Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    ipks are easier to install...uninstall
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ummm ok, I admit Im too lazy a mood to read the entire overclocking threads.. but am interested in trying it.

IS the above code, (ya I know, logged in, as root, etc) ALL I would need to do, to get this?

TIA
    Diane
    You need to get 800MHzOS14.sh and put it in your /var/home/root/ directory first. Use WOSQI linux command line for it. You really should just read the instructions, less chance for a screw up.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    installed works great!

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    I tried the 600 mhz patch, but could not see significant difference. I uninstalled the patch and reinstalled the 800 mhz and so far it is great!!
    No you need to have that file (800MHzOS14.sh) in that directory ( /var/home/root/) before you can run it
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    720 and 800 MHz ipk's will be out soon.
    If soon you mean by the weekend, then I'll wait. But if soon means a couple of weeks, I'll go back to the patch. Miss the 800mhz =\
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    720 and 800 MHz ipk's will be out soon.
    Woohoo! It can't come soon enough!
    The download link for the patch is no longer working - does anyone know where I can get the patch?
    +1. Please...
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    If you install the 1.4 version of the 800Mhz patch in 1.4.1x then you are effectively
    reverting your phone back to a 1.4 Linux kernel, discarding any bug fixes
    that they made in the 1.4.1x kernel. If you look at the list of packages that were
    in the 1.4.1x release, it does appear there is a kernel package in there.

ian
    Thanks for the heads up on that. One last thing - where can i find the complete list of 1.4.1 packages?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ummm ok, I admit Im too lazy a mood to read the entire overclocking threads.. but am interested in trying it.

IS the above code, (ya I know, logged in, as root, etc) ALL I would need to do, to get this?

TIA
    Diane
    TBH, it's just easier to read the thread.

It's like 2-3 steps to get it on your Pre. It's very easy for someone with WebosQuickInstall to do.
  12.    #32  
    I dunno Daemon....all my bug fixes are still fixed...can somone else confirm Daemon's statement?
    I had no bugs, I guess there's a reason bell takes long to get things out, they make sure it's good. haha. jk.

Um. i just want paid apps, don't care about anything else, then again, i don't think i'm going to buy any for awhile until I can research it.

So I've uninstalled my 800 kernal. updating the phone, then reinstalling the 800 again, Let you know how it goes

BELL
    links for patch still seem dead just take me to mediafire site
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    If you install the 1.4 version of the 800Mhz patch in 1.4.1x then you are effectively
    that they made in the 1.4.1x kernel. If you look at the list of packages that were

ian
    Do you mean that instal 800 patch is like downgrade the 1.41 back to 1.40. And cannot enjoy every fixes of 1.41?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I understand that some were scared to try this, but after all what's TEP for right?
    Right...I'm sure most people have TEP for insurance fraud purposes.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

ian
    Ugh... wish I saw this before I reinstalled it... I read this thread and figured why not... now I know.

So my question then is... If I uninstall it again, will I need to re-update the phone back to 1.4.1.1?
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    Do you mean that instal 800 patch is like downgrade the 1.41 back to 1.40. And cannot enjoy every fixes of 1.41?
    I believe Daemon's comment and what you've said could be very true.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    Ugh... wish I saw this before I reinstalled it... I read this thread and figured why not... now I know.

So my question then is... If I uninstall it again, will I need to re-update the phone back to 1.4.1.1?
    I think you could just leave it until you see bugs and actual problems because I think the only way to get true 1.4.1 is to doctor it with 1.4.1. I'm unsure how the uninstall should work (uninstall to 1.4.0 or 1.4.1)

I could be wrong however.
    Hi all,
    can anyone send me the 800Mhz-Patch to mltm.arslan(at)googlemail.com ...thank you in forward...
    mel
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast