Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    How are you using mobile hotspot? Are you on Sprint or Verizon?
    Last edited by Beach447; 04/02/2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    used link to install 800mhz patch on 1.4.1.1 seems to work great. that and possibly mobile hot spot. quite a good day for my sprint pre. may help me hold on to it for longer than expected
    What link? It was taken down several days ago.
    I was able to download the 80@mhz from the link on the instructions post yesterday....
    you can use it for sprint too look in the forum under apps and go to mobile hot spot for sprint its easy I use it alot for my laptop and computer, and its free like the verizon version.
    on 1.4.1.1.. running 800mhz, mobile hotspot, and 35 patches and a theme, Never better, loving my Pre..
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you can use it for sprint too look in the forum under apps and go to mobile hot spot for sprint its easy I use it alot for my laptop and computer, and its free like the verizon version.
    Now i'm a little confused. Is the mobile hot spot for Sprint in palm catalog or a homebrew. You said look in forum under apps, but I'm not sure where that is.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    i think you guys have convinced me. going for it.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Well I had the 800mhz overclocking and loved it. I am going to try and uninstall, update, and then reinstall. Lets see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get an answer on this anywhere. After I uninstaled the 800mhz kernal do I need to remove the kernal from the phone? Where we had to send it to install. How do I remove the file, I assume it will be a useless file now anyway. Can someone chime in?
    I am going to pick up another "refurbished" Pre on Saturday...it will be my 3rd. My first Pre had a build date of August something (looked up using hash codes)...only issue was the power button wouldn't work...so after returning it to Sprint a month ago Palm sends a refurbished one that had a build date of 6/26/09. Later that day I noticed yellow splotches on screen which could be caused by overheating...figured Palm would have fixed that when they refurbished...lol. Well since I am picking up a newly refurbished one on saturday and Palm tonight was forcing the 1.4.1 on me I left 800 on and let it update. After the update it was back at 500MHz...since my computer is down I used Terminal App and typed commandline for install since I figured 800 file would still be there...it rebooted...I used terminal again typed cat /proc/cpuinfo...well what do you know...800 is back on...and works perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    I can't seem to get an answer on this anywhere. After I uninstaled the 800mhz kernal do I need to remove the kernal from the phone? Where we had to send it to install. How do I remove the file, I assume it will be a useless file now anyway. Can someone chime in?
    no
    wish i could say i had the same success as u guys putting the 800MHz on my 1.4.1.1 pre but im getting serious GUI lag and unresponsiveness and eventual lock up
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    mksand28> No problems whatsoever...and hell...didnt even uninstall 800 B4 update...figured I would take a chance as I am picking up a my 3rd Pre on Saturday...I did do an EPR however b4 update....after doing EPR (which shouldn't erase 800 anyways) I checked speed B4 updating to 1.4.1...was still going...
    oh...going on my 3rd Pre had nothing to do with 720/800...first was power button...2nd was blotches on screen noticed hours after receiving refurb...I hope 3 times is a charm...lol...I would rather be on 6th Pre than leave Palm...but when warranty ends in august I may feel different...by then the C40?...
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I understand that some were scared to try this, but after all what's TEP for right?

I have to say that after 12 plus hours of gaming, texting, browsing, etc...that the 800 Mhz kernel is working swimmingly with the new update.

That being said, I would still stongly suggest that anyone without TEP keep from overclocking at this time....

All others, I'd have to say jump on board.

CANNONBALL!!! lol but yes I do agree it's working very peppy
    I havent noticed any reverting, then again i never really had any beef with 1.4 issues, so it could be that i'm blinded by the speed, so i'm subconsciously forgiving the bugs that are back in the system.

~ Wolfenstein pre-D, Now in Pre-Alpha! ~
    well I'm 1.4.1.1 Running the 800... The way I see it I'll run this till the updated patch the unistall /replace the old patch then instaill the new 800 Since it'll be out soon and another palm update isn't for a while.
    1.4.1.1 + the 800Mhz patch is amazing. I love it.

Also, are we sure the kernel was updated in 1.4.1.1? Such a small revision number for a new kernel.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    1.4.1.1 + the 800Mhz patch is amazing. I love it.

Also, are we sure the kernel was updated in 1.4.1.1? Such a small revision number for a new kernel.
    That's what I've been trying to figure out and asking since like page 2 of this thread!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Wasn't there mention of how the Pre works with trash in the last update? Thats an important update.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast