Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126
  1.    #1  
    I understand that some were scared to try this, but after all what's TEP for right?

    I have to say that after 12 plus hours of gaming, texting, browsing, etc...that the 800 Mhz kernel is working swimmingly with the new update.

    That being said, I would still stongly suggest that anyone without TEP keep from overclocking at this time....

    All others, I'd have to say jump on board.
  2. #2  
    I hope I'm not asking a really dumb question, but,

    What is TEP?
  3. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #3  
    total equipment protection.. after all.. if your phone just doesn't come on anymore, how can it be proven what you did to it..
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by emakhanov View Post
    I hope I'm not asking a really dumb question, but,

    What is TEP?
    Total Equipment Protection (i.e. insurance w/ Sprint for $7/month)
  5. xsavior's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #5  
    Total Equipment Protection (Sprint's hardware insurance option)
  6. #6  
    OH OK i got that, but whats up with all my other patches some arent working,,,,did we get a new webos QI yet?
  7. #7  
    Yes 800Mhz loves 1.4.1. Ive been running it for couple of hours and with this new update and 800Mhz it's the best phone Ive ever used in my life time.


    Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  8. #8  
    for those of us without the 800mhz kernel is there anywhere we can get it currently? or r we still waiting for .ipk solution?
  9. #9  
    I was using the 720 patch, but even that has me SO spoiled now. I believe I'm gonna stick that puppy back on till the ipk is out.
  10. jsabo's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    total equipment protection.. after all.. if your phone just doesn't come on anymore, how can it be proven what you did to it..
    By pulling the flash memory and putting it into another machine, but it's unlikely they'd do that unless you were habitually frying phones and taking them back in.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    By pulling the flash memory and putting it into another machine, but it's unlikely they'd do that unless you were habitually frying phones and taking them back in.
    I agree with jsabo - they can still pull info off your phone if they wanted to. It's likely the CPU will fry, but not your storage. I would also be very wary of this since now that Palm knows about the 800Mhz patch (they made a public announcement), I'm sure any phone that comes back "fried" will be tested. You will void your warranty and TEP will not cover it. Caveat emptor....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I agree with jsabo - they can still pull info off your phone if they wanted to. It's likely the CPU will fry, but not your storage. I would also be very wary of this since now that Palm knows about the 800Mhz patch (they made a public announcement), I'm sure any phone that comes back "fried" will be tested. You will void your warranty and TEP will not cover it. Caveat emptor....
    i'm sure if someone fries their pre they would report it lost/stolen not send it in...


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    OH OK i got that, but whats up with all my other patches some arent working,,,,did we get a new webos QI yet?
    sooooooo is this a yes or no for my question,,,lol?
  14. dbh123's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #14  
    Hmmm.... Palm's warranty definitely doesn't cover overclocking-related damage - which is completely reasonable.

    But the Sprint TEP isn't associated with Palm and, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $doesn$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $such$ $limitations$. $In$ $fact$ $it$'$s$ $there$ $to$ $cover$ $you$ $against$ $stupid$ $accidents$ $and$ $out$-$of$-$warranty$ $repairs$/$replacement$
  15. #15  
    1.4.1.1 800 installed works great!

    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh123 View Post
    But the Sprint TEP isn't associated with Palm and, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $doesn$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $such$ $limitations$. $In$ $fact$ $it$'$s$ $there$ $to$ $cover$ $you$ $against$ $stupid$ $accidents$ $and$ $out$-$of$-$warranty$ $repairs$/$replacement$
    my thoughts exactly


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  17. #17  
    you overclockers are lame. =)
  18. #18  
    I've already voided my TEP from the crack I put on the side of my screen from dropping it. So, I'm pretty much a go for anything on my phone. If it fry's, then I'll just us my insurance and pay the $100.
  19. #19  
    on the 800mhz, is there any difference/advantage from instally a terminal patach (like 800mhz.sh) vs an patch with .ipkg?? Are the patches the same, but just installed differently?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    1.4.1.1 800 installed works great!

    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    Ummm ok, I admit Im too lazy a mood to read the entire overclocking threads.. but am interested in trying it.

    IS the above code, (ya I know, logged in, as root, etc) ALL I would need to do, to get this?

    TIA
    Diane
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions