1.    #1  
    I've been trying to run some tests today but i can't tell when I check the minutes used and the accuracy of the count.

My friend just recently got a Google voice phone number. He has AT&T and I have Sprint, which doesn't matter anyway with unlimited M to M. I didn't have to worry when I called him before as I have unlimited M to M since I just recently changed from the Simply everything Plan to this one. Can anyone else say for sure if this Google Voice number is going to cause some concern? What happens if he forwards his GVoice # to his home land line?

Just awaiting for the geniuses that rest herein for an accurate and conclusive answer backed by statistics and references which is usually a given when asking questions to geniuses.

soup
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    yes
  3.    #3  
    Actually I checked out my used minutes and it hasn't added any to my peak minutes after I specifically called his number and not making any other calls. i know that when i called his GVoice number, it was going straight to his cell phone. So are you saying yes to any GVoice number, or only when that particular number is forwarded to a land line? This unlimited Mobile to mobile thing is going to make my head spin in a 360 degree maneuver.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    no it doesnt use minutes
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I've been trying to run some tests today but i can't tell when I check the minutes used and the accuracy of the count.

My friend just recently got a Google voice phone number. He has AT&T and I have Sprint, which doesn't matter anyway with unlimited M to M. I didn't have to worry when I called him before as I have unlimited M to M since I just recently changed from the Simply everything Plan to this one. Can anyone else say for sure if this Google Voice number is going to cause some concern? What happens if he forwards his GVoice # to his home land line?

Just awaiting for the geniuses that rest herein for an accurate and conclusive answer backed by statistics and references which is usually a given when asking questions to geniuses.

soup
    So far as I've ever read, calling a Google Voice number is NOT calling a cell phone (free mobile to mobile), even if that Google Voice number forwards to a cell phone. So far as I know (and I'm pretty sure I've confirmed it in the past), it doesn't matter where your call is answered, it's what number you dialed, and the Google Voice number is not a cell phone. I'm fairly positive that you'll see those calls end up counting against your minutes. I know this conflicts with what others have replied to you, but I guess time will tell....Do let us know....I'm pretty sure on this one though....
    Calling a Google Voice number is no different than calling a landline as far as your mobile carrier goes.

Where the call ends up has no bearing.