1.    #1  
    I am trying to download a .wmv video but it says it doesn't support the format. how can I download videos from the internet?
    Wmv files are not supported on the Pre. But you are still able to download them with the Multi Mod patch.
    Is Multi Mod working for the 1.4.1 update?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #4  
    Where do you find that? Also I try to watch videos online but I need to java I tried to install it but it said it wouldn't be ready until the first half of the year any news on this?
    Multi Mod isnt working for 1.4.1 Yet. But I made a mistake. You should be able to download a Wmv file anyway. That's just for Mp3 files and such. Idk about Java I know Pre isnt supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by LandonD18 View Post
    Where do you find that? Also I try to watch videos online but I need to java I tried to install it but it said it wouldn't be ready until the first half of the year any news on this?
    MP4 is the video format best supported. Flash videos should work when/if Flash is ever made available for webOS.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Flash videos should work when/if Flash is ever made available for webOS.
    Personal Opinion, I dont think it ever will.
    Yup... you can download .wmv files, but you still won't be able to play them on the Pre since that codec is not supported. If you have files like that, you can convert them on your computer and then transfer them to your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    Multi Mod isnt working for 1.4.1 Yet. But I made a mistake. You should be able to download a Wmv file anyway. That's just for Mp3 files and such. Idk about Java I know Pre isnt

supported.

multi mod does work with 1.4.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by LandonD18 View Post
    I am trying to download a .wmv video but it says it doesn't support the format. how can I download videos from the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yup... you can download .wmv files, but you still won't be able to play them on the Pre since that codec is not supported. If you have files like that, you can convert them on your computer and then transfer them to your device.
    The free Real Player includes a file converter. Use the iPhone/iPod mp4 H264 codec instead of the Pre 3gp H263 codec. I've not had good luck with the 3gp codec at all.