Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    has anyone had worse battery life with the 800mhz and 1.4.1.1? I'm in the process of letting my two batteries die a couple of times to re-condition them, and didn't want to make my battery life worse with the 800. also, if it is based on the 1.4 kernel, isn't there a chance of it locking up more?

i'm more on the fence of not installing it since 1.4.1.1 made my phone pretty much as fast as it was with 1.4 and 800mhz. the only real reason i put 800mhz on 1.4 was because it would help with 3D games. i think they've fixed the touch sensitivity a little bit through the pinch-zoom fix (noticed it in the interactive tests) because things seem to respond better to my touch now (especially on 3D games).
    OK I just dowloaded the file

before I DO this, just making sure, the file I have IS the correct one for 1.4.1.1

the file is:
    800MHzOS14.sh and the size is 3192kb

I just got it from the links at the start of the main 800Mhz post
    Is THIS the right file?

then if I log into a novaterm session, as root, or a putty session as root, can I just copy the file to the correct location,

/var/home/root/

then just execute:

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

Then Luna restart, then reboot phone?

Does that seem about the correct steps and methodolgy?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i'm sure if someone fries their pre they would report it lost/stolen not send it in...
    That's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    OK I just dowloaded the file

before I DO this, just making sure, the file I have IS the correct one for 1.4.1.1

the file is:
    800MHzOS14.sh and the size is 3192kb

I just got it from the links at the start of the main 800Mhz post
    Is THIS the right file?

then if I log into a novaterm session, as root, or a putty session as root, can I just copy the file to the correct location,

/var/home/root/

then just execute:

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

Then Luna restart, then reboot phone?

Does that seem about the correct steps and methodolgy?
    yes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it would awesome if you people in here could go to the first page in this link and download the spread sheet and do the testing marco and jeff only have 30 tests done out of 500 downloads of the spread sheet . so they need more test results and then post them on that thread and send them to marco and jeff . thanks! THIS WILL SPEED UP THE IPK VERSION OF THE KERNELS ! JUST SAYIN !!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Would overclocking help with online multiplayer on Modern Combat to not be so laggy when you come across another person? It's like when I see them and try to shoot them, the game will freeze for a sec and then i'm dead.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    is the patch updated yet or did you install the patch made for 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawg5000 View Post
    is the patch updated yet or did you install the patch made for 1.4?
    go to the link in my last post . to the first page and the kernel script is there and working
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    anyone else having an issue with battery and Facebook Beta while OC'd? I just lost 40% in about 45mins and the Pre got real hot, Only thing open was facebook, and I was getting a large amount of notifications....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I use OC and FB beta 1.1.16 - no big issues with overheating and battery.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    damn i jus doctored my phone last night and im already tempted to try the 800mhz again lol im gonna try n wait it out
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    my phone just auto updated and removed all my patches and 800MHz. > so anyways, after the update, i re-installed the overclock patch and all my other patches. working fantastic again. hopefully no long term problems.
    Still waiting to re OC
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Just re-installed 800mhz script on my phone after updating and it runs even cooler than before! Battery temp is at 26 degrees!
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    If i got this right...
    Intense downloading and gaming and charging the phone is what can cause the temp to rise?
    If i dont make intense downloads... like just updating my calendar, and the occasional App that downloads some RSS feeds.. I should be ok temp wise
    right ?
    I've just installed it myself so I cant tell yet, but theoretically if it runs cooler shouldnt there be less risk of damage to the processor?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhric View Post
    If i got this right...
    Intense downloading and gaming and charging the phone is what can cause the temp to rise?
    If i dont make intense downloads... like just updating my calendar, and the occasional App that downloads some RSS feeds.. I should be ok temp wise
    right ?
    Should be correct!
    I likey take apart thingies....
  18.    #118  
    New IPK is out for 800Mhz and 720Mhz overclocking....From what I am reading, it is the exact same thing as the older .sh file. Just easier to install/uninstall.

GREAT WORK GUYS! W O O T!!!
    sweet gotta go check that out..

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  20.    #120  
    So after all that back and forth, the 800mhz kernal for 1.4 is the same as the one for 1.4.1.1?

Can CAJ confirm?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast