Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    For some reason the app catalog will not let me put my credit card info onto there servers i get to the stage were i have typed in all the right info and clicked submit but then it says

    "payment failed
    we cannot process your payment
    contact your financial institution.
    PMT04001"

    Has anyone else came across this i have been treble checking my address with my statements etc and still nothing!
    UK PRE USER
  2. #2  
    I got a similar message. My guess is that their servers are probably not prepared for the gold rush?

    EDIT: uh, they didn't accept "0" as my telephone number.. Grrr Why couldn't they say that in plain words instead of PMTxyz?
    Last edited by palimpalim; 04/01/2010 at 12:37 PM.
  3. #3  
    thanks for the link tomi666... since this user is in the EU, there may be other issues. Could be something as simple as the app catalog simply having a glitch right now.

    But... OP.. be sure you are entering all of your card billing data EXACTLY as it appears on your billing statement. Because of fraud, the card companies are very strict about this stuff. If the billing info you enter doesn't match the billing info on file, the card will not be accepted. Also... have you used this card on-line before? Some card issuers put restrictions on how you can use a card. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
  4. Benuk's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    For some reason the app catalog will not let me put my credit card info onto there servers i get to the stage were i have typed in all the right info and clicked submit but then it says

    "payment failed
    we cannot process your payment
    contact your financial institution.
    PMT04001"

    Has anyone else came across this i have been treble checking my address with my statements etc and still nothing!

    I had the same issue with two Visa debit cards (HSBC & Halifax) I have the issue raised the issue with Palm support. My billing info was all correct, as a Mastercard from the Halifax works fine but isn't what I want to use.

    Is your card thats getting the PMT04001 error a Visa?
  5.    #5  
    yeh i have got it word for word just one question were it says billing address 1,2,3 is that line 1,2,3, or as in 3 different address's
    UK PRE USER
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    I had the same issue with two Visa debit cards (HSBC & Halifax) I have the issue raised the issue with Palm support. My billing info was all correct, as a Mastercard from the Halifax works fine but isn't what I want to use.

    Is your card thats getting the PMT04001 error a Visa?
    yes a visa debit
    UK PRE USER
  7. #7  
    A lot of people are having issues with Visa Debit. It seems to work with some banks and not others. I know a few people with Pre's using the same bank's cards as myself and none of them have managed to use them. Details are definately, without a doubt correct.
  8. #8  
    yeah visa debits cause a lot of issues, when i was buying tickets for my dad for something, i had no idea why it wasnt being accepted..then i found out they didnt accept visa debit...

    Other sites have a specific option for visa debit.

    Maybe palm are just behind. *sigh*
  9.    #9  
    well i had an online chat witha palm rep and he has escalated the problem he did not know what the pmt04001 message ment so iw ill be getting a call in the next couple of days (but as it is bank holiday easter tomorrow and monday i doubt i will get anything till wednesday )
    UK PRE USER
  10.    #10  
    anyone else using a halifax visa debit card on the app store?
    UK PRE USER
  11. #11  
    Hi,
    From St. John's Canada.
    I had the same problem over and over as It would not accept my Master Card.
    I canceled my purchase and then went to preferences for the App Catalog and added a Master Card account from there and it worked fine after I tried a new purchase.

    BTW check out Dungeon Hunter. Awesome!
  12. #12  
    well i have an O2 Money Card which is Visa Debit (sortof) and that doesnt work with App Catalog, and i would have thought a card from the only distributor of the Palm Pre in the uk would have managed to get it working
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    well i have an O2 Money Card which is Visa Debit (sortof) and that doesnt work with App Catalog, and i would have thought a card from the only distributor of the Palm Pre in the uk would have managed to get it working
    App Catalog works fine with my O2 Money (Load & Go) card (apart from once when I didn't have enough money on it). I used it again today

    Check your card isn't blocked and has some money on it. Then set it up in App Catalog -> Preferences & Accounts. Make sure you use exactly the same details as you gave O2 for the card billing and it should be OK
  14. #14  
    its definitely not blocked; i used it just the other day, and it has around 25 loaded. The billing address is also correct. It causes me a lot of grief sometimes this card haha.
  15. tommce's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #15  
    I have a UK Visa debit worked perfectly for the first few purchases but is now being rejected.

    Hey, I'm trying to spend money!

Posting Permissions