149 (after rebate) and walked in to a full Verizon store today and got a $100 credit.

I also asked about Mobile Hotspot, got that for free and was told by another rep that VZ Navigator was free, got that also.

So, best scenario is to go to a full VZ store, wait the long wait and get your price match if you bought within the last 30 days and also get Mobile Hotspot and VZ Navigator for FREE. I asked if the price would ever go up and she said as long as I didn't remove the service from the line, it would always be free.

So happy I came back to Verizon!

David
    score -- i bought mine 2 months ago
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    free VZ Nav? sure about that? just checked my features online, still $9.99.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I've had my Pixi Plus since February and just added Mobile Hotspot for $0. This is too good to be true. I was going to vote this the best April Fool's joke of the year. Fortunately, it is true. This thing is a piece of cake to set-up and connect.

I have to think that this feature alone it going to get a ton of people to get a Palm phone on Verizon. This is absoluately perfect for anybody considering the iPad. Actually, it is even more perfect for anybody on Verison considering the Iphone, since you get the best of all worlds with the Verizon network, webOS phone and iPhone applications on the big screen. The best thing us that this gives the $500 iPad free internet access .

When I looked at Navigator it was not free though -- still listed at $9.99/mo as before. I could really careless about navigation anyways.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Seriously the hotspot is free???????? Please tell me this isn't a joke. DH has Verizon and the Palm Pre + and I have Sprint and have that dabnabit card that I pay $60 a month for. It would be sweeeeeeet if that is true.
    its true. however I don't think navi is free. first I heard of that. op might have been fooled.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    There have been some questions about whether this is a short-term promotion or permanent. On the main PreCentral page there is an article about this and different people are saying different things.

All I know is is that I logged into my account today added it for free. Again, Navigator did not show as free for me.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    I went and logged on to verizon and was able to sign up for the hot spot as well

great info in this thread

thanks
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    its true. however I don't think navi is free. first I heard of that. op might have been fooled.
    tried mobile hotspot and only shows $=pricing.
  10.    #10  
    Well I'm wrong about the VZ Navigator, too bad. I emailed the rep and they just gave me a 30 day promo. Bummer, I like VZ Navigator, but 9.99 is a bit pricey. I wish we could get Google Turn by Turn.
    Why does the DROID have free Google Navigator and everyone else has to pay for VZ Navigator? We get the GPS signal, doesn't that mean that a routing and turn by turn navigation program could be written for webOS so we could pay one-time for that and avoid the $9.99 monthly charge to use the VZ navigation?

I admit...I'm pretty dumb about some things...many things. So if I appear a bit simple-minded...well, appearances can be pretty accurate!
    because...... Google wants you to buy a droid.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    free VZ Nav? sure about that? just checked my features online, still $9.99.
    Me too. Hotspot is $0, navigator is $10
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    Well I'm wrong about the VZ Navigator, too bad. I emailed the rep and they just gave me a 30 day promo. Bummer, I like VZ Navigator, but 9.99 is a bit pricey. I wish we could get Google Turn by Turn.
    I use a Garmin Nuvi. Bigger screen, stays where I can see it when I'm on the phone, etc. Far cheaper than paying $10/month. Even free, I don't want to be looking at my phone for directions. But that's just me...
    Yep my Nuvi is much better for navigation especially since the Pre usually shows me three or four blocks away from where I actually am .

But to each their own .
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    VZ Nav is free for the first month if you didn't already have it. This may be a regional offer as well.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Yep my Nuvi is much better for navigation especially since the Pre usually shows me three or four blocks away from where I actually am .

But to each their own .
    When I used VZ Nav on the Pre Plus, it always has me pegged right where I'm at. Honestly its the best GPS app on my phone, and I think I've installed most of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonie luv View Post
    because...... Google wants you to buy a droid.....?
    But why can Google get away with that when Palm can't? I guess Palm doesn't have a turn by turn nav app to 'push' onto VZW?

Guess a Garmin Nuvi is the way to go!
    with Sprint...all that stufff is free. Next time make sure u do your research!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    But why can Google get away with that when Palm can't? I guess Palm doesn't have a turn by turn nav app to 'push' onto VZW?
    Its not because Palm is incapable of writing a better GPS/Map app, it's because Verizon is limiting them from doing so. Verizon wants to promote and sell their VZW nav app and that is why the google maps/gps is lacking.

Not that I agree with it, but from Verizon's perspective, it makes sense that they are giving away the hotspot for free, since you have to pay for the navigation software, whereas the Droid you get the nav for free but do not have the hotspot option. I bet if they did offer that option for the droid it would likely not be free.

They have to change things up to make people more confused about what phone to buy. If they offered the same options for every phone, then people would only buy whatever phone had the highest specs at the time.

Although I'm on Verizon (need to because of work) I would prefer Sprint since they give all of this for free.
    Last edited by sf_basilix; 04/06/2010 at 11:16 AM.