1.    #1  
    I had a pre plus since almost the day they came out on verizon. It has been a great phone and fun -- last week the weather took out the power to my house and my phone was just about dead. I had a Solio solar charger that was sitting in the sun so i took it and pluged in my phone. -- it fried the charging circuitry in the Phone. -- it would not charge the battery after that and would get red hot on the touch stone or plugged into the wall. I went to verizon and initially they replaced the battery -- then they replaced the phone. - it came with 1.3.5 that i doctored to 1.4 -- the old phone had the double type bug -- the new (refurb) phone does not --- the keyboard is solid the old phone got warm when charging the new one does not (if i am not using it). The GPS locks on pretty good -could be a little better but passable -- all and all a good experience with verizon

So let this be a warning -- use a non -oem charger at your own risk

Rob
    Sorry to hear about your issues with your Pre, but glad to hear the keyboard issues are not happening with the refurb one you received. I'm having problems with my Pre (release date model), it died, came back in Spanish (?) & now is "frozen". After long chat with "live Palm" & trip to Verizon, a "like new" phone is on it's way. I have the general anxieties about getting a "refub" phone as well as the frustration of the keyboard issues. (the keyboard issue paled in comparison to it freezing up!)....so it is very reassuring to hear your "new" phone is working without issues!! Thanx for the post!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I bought a cheap car charger for my Pre and I should have just bought the regular palm one.. this one worked for a week, then the blue light went out and now it doesn't charge at all. I had one of those chargers pop the circut for the lighter in my car too, so yes, be careful. You get what you pay for!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Happy to read this because I was considering purchasing one of those solio solar chargers, just this morning. I got busy and decided to check it out tonight. Here I am now.. reading this..

Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    glad i could help -- - we are only as good as the information we recieve
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Happy to read this because I was considering purchasing one of those solio solar chargers, just this morning. I got busy and decided to check it out tonight. Here I am now.. reading this..

Thanks!
    Dude i really like your avatar
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Dude i really like your avatar
    lol.. Thanks! I don't remember where I got it but I did "have to have it".